The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT YouTube Channel

chomper94 · 156 · 13266

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
This will be a thread in which we use to discuss the YouTube videos of the official LBT channel.  Thanks to Sneak who recommended this idea.

And if don’t know where the channel is, here’s a link to the channel right here:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGTPGtMd8ydRNsTcKaDwF1w

Now feel free to laugh at the channel if you want to, because let’s face it, aren’t all of the titles for the videos generated in the present era just clickbait?

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
  • I believe in Dekker supremecy
    • View Profile
Had no idea that channel even existed until recently, and honestly if you ask me i find it's existence kind of unsettling. It's nice to be able to watch the tv episodes in HD for free, though.
If we hold on together... no, seriously. Grab my tail.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
This was one of the first videos I saw on the LBT channel and honestly...? I still don't know. I think they gave up after cutting up two clips from X and just assumed the ending would be funny. And to me it's pretty clear nobody actually watches these videos before uploading them, because of things like this:

Oh yeah that's a really funny moment guys!

HILARIOUS

They also have a habit of calling Ozzy and Strut Velociraptors for some reason. (Guys Ozzy literally calls himself a Struthiomimus in song pay attention :p )

But on the plus side, it is good to be able to watch the TV series on there seeing as it can be difficult to find the episodes anywhere else. Also it's interesting to see how many views they have on their videos, the sharpteeth compilation videos seem especially popular.  :thinking

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Honestly, I started to feel negativity towards this channel since the very first days, after they started to upload episodes of TV Series endlessly right after they successfully uploaded all 26 episodes in first 26 videos. гг
Then clips came, and I watched only couple of them before I gave up...

Wish they made more sensible and informative content.

Yeah, only good thing about this channel is ability to watch episodes from TV Series in full HD.

And I don't believe something good or unexpected will be released in near future.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 07:37:13 AM by Sneak »

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
This was one of the first videos I saw on the LBT channel and honestly...? I still don't know. I think they gave up after cutting up two clips from X and just assumed the ending would be funny. And to me it's pretty clear nobody actually watches these videos before uploading them, because of things like this:

HILARIOUS

They also have a habit of calling Ozzy and Strut Velociraptors for some reason. (Guys Ozzy literally calls himself a Struthiomimus in song pay attention :p )

But on the plus side, it is good to be able to watch the TV series on there seeing as it can be difficult to find the episodes anywhere else. Also it's interesting to see how many views they have on their videos, the sharpteeth compilation videos seem especially popular.  :thinking

Unrelated but I'm trying to remember which movie those screenshots are from...

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
10th one. Great Longneck Migration.  :bronGoodJob

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I posted this already on the other thread, but wanted to share it again here. I always got a kick out of these two clips in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fko_WNLwokM

Really? Big trees and falling leaves? Seems like they were running out of compilation ideas. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSl8Ed9sstk

Chopper?

As others have stated though, it is a nice gesture to the fans how they uploaded all the TV series episodes. More generally, I am happy there's an official LBT YT channel (even if it's rather cheaply run) to help spread awareness of the series and hopefully draw in some new fans (it's how @ImpracticalDino discovered LBT even). But beyond that, the biggest value in the channel is to poke fun at it I'd say. :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 03:57:59 PM by StardustSoldier »

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
10th one. Great Longneck Migration.  :bronGoodJob

Oh yeah, when Littlefoot is saying goodbye! A great scene. Gosh that movie had such expressive animation.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
I don't know if this is an error for anyone else, but the 'Chopper' thumbnail is horribly pixelated and distorted on my end  :rhett_ohsnap

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I don't know if this is an error for anyone else, but the 'Chopper' thumbnail is horribly pixelated and distorted on my end  :rhett_ohsnap

Yeah it's the same for me. I love the quality control here. :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
looks like my intuition was right. The channel just gave me the corporate icks as i like to call them. Nobody running it really cares about LBT and it's pretty apparent  :longneckangry

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile

Yeah it's the same for me. I love the quality control here. :p

So we are all not the only ones who saw this, shows that the channel puts little effort in thumbnails and titles.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I really want them to add the songs from the movies with footage. Pokeplayer used to be the man for that before Universal copy-striked him (and a few other people) over and over for literal years. Throw those bad boys on the YouTube channel, they'd get buco views

Edit: Oh shit, they`ve started doing it since I've last checked! No complaints here, i love it.

Y'all, you got to realize that if somebody wasn't updating the LBT YouTube, the series would just be forgotten. This might be the only way some people experience the series, and the channel's success is good for the franchise. I'm personally on board with them doing whatever they like to recycle content to get clicks, cause clicks are the lifeblood of any possible future for LBT.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 04:50:55 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Honestly I think it is a great thing that the channel exists and the numbers on there are pretty promising as well (by the looks of it, it's gaining around 1000 new subscribers daily). But I'm still gonna poke fun at the quality of some of its stuff. :p

Speaking of, is it just me or is the sound quality in the Big Freeze clips really... off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyxsKRTTZTk&t=9s

With that said, I'm happy they've started uploading some decent clips from the movies, too. I wonder if they'll upload anything from the first film eventually... mind you, I suppose other channels have clips from that covered.

CappyGaming

• Chomper
  • I love Littlefoot!
    • View Profile

HILARIOUS

I'm guessing that's the scene where Littlefoot's father leaves him?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 06:58:00 PM by CappyGaming »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@somerandomfangirl The real reason they title this stuff "Funny Moments" isn't even because they assume it's funny. It's an even dumber reason than that: They know that loads of people look up "funny videos" on YouTube, and they want theirs to come up in the results. Clickbait!!! More views!!! :rolleyes

Gotta say, I hated this channel before hating it was cool, and it's really satisfying to see other people around here finally giving it a well-deserved bashing. :p

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
@somerandomfangirl The real reason they title this stuff "Funny Moments" isn't even because they assume it's funny. It's an even dumber reason than that: They know that loads of people look up "funny videos" on YouTube, and they want theirs to come up in the results. Clickbait!!! More views!!! :rolleyes

Gotta say, I hated this channel before hating it was cool, and it's really satisfying to see other people around here finally giving it a well-deserved bashing. :p

Yeah there's a lot of clickbaity stuff in there, having had a proper look through. I don't think I can bring myself to hate the channel since it is giving LBT a decent bit of attention, but yeah it's laughable some of the stuff they put on it.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
The funniest thing on the LBT YouTube channel is the name "Big Trees and Falling Leaves" and the thumbnail of Mr. Clubtail and Cera.
The YouTube channel is actually useful for screenshots. It's great for LBT profile pics!
Go Chomper!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
See? The channel does have some value after all. :p