The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Series Project

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Gang of Five does not work like a chatbox. People come on the forum when they have free time and will reply to your post when they see it. Making 3 posts within 3 hours is not going to help that, because people cannot be on the gang of five 24/7. Next time, please refrain from posting several times in a row and use the 'Edit' button on the top right of your post instead to add information.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^I agree.

I can't work on my many projects (including this one) the whole day. I need to be motivated which I often am not due to long school days. I'll need a week, at least. Need to translate about 25 minutes of dialogue after all and see that it fits the German dialogue somehow (which isn't always easy), also need to make sure my translation doesn't have mistakes, spelling- and grammar-wise.
I won't disappoint you, don't worry ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay :) oh hey! When we have the story figured, we are going to need voices right!?
8 years with TGOF :yum

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You got it :yes Once everybody has agreed on a final script of the dialogue, we need to do voice acting. Then, we can start animating.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
:) Then I so want to play a role :D!!!

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wouldn't an animatic or slideshow story be a better idea? Similar to some of the Berenstain Bears videos. Sounds and music (audio track) with artworks that move at different times (and probably have various effects).

Not that I'm volunteering but I mean budget and time-wise for everyone lol..

EDIT: vs. a movie. Unless you guys are just doing an audiobook? I dunno I didn't read it all  :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We're *trying* to do a movie-like animation of a German audiobook (and I'm the one slowing it down, :bang)

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
No worries! I am sure we all have pesky life things getting in the way :smile
I am still working on that animation post, too :p

Ludichris1, we are doing more of a shorter episode than any kind of lengthy movie. It is mostly just a fun project, and I don't think we are budgeting or putting time constraints on it :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now that I have AT LEAST half of the audio play translated, I thought it should post what I got so far so we can start working with that :)

Notes: Sometimes I have to change the original meaning a bit because, especially in Ducky's case, they didn't pay much attention to speech patterns... Mind you, the speaker of Lala (Teletubbies) is voicing Ducky in this audio play.
At some spots, I wasn't sure which word would be the better choice so I wrote all that would fit in my view. You may help me to filter out the weaker ones and correct any grammatical or wording mistakes. At some spots, the wording may seem a little odd because I tried to stick to the original choice of words wherever it was possible - and the original choice of words is occasionally really odd :lol

Ducky (very happy): Cool, cool, cool! Yaaaaaaay! (jumps into the spring)
from this moment on, Ducky keeps giggling, and gabbering in the background which I suggest to ignore

*her voice is indistinct due to being caught in a bubbly bubble (we probably either have to ignore that as well or use a sound program that can do this)

*Ducky cries for help in the background

*Petrie pops bubbles, popping sound

The Great Adventure

Song: The Lone Dinosaur (to be ignored for it has no real importance for the story at all...)

Scene: The Great Valley, nesting place of the Longnecks. Background noices.

Littlefoot: May I go play, Grandma?

Grandma: Of course you may, Littlefoot. But you must promise not to wander too far.

Grandpa: And when the Bright Circle touches the ground, you must have returned to the nest.

Littlefoot (sighing): Grandpa, I'm not a tiny/little Longneck anymore... I'm already big/grown-up and I can take care of myself!

Grandma: That may be true, Littlefoot, but we are worried when you wander off so f.. (getting interrupted by Littlefoot)

Littlefoot (being a little annoyed): Oh/So? Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike are always  with me... What could possibly go wrong?

Grandpa: You could accidently get to/wander into the Mysterious Beyond.

Grandma: Or fall into a canyon...

Grandpa: Or... (Littlefoot interrupts)

Littlefoot: No/Nah/Never, we'll be careful, don't worry. Seeya! (runs off)

Grandparents: *Sigh*

Grandma: Those kids...  (both at the same time)

Grandpa: Yeah... (both at the same time)

Narrator (Littlefoot is walking): Littlefoot headed out to see his friends Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike who were already awaiting him. He was a bit angry at/annoyed of his grandparents for they really didn't seem to have any confidence/trust in him. They continously warned him not to go too far from home and to be back before the Bright Circle touches the ground. No, that was too much of a good thing... Littlefoot discovered his friends who were playing in a pile of treestars (laughter of the Gang)

Littlefoot: There you are... Yoohoo! It's me.

Cera: Where have you been?

Ducky: Yes, we have been waiting for you, oh yes, yes, yes.

Petrie: Me not been waiting, me been playing in treestars.

Spike: *affirmative grunts*

Littlefoot: I really wanted to come earlier but my grandparents have had more warnings for me than there are treestars on a tree.

Cera: Terrible...

Littlefoot: I'd really like to have a real, great adventure. I'm already big/old enough for that.

Cera: Oh yeah! I'd so love to chase a Sharptooth! Just a bit...

Littlefoot: Nah, only kids do that. Shall I tell you a secret?

All: Yes/Yeah! (Spike does affirmative grunts again)

Littlefoot: I believe to know a path that leads to the Mysterious Beyond.

All: What!? (Spike grunting in a surprised way)

Littlefoot: That's right, it's likely that the path is on the other side of the big, rocky mountain.

Petrie: Ohh, we not allowed to go there...

Ducky: Nope, nope, nope, we are not.

Cera (annoyed): Pah! What d'ya mean with 'we're not allowed to go there'?! I'm Cera, a threehorn, and a threehorn doesn't allow others to boss 'em around!

Petrie: And me Petrie, a... erm... a flyer, and Petrie scared of Mysterious Beyond. What you say, Ducky?

Ducky: I do not know, no, I really do not know, nope, nope, nope... What do you think, Spike?

Spike: *affirmative grunts*

Littlefoot: You heard him, Spike doesn't mind. Besides, you don't have to be afraid because you're under the protection of a longneck.

Cera: Pah! If you ask me... (surprised) hey, look!

Petrie (astonished): Ohh...

Cera: A small, green stick that crawls across the ground...

Petrie: Uii...

Littlefoot: Oh..

Petrie: Me never seen anything like that  before. It funny.

Ducky (laughs): Hahahaha, lookie! It shortens and then it becomes long and flat, it does, it does. Hehehe.

Cera: Who are you?

Harry: I'm Harry, a caterpillar, and if you step on me with your big feet I will avenge that!

Cera: What?

Spike: *excited sounds*

Harry: And if your friend has the intention to eat me, I'll show him! grr!

Littlefoot: Spike would never do such a thing, Harry.

Spike: *makes eating sounds*

Harry: So? So why is he making those eating sounds, eh?

Littlefoot: Well, because he's always hungry. If Spike could, he'd only eat and sleep all day.

Harry: That's what he looks like! No thanks, I prefer to escape/flee to safety! (crawls away)

(few seconds break, the Gang is probably watching his departure)

Ducky: Now he is gone, he is, he is.

Spike (simultanious to Ducky): *sighs sadly*

Petrie: That funny thing.

Cera: So, what about our big, real adventure? If we stay here standing around any longer, the Bright Circle will touch the ground soon and the darkness will arrive at the valley.

Littlefoot: Right, we couldn't have an adventure anymore since... we wouldn't see anything... Alright, follow me! Let's have a new adventure! (all start running)

(laughter)

Ducky: Oh great!

Petrie: Me not so sure...

Narrator: The five friends set off, lead by Littlefoot. Littlefoot wasn't perfectly sure whether or not the small path he was talking about actually lead to the Mysterious Beyond, but he at least assumed it would. That way he directly marched towards the big, rocky mountain and began to climb up. Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike followed him.

Gang: *panting*

Littlefoot (exhausted): See, we're almost at the bubbling spring...

Cera (exhausted): *pants* I hope this is not what you call an adventure...

Ducky (happy, excited): Ohh, a bubbling spring! I want to have a swim, yep, yep, yep!

Littlefoot (exhausted): Alright... then let's take a break here. We rest, and you can have a swim...

*Ducky (very happy): Cool, cool, cool! Yaaaaaaay! (jumps into the spring)

Cera: I didn't imagine this climb to be that hard.

Ducky: *giggles for about 5 seconds* Ohh, this is sooo funny. Do you see the big bubbly bubbles? Ohh, this is fun!

Petrie (worried): You gotta be careful, Ducky! Some bubbly bubbles be pretty, pretty big...

Ducky: Do not worry Petrie, do not worry. I am a swimmer, yep, yep, yep. *giggles*

Cera: I really don't get what's supposed to be so funny... It ain't that different from our watering hole we usually go to to swim, right Spike? Spike?!

Spike: *snoring*

Littlefoot: *chuckles simultanious to Cera*

Cera: Unbelievable... he fell asleep right away.

Petrie: What else he should do? There not much to eat here so Spike snoring.

Ducky *: Help! I want to get out of here! I am locked, I am! A bubbly bubble has locked me, it has!

*Ducky (simultanious to Littlefoot): Help!

Littlefoot: Huh?! What?! Ducky???

Cera: Hey, you hear that?

Petrie: Oh no! Poor Ducky locked in bubbly bubble! Help! She not gonna get out by herself!

Cera: Spiiike... wake up!

Spike: *Surprised grunts*

Littlefoot: Ducky is in danger! We gotta help her!

Petrie: There, she in the big bubbly bubble in the middle, ohhhhh noooooooooooo!

Ducky: Help me! Help me to get out!

Cera: Oh no! We can't reach her... the edge/shore is too steep and she isn't close to the edge but a fair bit away!

Littlefoot: I got it! I know how we can save Ducky! Petrie! (Hmm?) You fly over to her and pierce a hole into the bubble

Cera: Good idea. Then Ducky will be free and can swim back to us.

Littlefoot: *agreeing*

Spike: *agreeing grunt*

Petrie: Ohhhh, but Petrie so scared... Bubbly Bubbles are big and they jump so high! Petrie no wanna get caught by bubbly bubble, Littlefoot

Littlefoot: Nah, you won't, Petrie. When a bubbly bubble gets close you just need to fly a little higher.

Petrie: Good, Petrie fly to the rescue. *starts flying* Wait Ducky, me coming. No go away.

Cera (annoyed): What's he talking about? Ducky can't go away!

Littlefoot: I hope Petrie succeeds...

short pause, Petrie is flying towards Ducky.

Petrie: Petrie coming, Ducky. Me pierce bubbly bubble and you can swim to edge, yes.

Petrie: *taking on the bubble* then a popping sound can be heard.

Ducky (relieved): Finally! Thank you very, very much, Petrie! That was terribly kind of you, yep, yep, yep.

Littlefoot: Petrie did it, see!

Cera : Yeah! Ducky's freed. Swim to us, Ducky!

Ducky: *panting*

Littlefoot (relieved): Oh, I'm so happy that you're fine.

Cera: Yeah, we were so worried about you Ducky, we thought... ... *where's Petrie by the way?

Petrie: Petrie here! Me smash bad bubbly bubbles, then they can never catch my good friend Ducky again! *pops more bubble* You, and you, and you me pierce as well.  Whoo, and this one, woop, yeeaah, whooooohooohooohh!

All: *laughter*

Cera (amused): Stop it Petrie, there keep coming new bubbly bubbles.

Petrie: Really? Oh right. There already new one where me pierced one. Phew! Petrie not care about stupid bubbly bubbles anymore.

Gang: *chuckles*

Littlefoot: *giggles* Finally... Come on, let's move on!

Ducky: Yes, yes, yes! The real big adventure is still ahead of us, it is!

Spike: *Eating*

Cera (ordering): Spike! Stop eating those tiny treestars! We wanna move on!

Spike: *complains*

Narrator: The five friends continued to climp up the mountain and chatted about the warnings of their parents and grandparents...

Petrie: My mommy always say me should fly high because there might be danger on the ground, but Petrie don't wanna do that. Petrie is scared. Besides, me no think there danger on the ground. My mommy waaaaaaaay too anxious...

Cera: Yeah.. all grown-ups seem to be anxious... but I have planned to become the bravest threehorn in the Great Valley.

Littlefoot: Well, you're already fairly brave if you ask me, Cera... Your dad doesn't set as many rules as my grandparents do though. They act as if I had just hatched! Pah! Yet I'm almost grown-up already!

Ducky: I am not, no, no, no! If I was grown-up already, I certainly would have been able to get out of that stupid bubbly bubble myself, I would have, yes, yes, yes!

Littlefoot (annoyed): Ewwww... Spike! What are you munching on again!?

Spike: *eats noisily and grunts*

Cera: Your appetite is truly impressive...

Littlefoot: So... when we reach the next bend in the path, we need to be careful because the dangerous canyons are there.

Petrie (scared): Ohhh, dangerous canyons??? Petrie no wanna fall into big chasms...

[/color]

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Wow! This is going to be great! Sorry I haven't been on since my birthday, really busy lately. Who is going to animate??

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I could only provide rough sketches but no actual animation. I'm drawing whenever I have a chance, time and the right mood but I'm far from drawing without a reference :bang Well, maybe I'll get the hang of it one day...
Anyway, I can't blame anybody for not replying earlier since I haven't started translating the second part of the audio play yet :angel
We'd also need voice acting and we might modify the dialogue slightly...

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No rush! And I can so play a role (voice)  for it! I'm thinking then we start asking some animators on TGOF to help? :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Phew! Sorry I've been gone so long, I had some weddings and other craziness to get through, but I should be back now :p
The script looks great so far! Seems to me like the next step is to start storyboarding it. We could just have one person do the storyboarding, or we could just give all the animators certain parts of the script and let them go through the process in whatever way they see fit. It really all depends on how you guys want to proceed :yes
Also, I will finish up that informational post for anyone else who's interested in animating but doesn't know a lot about it, really :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was already wondering if there's any interest in doing this at all :p

With storyboarding, you mean what exactly?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah, we need more people to help. All I can do really is the recording for voices and give ideas. I'm not an animator.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I am definitely interested :)

Storyboards are basically key drawings that help the artists decide how to separate and set up scenes and camera shots.

Here is a better explanation:
http://goanimate.com/video-maker-tips/what...o-you-need-one/

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, we should definitely do some storyboarding. Though I don't know when I will have enough time to work on them...