The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali

NewOrder · 136 · 22710

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The natural impluse there is incredulous. His relationship with Ali has tofore been built on his 'tales' She's stil his friend true, but they're basically at square one.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
o continue this Rhette's character really isn't built upon much. Where are his parents? how big was his herd? How did his herd meet up with Ali's and how long have the heres bnbeeen traveling togetgher? All questions that weren't answered..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While I am not particularly fond of continuing much about Rhett, I think that answering these questions would provide material to include in a story featuring him. The lack of this information in the episode doesn't really seem like an argument against the continuation of this story. What I consider more important than the answering of these questions though is to give a bit more information on Rhett's character.
I don't think that being so self conscious as to back up himself with fibs (something we have seen in case of Mr. Thicknose already) is all that could be said about him. It would be interesting to know if he is always acting the way he does in the presence of Littlefoot and the others and if Ali is really a 100% convinced of his tales.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It seem like Ali did believe Rhett totally.  Ali may not have met anyone who intentially lied to her before, I wonder if she'll remember this lesson, or forget it as happens often in juvenile fiction, and some other things where the characters keep forgetting the lessons they learn.

He may have thought Ali may not like him if he was just a normal kid.  It's not mentioned if he had either parent in the herd, or even where Ali's mother was, as I recall.  Some things about Rhett may be never said.  Some of the recurring characters have actually very little information known about them, and some of the main characters, since they are not the focus character that Littlefoot is.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ali was my favorite character since I was little and when I saw the episode with her returning I was very disappointed. The only thing thats good of this episode is that Ali actually accepted Chomper. Even though how she started out in the 4th movie all racist and then she became friends with different species but WITH A SHARPTOOTH? is kinda surpising . She accepted Chomper quickier then Cera and the others did. Besides Littlefoot who accept Chomper in the very beginning. The only problem with this episode is shes SO GOLIBLE. :anger

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe her next appearance will be a better one.

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
There's always the possibility of Rhett's herd breaking up with Ali's herd because of, say, lack of food for one large pack. If something like this were the case, Ali would either make a new friend in her herd (for better or for worse) or expand her relationship with Littlefoot.

Either way, they shouldn't include Rhett in any later episodes solely because he was an annoying little brat. Not arrogant in the same way as Shorty or Cera; he was stupid and almost got Chomper killed.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I say they should make episodes for Ali so she can gain a better relationship with the gang.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would be nice indeed if they were to do that.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Universal hasn't said anything about the Land Before time TV series being canceled so it might go on. I think after the release of all the TV series DVDs

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
On another note, why do you think Ali is so... dumb? I would like to call her naive, but there is a difference between believing a possible false claim, and believing a totally impossible claim, such as a young sauropod building a mountain of rocks with his tail.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Apr 5 2009 on  02:25 AM
On another note, why do you think Ali is so... dumb? I would like to call her naive, but there is a difference between believing a possible false claim, and believing a totally impossible claim, such as a young sauropod building a mountain of rocks with his tail.
your not lying at all she was or is be "simple" minded.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
While the Ali in the tv series was pretty dumb the Ali from LBT4 wasn't stupid at all.  It is true that there were times where she didn't really think things through, but she wasn't dumb.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To bad they did the personality change.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Would you guys believe me if I told you that, despite being one of the top side characters of LBT, some so called fans STILL don't know who Ali is? :o

Shocker! :blink:

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Apr 13 2009 on  03:59 PM
Would you guys believe me if I told you that, despite being one of the top side characters of LBT, some so called fans STILL don't know who Ali is? :o

Shocker! :blink:
That's just sad.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is really said.. consider that after chomper, she's the most talked about side character..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I don't think Ali was portrayed so much as 'dumb' in the series. More extremely naive. Which could be called for, depending on how you interpret her behavior in the fourth movie. I don't know. I've never been much of an Ali fan.

As for believing the impossible being something more than naive, I was under the impression that naivete was in part denoted by the belief of seemingly impossible claims. Of course that would also have to be coupled with a lack of knowledge. Perhaps within her limited worldview, Rhett's claims don't seem so impossible.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't know the context, but perhaps it has something to do with the spelling of her name as well. I recall when I first heard her name I thought she would be spelled Elly or the like. Ali was an oriental male name to me. So if someone writes about Ali in the web and others ask who Ali is, it may not in every case be unawareness of the character but rather unfamiliarity with the spelling. Then again I also think that a newer generation of fans (motivated mainly by the TV series) may not be as familiar with the early sequels (and even the original) and instead base their understanding of LBT on the later sequels and the series only (which would also explain their unawareness of Ali).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It also depends on what movies are shown.   If they only show the latter ones they may have no idea who Ali is, the bullies, ect.