The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Yellowbellies rule! The RP

Goldenwind · 101 · 12307

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, on the other side of the valley, a female Rainbow Face had her eyes on Chomper, peering through the trees at the young sharptooth. This, she thought, was certainly an interesting finding. She had never seen a carnivorous dinosaur so mild-mannered. It appeared he had an unusual diet for his species as well, since she had seen him eat bugs moments ago. Were all young carnivores of this planet so amiable? Perhaps they had to grow into a more aggressive mindset. Or maybe she was looking at an undiscovered species, a more friendly type of carnivore. She tilted her head in thought as she tried to settle on a working theory.

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"Yellowbellies, you say?…" The Rainbow Face scratches under his beak curiously. Like he knows something the others don't. "I know them quite well. Such a fascinating spe- group." He said. Gotta work on my vocabulary here. He thought.

"You know the yellowbellies?" This caught Hyp's attention. He still thinks he is a loon, but he wants to hear him out.

Meanwhile Chomper was thinking about what Cera and Hyp said earlier… Maybe he should have taken what they said more seriously. He then spots something in the trees… "...Hidden Runner?" Chomper called out, although a bit worried.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Screech was to Thud like two twin blades in Redcroc’s neck, their sapphire and wmerald hues sparkling beneath the bright circle. Redcroc fell back, timbling down a hillside as the Fast Biter duo dug into his scared body. Redcroc roared as he tolled to get the Thud and Screech off. He slanmed Screech with his bidy weight, and tossed Thud with his claw. Redcroc now covered in a new set of scars and berry dye rolled to his feet and howled. He saw the suo recoverying and ready to resume their attack, so he fled doen the gorge and made his escape.

Redbelly had passed out of consciousness. Oopah cane running and tried to wake him. His bidy was like stone rock, cold and smokth. “no, no, Redbelly! Wake up!” Shouted Oopah. Foofah and Loopah joined her side their faces somber. Screech returned to Redbelly and saw him in his unconcious state. Oopah began to scream, “there has to be something we can do! Boogie! Something! Something!” Oopah began to wail, and Screech though he knew not these strange yellowbellies, came over to offer comfort. Was Redbelly done for?

@Goldenwind 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Coward!! You are the true disgrace!!" Thud roared out to Redcroc as he fled. He tumbled a little, slightly hurt from the battle, but he get's up again, he can brush this off. But Redclaw… He heard Oopah wailing. "Darn it…"

Boogie leaps to Redbelly's aid, he looks frantic. He points to one side of the herd! "Y'all Gather Red,blue, and purple berries from those bushes!" He points to another side "Y'all get big leaves! This is a wake up call emergency!!" He shouts before checking Redbelly's pulse. "His beat is still beating, but weak! We have to be quick!" He shouts!

Thud sweats nervously, he doesn't know what they are doing, but if it is to save Redclaw, he is gonna help! "You go help the group that is heading down there and I'll go with the ones getting berries!" He exclaimed to Screech before darting!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Rainbow Face sighed, stepping out of the shadows. "Hidden, yes," she admitted, "though not a runner." She preferred when the subjects of her observation were unaware of her being there, as their knowledge of her presence could affect things, but she'd already been spotted now. "I'd assume you're a newcomer to this valley yourself?" she inquired. "I don't recall seeing you on my last visit."

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Chomper was amazed. She doesn't seem to be concerned about him being a sharptooth. He couldn't help but feel complimented. "Oh, I just came in here about one cold time ago… It's because my parents were concerned for my safety, with RedClaw roaming about and all..." Chomper said, although a bit reluctant to say the last part. Though he believed she would be curious why a Sharptooth would seek refuge with leafeaters.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Screech fled in sesrch of the berries Boogie had described and helped Oopah gather them. They brought the beefies on leaves to Boogie and then stood there watching Redbelly. Screech had left Redclaw’s service to prusue his own path. He never suspected Redclaw would reform his ways. Now the one he had sought to leave was standing on the edge of a leaf, and Screech felt sorrow for his former sharplord.
Oopah joined Foofah and Loopah who stood like sentinels by Redbelly’s side, they sung a song in Redbelly’s ear, hoping it would sooth him. Everything now depended on Boogie. Redbelly was in the hands of berry physician.

@Goldenwind

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Boogie mushed the berries into a jelly and gently smothered them over Redbelly's wounds...He sung along with the other Yellowbellies as a means to keep himself focused. He placed some leaves on top of Redclaw's wounds like bandages with the jelly acting as both a styptic and a disinfectant. Thud provided some assistance with the bandaging with Boogie showing no objection to it. "Come on big guy, stay strong…" Boogie said softly to Redbelly as he finished the patching.

Thud watched eagerly. "You can do this…" He muttered to RedClaw. Hoping for him to recover.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Screech joined Thud’s side as the vigil drew on. Nightfall came and the moonlight illuminated Redbelly as ge lay there lifeless. Screech laid beside him and said, “You can’t give up now.. you've been through to much.” Oopah, Foofah and Loopah brough some water in a coconut shaped bowl. It had berries mixed in it. Oopah opened Redbelly’s mouth and tried to put some on his tongue. A faint breath blew her feathers on her head. She began to chant, “Redbelly, Redbelly, be healed by jelly!” Night past and a new day broke with the Bright Circle.  Everyone had drifted off to sleep, and upon waking Oopah saw Redbelly was gone! Oopah, “Where is he?! He’s gone.” Screech awoke and shrieked. Soon a search party started only for Redbelly to be found feasting on some berries near the bonefire. Oopah, “Redbelly! You’re ok!” She ran and snuggled his snout. Screech hesitantly approached step by step.
Redbelly saw Screech and Thud, he rose and gave out a roar. Screech froze still and then Redbelly came and nuzzled Screech with his Grey head. He then did the same to Thud. “Thank you both for saving me!”

@Goldenwind

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck heard a bit of a ruckus off in the distance. It was probably Mr. Threehorn related, but it didn't hurt to check.

"Mr. Threehorn", Grandpa Longneck said, "is everything okay?"

Mr. Threehorn replied, "No, one of the Rainbow Faces came back to the Valley."

Grandpa Longneck took a close look at the Rainbow Face, and said, "you were with the far-walkers that came here a while ago, right?"
Go Chomper!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I don't suppose you're a friend of Littlefoot's, are you?" the female Rainbow Face inquired. The young longneck she'd previously met had always seemed to have a diverse gang of friends in tow. "Might I ask as well how you came to coexist with...certain others in this valley?" she added, thinking of that cranky threehorn she'd encountered before, who had seemed to object to anything and everything within his reach.

"Skip the small talk..." Cera sighed, interrupting Grandpa Longneck's question. "He said he knows something about those yellowbellies!" She marched towards the Rainbow Face. "Are you telling the truth? We already had this whole phony magic stone story from you before, how do we know we can believe you now?"

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"Redbelly!!" Boogie cried happily! Bouncing in joy!

Thud didn't flinch at Red Claw's roar and tried to keep his cool. "It's nothing…" Suddenly his eyes began to water. "No one should ever get left behind…" Thud responds to the nuzzle with an out of nowhere hug on the snout with Oopah. Something in the sharptooth broke free as he allowed the tears to flow… Thud was showing a side he has kept hidden throughout his time as a hunter…

Boogie joined in with the hug as well. Happy to see his best friend better again!

The Rainbow Face bowed. "Why yes." He then responded to Cera. "The difference is that it was more of a legend, a myth. However I have "first-ha-paw-claw experience?" When it comes to your Yellowbelly predicament."

"Oh really? What do you think of this Gramps?" Hyp asked Grandpa Longneck, curious what Littlefoot's wise Grandpa has to say about the strange visitor.

Chomper was amazed when she brought up Littlefoot. "You know Littlefoot?" He then thought for a moment before speaking. "Well me and a friend, Ruby the fast runner, journeyed our way here to the valley to get help on figuring out how to stop Red Claw… We weren't welcomed at first… But my friends stood up for us, including Littlefoot... So they agreed to let me and Ruby stay with some rules in place." Chomper explained.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck thought that the Rainbow Faces weren't that harmful on their last visit here.

"Let's hear what the Rainbow Face has to say about the, um, the..."

"Yellowbellies", Mr. Threehorn replied, "they're big, with large yellow bellies, and they're not exactly *ahem* the brightest."  :PCera

"Okay", Grandpa Longneck said, "let's hear what he has to say about the Yellowbelies."
Go Chomper!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"What Threehorn said was anyone who first encountered a Yellowbelly would think. However the Yellowbellies are much more complex. How they work together with everybody always in agreement. They have such unrivable positivity that can rub off on anyone who has encountered them… Including me." He laughs a bit.
Hyp looks unamused, but then again he did see the Yellowbellies tickle Redclaw.
"Actually if we await for… The next time the bright circle arises, I am certain you all will see what I mean." The Rainbow Face smiles (Trying to keep the timeline of both stories together. XD).
"What!?" Hyp is shocked. Won't the yellowbellies be here by then? Does he want them to meet those crazed Sharptooth ticklers?

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
"Well, I think this whole thing is total nonsense!" Mr. Threehorn grumbled, "Especially since this Rainbow Face showed up! These creatures probably don't even exist!" Mr. Threehorn stomped off. "If these Yellowbelies come in the Valley, let me know first!" Mr. Threehorn said sarcastically.

"Sorry about that", Grandpa Longneck said to the Rainbow Face. "He can get kind of worked up over nothing, but you'll get used to it."
Go Chomper!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Redbelly was elated that his two families were in warm embrace. At last a calm after a storm. Redbelly nudged Boogie as a sign. It was time for Screech and Thud tp offically be intiated in the Yellowbelly Grove. :)

——————

Redcroc stumbled alone in the desert, nearing the smoking mountains. His body baked by the sun, and his left eye now swollen shut and scared. He crossed to the fire mountain range, and made his way to the Tooth Throne Roon. There he foynd Carnie and five tyrannosaurs standing in place. Redcroc fell on his knees before the Blood Red and Black Carnotaur. Carnie roared and his two horns smoked. “Word of your failure has spread amongst the tribes. You have brought shame to all Sharpteeth!” Redcroc prostrated hinself on the ashen floor, his head buried in volcanic rock. Carnie, “You have done worse than Redclaw.. beaten by Yellowbellies! Yellowbellies! Those stupid berry birds!” Redcroc reared his head, “My lord! They were not alone! Screech and Thud were who bested me!” Carnie growled, “enough excuses! You were to secure the Great Pass and instead you bungled it you Baryonyx bone head! For that you must be excommunicated.” Redcroc snarled, “This is unfair! I was bested by two Fast Biters, not those kids and fruit!” Carnie, “Enough! Silence!” Redcroc roared, “I am not taking your sentence! Everyone has been outwitted by those kids and I fell to the two greatest fast biters! I will not accept shame for being defeated by fellow sharpteeth!” Carnie, “insolence! You shall be outcasted until you regain your honor!” Redcroc snarled, “I never lost my honor! To the burning fire you all can go! I’ve had enough!” Redcroc left the throne room, the light causes by the lava making him appear like fire itself. Redcroc as he stood on ashen mountainside looked with his one good eye and he vowed aloud, “I will destroy those fast biters, they took my eye, I will strip them bone by bone until there is nothing left!”
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:17:43 AM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Boogie nodded to Redbelly. "It's time for the welcoming ceremony!" Boogie cried out happily.
All the yellowbellies cheered.
Thud had no idea what they mean't but was suprised as soon after Boogie offered jelly made from the leftover berries that were collected. Thud was at first reluctant considering how greens normally tasted to sharpteeth… But then he recalled how delicous the berries were… He took a little sip… And guzzled it right down! It was so good that not even the legendary fast biters could exist! Once they were done, the Yellowbelly all around the two fast biters glomped them! Dressing both Screech and Thud in expertly made leaf thats that resemble Yellowbelly hair feathers and leaves overing their tails to resemble yellowbelly tail feathers. Thud... didn't really mind how the leaves looked, he felt like they complimented his green appearance. Screech however... Thud tried to hold in his laughter.
"Hmm…What should your new names be?" Boogie thought.
"Names? What are you-" Thud froozed… Did he just understand a leafeater?  :rhett_ohno WHAT WAS IN THAT JELLY!?!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:26:36 PM by Goldenwind »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Screech susdenly had his mouth filled with beery jelly and leave laurels put on hus head and fixed to his tail. His eyes grew big as he now understood the leaf eater dialect! Suddenly the yellowbellies began to dance and chant “Groovy! Groovy! Groovy!” Screech felt his claw taken by Oopah who had him join the circle of yellowbellies. Suddenly the Sapphire Fast Biter felt his sickle claw feet begin to lock in step with the dance, and then he let himself go to the groove. Redbelly laughed as he rocked back and forth. To see his old friends and new ones together in this jelly jubilee made his scared eye shed a tear. At last they were all family.

—————————

Redcroc found himself stumbling among a dino graveyard. Massive skeletons of brontosaurs, bridges made of rib cages. Below bubbling oil tar pits of black ooze broke the eery silence. Redcroc slipped and fell down a hill and crashed into pit. There covered in black tar and his head now stuck in a Tyrannosaur skull. As he tried to pry the skull off, he heard a rustling. Redcroc turned and saw shapes in the fog, living fossils of fast biters and one Suchimimus whose sail was made of spiked bone. Redcroc backed against the wall, as he was surrounded.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Guido suddenly interrupted the conversation between Chomper and the Rainbow Face by blowing in on a strong breeze, accidentally smacking right into the little sharptooth's face. "Whoa, whoa! Sorry..." he quickly apologized.

-----------

Part of Cera thought her father was right and this whole thing was just baloney. But somewhere in the back of her mind, she felt unsettled, unsure. She wasn't sure she wanted to wait until the next day to find out where this was going to go...

"Um...what do you mean?" the threehorn hesitantly asked the Rainbow Face. "You have to tell us--what's gonna happen?"

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thud see's Screech dancing with Oopah amd couldn't help but get into the beat himself. He smiled as he tapped his sickle claw. For once he felt joy, an emotion that was almost alien to him. He felt overwhelmed by it as he starts to Dance! He even twirled around some other yellowbellies feeling the beat. Boogie laughed alongside the two newcomers. Thud couldn't help but laugh as well, for once he was enjoying himself and the new family he has. "How does Greenbelly sound my friend?" Boogie asked Thud.
"Sounds like a fine name to me." Thud smirks. "I suppose that'll make you Bluebelly. He said to Screech with a chuckle.  :lol

Chomper is caught offguard by Guido, but laughs it off. He lifts Guido off his face gently. "It's alright Guido. I was just talking with a new friend!"  :chompysmile He smiled.

"That would be telling won't it? Oh wait, you did say tell..." The rainbow face rubs the bottom of his beak.

"Give me a break, the whole valley could be riding on this!"  Hyp is ready to give the Rainbow face a piece of his mind.  :OzzyAngry

"You'll be surprised… That's all I'll say." The Rainbow Face makes a zipper motion on his mouth that is lost on Hyp.