The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 374 · 42931

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, I was planning this subarc where Lily, Axel and maybe Kojurro go to her house in an attempt to learn more about her, but all this stuff has happened and I don't think it'd make much sense at this point. That's where Denny's background comes from.

They were gonna find this torture dungeon in the basement, where it appeared he did things to Lily and the two daughters. So Lily tries to take her children away, but they're scared of her because of her appearance and refuse to leave Denny. It would have been good stuff.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Bushwacked proposed this in a PM to me. I'd like all of y'alls opinion on it:

Hey Serris, I just had an idea that could give the Purifiers a clearer goal in the RP - what if they were developing some kind of pulse, that if sent out could permanently fry all augmentation machinery and disable it? It's not a perfect idea, but it might give the group a main goal to work towards preventing, when they discover the Purifier's plans.

Speaking of which, what about Rocky's character? Do we kill him off or someone controls him or does he fade into the background?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
It was just an idea, I won't be offended if you guys think it's terrible  :p

And I vote death!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The guy didn't even leave his house. I say write him off as a world-building event and never mention him again, like that random doctor whose car got bombed by Marcus at the beginning.

And the pulse idea would help the heroes have something to shoot for. No arguments here.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i like the pulse idea. lets do it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll have the Purifiers kill him off.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Could people please keep posting? Nothing but me and bushwacked for over 48 hours.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Your math is off; I posted 31 hours ago with two posts within quick succession. I really can't do anything until Serris posts, but I know he's back in school, so he might be busy. A good way to avoid static situations is to come up with a way to have players respond to more than just one thing if the RP has become a bit stagnant. Like you could have Emelina inquire as to who else would be going, since I'm pretty sure she'd notice Soren isn't in the room, and that Tony had to step out. That way at least, I'd have something else to respond to instead of just waiting on Serris's response.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
My mistake. I should have listed you in the previous post; you're on vacation and you've still been awesome.

Emi's been quiet because she knows that she's in thin ice and wants time to gague the other's responses to what she's already said. She risks turning the others off if she pushes the issue. And Lily's asleep. But yeah, I didn't want to call him out but I'm waiting on Serris too.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I was wondering. But it's all right. Thanks for the compliment. Despite my 7 years' experience RPing, I still think I'm just mediocre. :p Anyway, I'm back from my trip, actually, though I HAVE been busy preparing for my upcoming tours, as I received my schedule from one of my tour operators today. I'm not insanely busy yet though... won't really be until I get the itineraries.

Well if Serris is really busy, I guess I can just have the don call Tony back into the room or something... though admittedly, I'm not sure yet on his motivations fully, and without being too spoiler-y yet, am not sure if he'd directly ask Tony to go or not.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hate to bring this up, but there's some logistical issues here. There's NO way Kojuuro could simply bug the party, Starfall. He was scanned just like everyone else, and any equipment he had, including bugs, would've been confiscated. I mean the don wouldn't be in his position if he allowed bugs in his house, after all. :p Also, if Kojuuro's leaving, he's doing so without his weapons, because those were taken too and placed in a location he's not currently aware of so... yeah. Logistical problems.

If you're worried about getting frozen out, I wouldn't, because we're still discussing amongst ourselves what's actually going to happen in regards the next steps.

Also, I might utilize this later on, but would Tony have Marcus's contact info, Bushwacked? I was thinking once the pulse hits, it would be a gambit Tony could play to try and help the group out.

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Yeah, since he was a member of the Purifiers it would make sense if he knew a way to contact him :yes

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great. :) This opens up possibilities for later on then. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In addition, Anne's horn is sensitive enough to pick up bugs and actually eavesdropnon them (at least before it was broken).

She's definitely know if someone in the party was bugged.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah so there's that too. :p On top of that, he couldn't leave the safe room (or enter it for that matter) without being seen. The elevator has nothing to hide behind, and you didn't exactly explain how he got down there. It can really only be accessed by scanning the data of two separate Stracci family members. I think I just want to make sure you aren't jumping the gun, Starfall, cause we might not even be heading to Pelvanida, depending on how things go and what I've been working out with LB&T. :p

Also, I was thinking of making a Purifier character, and already have a rough concept down. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I had Anne pick up a signal from Kojuuro's bugs via her horn but because of the damage, she can't eavesdrop or pinpoint it.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Works for me, though one thing, Serris. They're just kind of all standing in a hall in the basement of the house, Don Stracci's not in his office, if you want to change that. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anne and Soren are still upstairs. Maybe one of his guards or something could meet Anne?

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's fine, yeah.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, it looks as if Emi, Adrian, and Kojuuro are gonna end up in a fairly bad spot.