The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Award Winners 2020

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With the conclusion of the appreciated member voting, the 2020 Forum Awards have officially come to an end. We would like to thank all of you who have participated in the awards and who have made the forum a better place with your presence.  We had more people participating than last year, so many thanks for casting your votes!

The winners are now authorized to pick the award banners from the draft thread and add it to their signatures and also as a post to this topic so that the runner up in each category knows when it is their turn to pick a banner. Runner ups may take their pick after the winners (runners up will need to pick a different draft from the winner but they do not need to mark their award in any way as a runner up).

And here are our winners:

Fanart Award
Winner:  @Flathead770
Runner Up:  @RainbowFaceProtege

Feedback Award
Winner:  @rhombus
Runner Up:  @Anagnos

Friendly Member Award
Winner:  @OwlsCantRead
Runner Up:  @ImpracticalDino

LBT Discussion Award
Winner:  @Hypno
Runner Up:  @OwlsCantRead

Helpful Member Award
Winner:  @Mumbling
Runner Up:  @OwlsCantRead

Proactive Award
Winner:  @Vojeds
(no runner up)

Appreciated Member Award
Winner:  @StardustSoldier
Runner Up:  @jassy

We would like to congratulate all of our winners and runner ups, and to thank everyone for making the Gang of Five the great community that it is!  :DD

Oh, and two more things before I go!

If you joined in the year 2017, please also find the joining award in this topic.

If you have been a Patreon supporter over at least 6 months of the past year, you are also allowed to add one of the supporter banners to your signature.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the votes for the helpful award, guys! I really appreciate it  :smile

I'd like to pick the following banner for my signature:

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Congrats to all the winners and runner-ups! :Mo

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Quite the interesting turnout this year, but it was pretty awesome that so many different people got at least one vote in the initial voting session. Great job everyone!
:celebrate :Mo :Mo :Mo

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Hm, I'd said last year that the votes were getting narrower as compared to the year before that, but even that didn't prepare me for this year's awards, which had many shakeups, entrants, and was overall a rather tense contest. In the wake of its conclusion, I give my congratulations to all the winners, runner-ups, and participants! A lot of close calls, and there might have been a record number of eligible members for Appreciated this year which shows the camaraderie of the GoF.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the votes! I actually didn't expect to be eligible for multiple categories, and will try to keep things up! :) I'd gladly opt for the Littlefoot banner for Friendly Member:

(will pick the runner-up banners after Hypno makes his choice!)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Now that Owls has chosen his Friendly Member banner, this is my choice:

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
All winners, please accept my sincere congratulations   :littlefoot
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Congrats to all the winners and thanks to everyone that voted for me for the fanart award! There was a lot more competition in this area this year and hopefully it will get even more active in the following years!

Now I can't be cruel and steal the rainbow face pick right out from RainbowFaceProtege, so instead I'll go for the one with the flathead in it  :rhett_brag

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Congratulations to all of the winners and runner-ups! You guys deserved your awards. :duckyhappy

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Congratulations to all of the winners!  :) I would also like to thank everyone who cast votes on my behalf.  :)littlefoot

I will go ahead and take this banner for the feedback award:

Though if you would prefer this banner, @Anagnos, I am also open to selecting a different one.  Just let me know if that is the case.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
@rhombus You're free to take that banner for yourself, Rhombus. I was always going to go for the Ducky one. Thanks for the offer, though. Once more, congrats to all the winners/runner-ups and special thank you for all the participants. Thanks to all of those who voted for me. :duckyhappy

So, yeah. I'm going to take this banner for myself:

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Thanks so much everyone. :wub :)

I shall pick this for my banner:

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Thank you so much to everyone who voted for me and congratulations to all the winners!

I’ll take this banner:

"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Congrats to all the winners and thanks to everyone that voted for me for the fanart award! There was a lot more competition in this area this year and hopefully it will get even more active in the following years!

Now I can't be cruel and steal the rainbow face pick right out from RainbowFaceProtege, so instead I'll go for the one with the flathead in it  :rhett_brag
Oh...you're too kind, for real! :^^spike

I'mveryhappyrightnowaaaaahhh-- :Mo

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I'm so sorry guys. It's been a chaotic couple of weeks here. At least this didn't take as long for me to get to as my welcome thread did (2 years...!). SO with that being said, I'd like to congratulate everyone on their awards!

Thank you to everyone who picked me to win the first ever edition of the LBT Discussion award. I can't thank you all enough. :yes
I'd like to give a shoutout to Sovereign, who has been a big help with contacting members of the LBT franchise's productions since 2017, as well as Sneak, who has not stopped the search for the uncut Land Before Time since it began. There's also Disneysaurus, who is not a member of this forum, but has contributed a large amount in the search for the uncut version of The Land Before Time for at least six years now. I couldn't have done this without the help of all those who are interested in the production and deleted scenes of The Land Before Time, so thank you. Keep searching everyone ;)

I'd like this one.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 02:07:57 PM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Thanks! I'll pick the following banners for runner-ups:

Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.