The Gang of Five
It is quite fitting that the sweltering hot days of July arrive right when the gang confront the barrens of the Mysterious Beyond in the fifth film showcase.  It is almost like us admins planned it that way or something.  :bestsharptooth

This month in the Monthly Showcase we are featuring the Land Before Time V.  Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions in that topic.  Additionally, there is a new fanfiction prompt challenge for the months of June July, please check out this topic for more information.

Do you think the movie would have worked better without the narration?

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I think I remember reading somewhere that the narration was added lade in production. I'm not exactly sure why, but I guess with all the scenes they ended up cutting, they figured the narration could work as a sort of plot-glue, keeping the scenes connected.

But even so, I don't know if it's actually needed. If it adds much. I would love to see a version of the movie with the narration removed. I like the idea of the visuals itself and the incredibly expressive characters driving the story.

What do you guys think? Do you think the movie would have worked without the narration? And if not, what about the original cut?

Sneak

• Let the lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • guide them
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Yes, I personally think movie would work without narration, but narration definitely had strong moments. Especially beginning and ending speech.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It would work without narration, but the narration was so good and soothing, I’d miss it if it was removed from a remastered version.

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I don’t mind the narration, as long as it’s not stating things that are too obvious (which it unfortunately does sometimes) . However, I think what it really needed was a different narrator.  I just don’t feel like the person they had doing it was the best choice. I say this partly because I love the one in the sequels, he was the perfect choice, imo. I kinda wish they’d redubbed the original narration for the first film with his voice.