The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Titanic: The Animated Musical

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sometimes I wonder though is so horribly poor a movie does not give more delight to the people than a moderately good one. People love to complain about things and a moderately good movie would probably not have gone unnoticed at all. Unless someone speaks up on behalf of that movie (not likely as it is "criticized" for good reason) this thread will remain nothing more but a continuous bashing of the movie. This however seems to give pleasure to many.

Who or what is NC?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nostalgia Critic or NC, hes a guy who provides commentary on films, usually crappy ones, like Batman and Robin or this ...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
As Nick said. He reivews older films that were never that good to begin with and have aged even worse. He does have positive reivews, though, such as his top 11 lists, in which Land Before Time has made appearances because he's also a fan. Heck, he might even be on this board just not admitting that he's the NC.

I like listening to his reviews, myself. I know a lot of negativity goes into them, but its mostly well-deserved and I enjoy seeing films people have fond memories of, despite their actual quality, getting the ripping they deserve.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Same here. Didn't know this movie existed until I saw NC's review. And man is it...crazy. 0_o

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,May 4 2009 on  05:46 PM
Heck, he might even be on this board just not admitting that he's the NC.

It's possible that he is.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
that would be pretty cool.. :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes it would be cool. I watched this last weekend it is the worst movie next to Batman and Robin.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
The creators couldn't be that stupid.  They found a way to get funding to make the film, pay themselves, pay animators, voice actors, have a DVD release.  They did something right to get paid for something so rotten.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The movie was dumb and the uncut version is more crazy.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The rapping dog is worse than Jar Jar Binks! Jar Jar is still bad but at least he didn't sing or rap in the Star Wars episodes I,II,III!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've had to take about an hour to cool down after reading this topic.  I did NOT see this topic when it was made (I was probably moving at the time).  

But geeze a f****** musical?  It can't get any worse than this.  So horrible.....these people deserve to go bankrupt. :anger

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They have the f word in the uncut version :blink:. They made this for kids right?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
You actually made it through the whole movie? :p  I tried but stopped about halfway in.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have to admit the uncut version is a bit better but not by much I'd put the uncut on 3.0 out of ten the cut one I'd put at 0.5. and in the uncut one the dog doesn't rap about how it's party time and the band of mexican mice do a better song than the cut one.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,May 8 2009 on  04:50 AM
The creators couldn't be that stupid.  They found a way to get funding to make the film, pay themselves, pay animators, voice actors, have a DVD release.  They did something right to get paid for something so rotten.
Yeah, they're smart enough to know a way to rip us off.  It was a quick buck move, and they know it.  Yep, they were that greedy.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I don't know, there were some pretty bad aspects to it, but I didn't think the movie was all that bad. The Disney ripoffs were pretty obvious, the "Hold Me" song got kinda repetitive after a while, the other two songs couldn't have been more out of place, the animation was pretty bad, the dolphins were kinda random ("Everybody died but there were dolphins so it was a happy ending"), but while I agree the movie wasn't great I think there's worse out there.
I just reread the paragraph I just wrote and it sounded like a farce. I'm going to pretend the sarcasm that must have fueled my optimism is somewhere in my sleep-deprived unconscious, because despite all evidence to the contrary, I enjoyed myself during that movie.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ah yes. This film. My dad found it in a discount store and thought it would be funny. I started watching it and called him into the room when the dog started rapping...

I heard that apparently some versions of the DVD have a label or something that says "No-one dies in the movie". Well, maybe not on screen, but that random couple dies, and the mouse even mentions at the end that Celine Dion (I mean, the singer) died. Oops.

I am a fan of the ship Titanic, so when watching things like this, I can't help but laugh at mistakes, like how several rooms seem to have been merged together in some scenes. In one scene, the main guy smashes a window to free third class passengers. I don't know why, the room is clearly the First Class Palm Court, and there should be a HUGE screen door to his left. Or he could have just gone back the way they came and taken the door outside. They're on A deck, a first class deck with exits everywhere and no locked doors. (Ok, that's enough of that)

I also wonder how they didn't get complaints for portrayal of people. James Cameron got into a heap of trouble after showing Officer Murdoch killing himself. In this movie, there is that one officer who continously changes character, going from jealous, to friendly, to full-blown evil, who sneaks onto a boat, and is a general jerk. They say he is the First Officer, how did they get away with such disrespect towards the real people?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So what do the new members of the forum think of this?