The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darkwing Duck

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I know there are some people here that know about this show. I didn't grow up with it myself, it ended when I was too young to even have a conscious memory. :p

My brother knew about this show though, so I looked it up because I remember liking Duck Tales when I was young as well, so I wanted to find out about this show. I saw a few episodes on youtube and I got hooked!

My favorite characters would have to be:
NegaDuck-he's PURELY evil, if you can even say "pure" and "evil" in one sentence. He's Darkwing's insane, twisted, violence loving evil twin. But I love this guy anyway. :p

Morgana-She's DW's GF. She is relatively kind and caring, but she was once a villain herself. She is also a witch, who can cast spells and those sort of things. She's a good witch though.

Gosalyn-She's DW's adopted daughter. She's full of personality and is very fiery. In other words, she's a tomboy.

Edit: Scratch what I said about it ending before I even had a conscious memory...I actually had somewhat of a memory, just not really...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I use to watch the show and enjoyed it.   I guess launchpad quit Scrooge Mckduck (however you spell his name) and found a nicer person to work for.  

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I used to watch this show quite a bit. I think they had a DVD of some of the episodes out a while ago, but I'm not sure if its still in circulation.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just looked and Amazon has both volumes still for sale so it looks like they are both still in print.  Deepdiscount has them listed also so both volumes must still be available, at least in the us, no idea about other countries.   Each volume has 26-27 episodes and seems to be 3 dvd's based on the text information and some reviews.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Dude, I love this show! I thought it was a hilarious parody of Batman. I also loved Launchpad's presence. I wish Disney would bring him back. For that matter, they should bring back a lot of the characters they used in their older shows, like most of the cast of Talespin.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would be nice, maybe someday they will.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I¥ve heard of it, but I never saw it be honest

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Darkwing Duck is a great show. I like the main music theme and the villians in it. :)
The other funny thing about DW, is that it's perhaps the only cartoon, where i liked the russian translation better then original english text. Darkwing Duck was called "Черный Плащ" in there, wich can be approximately translated as "The Black Cape". Sounds mysterious, isn't it? :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I loved the show growing up, and watched it with regularity. the early 90s were a boom times in terms of cartoons,  Darkwing Duck was a parody of Batman and his villians.. launchpad, as I recall, never fit in on Ducktails, and at least foubnd a home with Drake Mallard (DD's alias).
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Don't know if it's true but I heard may be the reason.  I heard they made Launchpad since in the original comic books the Ducktales was based on had Donald Duck and Disney didn't want him in the series in that role since they though he'd overshadow the kids and Uncle Scrooge so they made up Launchpad.   I agree in that I think he fit in with Darkwing Duck better.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I remember watching that show when I was young.  Can't recall much of it, but I still remember that great opening theme song. :D

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This show was great. I loved that little girl in it. All though to me her voice was sorta annoying. I think her name may have been Gosalyn. I liked it but my favorite disney afternoon show has always and will always be Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I've actually started to re-watch it. And in all honesty, the character who's REALLY *ahem* vined around my heart is no other than DOCTOR REGINALD BUSHROOT ! He'd be such a sweetheart if he wasn't getting himself into trouble. It's been a while since I had any character really get to my empathetic side. I...really kinda want him to actually have some kind of a happy ending and find the soulmate he wants so desperately. One that...isn't an enormous potato...