The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 111862

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I gotta say, I ended up liking this one more than I expected. 13 was a massive disappointment, unfortunately, so expectations were fairly low to be fair. But I ended up liking it. I feel some of the third act conflicts felt a bit contrived (really, Cera should trust Littlefoot by now, and Littlefoot should know better than to break up the gang over some minor disagreement) but I really liked Etta and the new feathered Sharp Teeth were awesome.

It was a bit jarring to have all the voice actors replaced though.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I gotta say, I ended up liking this one more than I expected. 13 was a massive disappointment, unfortunately, so expectations were fairly low to be fair. But I ended up liking it. I feel some of the third act conflicts felt a bit contrived (really, Cera should trust Littlefoot by now, and Littlefoot should know better than to break up the gang over some minor disagreement) but I really liked Etta and the new feathered Sharp Teeth were awesome.

Yeah Littlefoot breaking up the Gang was out of character. It coukd have been more smooth if he said something like, “I won’t lose my Father like I lost my mother!” That one line would have made it clear Littlefoot breaking up the gang is enotional, he has tunnel vision to save his only living parent.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Yeah Littlefoot breaking up the Gang was out of character. It coukd have been more smooth if he said something like, “I won’t lose my Father like I lost my mother!” That one line would have made it clear Littlefoot breaking up the gang is enotional, he has tunnel vision to save his only living parent.

Precisely! That would have made his decision to push on a lot more understandable. And you could give Cera some actually valid reason to want to turn back as well. Like, maybe there is an approach sandstorm (it happened later when they were already separated) or maybe pressing on would mean running into the Sharp Teeth again, or something else that would the conflict more genuine and less contrived and make Cera's perceptive make more sense.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Precisely! That would have made his decision to push on a lot more understandable. And you could give Cera some actually valid reason to want to turn back as well. Like, maybe there is an approach sandstorm (it happened later when they were already separated) or maybe pressing on would mean running into the Sharp Teeth again, or something else that would the conflict more genuine and less contrived and make Cera's perceptive make more sense.

What could have worked is Cera hears her Dad, Topsy, who with Grandpa, Chomper, and Ruby are engaging the Featherheaded Sharpteeth. Cera wants to help her dad, while Littefoot wants to press on to help his dad. That would make Littlefoot and Cera equals in motivation.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

What could have worked is Cera hears her Dad, Topsy, who with Grandpa, Chomper, and Ruby are engaging the Featherheaded Sharpteeth. Cera wants to help her dad, while Littefoot wants to press on to help his dad. That would make Littlefoot and Cera equals in motivation.

Precisely. Something like that would have made all the difference. Really, sometimes I wish I could write a Land Before Time sequel! I feel like I'd do a pretty good job!

WinterFan

• I require darkness and sub-zero tempteratures
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Honestly, I think this movie is a lot better than what a lot of people online give it credit for, imo! I think the animation was better than 13 even though it wasn't as good as the older ones, and I liked the story and bringing back Littlefoot's dad. I was only disappointed that the voice characters had changed, and that the gang broke up again like before. But overall I remember really liking it!

PLUS- feathered rexies!!  :bestsharptooth

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Honestly, I think this movie is a lot better than what a lot of people online give it credit for, imo! I think the animation was better than 13 even though it wasn't as good as the older ones, and I liked the story and bringing back Littlefoot's dad. I was only disappointed that the voice characters had changed, and that the gang broke up again like before. But overall I remember really liking it!

PLUS- feathered rexies!!  :bestsharptooth

The Feathered Sharpteeth and their land was really cool. I thought that was one of best parts of the film.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I agree! Loved how they established it as their land, setting this up as this dangerous trip.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I agree! Loved how they established it as their land, setting this up as this dangerous trip.

I reminded me of Jason and Argonaughts; like a maze with a Minotaur, in this case dinosaurs. :) 

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

YES! A quote like that would've given a lot more sense and logic to Littlefoot's motivations.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Well, I agree, if Littlefoot spoke that line, it would make scene more emotional and understandable.
But wasn't it obvious already that his reason to break up with gang is to find and save his father as quickly as he can, despite dangerous path? What else reason he could have?

When I first saw that scene, I kinda felt vibes of first movie, actually, but this time, Littlefoot and Cera changed places. Yes, that's absolutely different case this time, but we again have two different paths, and again Littlefoot and Cera choose different ways.This time, unlike previous case, there's huge possibility that both paths will end up in the same destination, but one path is very dangerous, other one is more safe.

This time, Littlefoot refused to listen voice of reason, Cera had a point after all. Maybe, this scene was even better, if after Littlefoot spoke that line, Cera would counter with "You won't help your father if you die on the way", or something like that. I believe they both would stay with their characters in this case.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 06:14:06 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Great analysis @Sneak. I enjoyed reading it. I agree with your points.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
While I was watching I did get the idea that Littlefoot's mind was muddled by the panic about his dad, especially when he said that they were all slowing him down and that if they didn't all stop, he would be with his dad by now (or he'd still be trying to find the moving water, who knows :lol). But I think a few more lines about Littlefoot not wanting to lose his dad (and maybe mentioning his mother :p) would have helped.

Maybe, this scene was even better, if after Littlefoot spoke that line, Cera would counter with "You won't help your father if you die on the way", or something like that.

They did kind of do this when they got to the land of the featherhead sharpteeth and Littlefoot mentioned that if they delay or go around they might be too late to help Bron, to which Cera replied, "If we get eaten, we won't help him either." That line might have been better off for the breakup scene.

I agree that Cera was the voice of reason in this film. The gang had probably taken just as long trying to make their way through the featherhead sharpteeth land, getting lost finding the river, getting lost/stuck after the sandstorm, etc. as they would have done if they had gone Cera's way through the Long Valley, if not longer. Cera appeared to know the way, it seemed to be less known for predator activity, and... I guess it would have made for a less exciting film? :rhett_smile

Would have been funny if the gang got to the fire mountain only to find the adults already there because they went through the Long Valley.  :cerasmug There they could have joined up to rescue Bron, when the Carnotaurus shows up. Grandpa and Mr. Threehorn go and hold it off while the kids save Bron. I'll leave my wishful thinking there. :PLoofah

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Thanks to this film I can no longer hear the word hot without my brain going "...and stinky."

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I haven’t watched this since just after it was released, but from what I remember, I really liked this one. It stands with 3, 5, and 9 as my favorite. I felt it showed the creators had learned a lot from the mistakes of past sequels. The writing, pace and plot were all incredibly solid, the songs (aside from the second one, which I agree with most people was terrible) were all good, and the new Wild Arms character was really enjoyable.

I hope this isn’t the last film of the franchise, since after watching it, it feels, for the first time in a while, like there’s the potential for more good LBT stories. But if it is, I’m at least glad the franchise went out on a good note, especially compared to the previous film. I never watched LBT 13, but it’s no secret how bad it is, although I chalk that up to it being created at the same time as the TV series.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Thanks to this film I can no longer hear the word hot without my brain going "...and stinky."

Then it has done its work. Muwahahahaha!  :whatdidyousay

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
How has it already been almost 7 years since this film came out?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 04:13:37 PM by LittleDas75 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How has it already been almost 7 years since this film came out?

Yep, it really puts things into perspective.  I still remember when the news broke about the 14th film and it was reported on the forum. We're getting old.  :p
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 11:58:11 AM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile