The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT YouTube Channel

chomper94 · 156 · 13240

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lowkey impressed at their Playlist organization, they structure it based on what sequel each video comes from, or whether it's a Tv episode. I'm fighting tooth and nail to get my company to do similarly, too bad I can't point them to the LBT channel and be like "Can we do it like this?"  :lol

NatsnCats

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Since the videos are made for YT Kids, I chalk it up to easy boredom buster for kids wanting something to watch for a few hours (the episodes) and giving them a reason to want to see the full movies after viewing some of the clips. As far as movie clips go, I think they give away a liiiiiittle too much to get kids to want to see them in full. And what will they do when they’re done with the movie clips? They’re on XIII, so probably another month or so left.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Since the videos are made for YT Kids, I chalk it up to easy boredom buster for kids wanting something to watch for a few hours (the episodes) and giving them a reason to want to see the full movies after viewing some of the clips. As far as movie clips go, I think they give away a liiiiiittle too much to get kids to want to see them in full. And what will they do when they’re done with the movie clips? They’re on XIII, so probably another month or so left.
They will most likely reupload the movie clips multiple times with different titles just like they do with all of their tv series content. They could also upload clips from the original film but that would be too scary for the kiddies. :facepalm
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 03:41:43 PM by LittleDas75 »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
They will most likely reupload the movie clips multiple times with different titles just like they do with all of their tv series content. They could also upload clips from the original film but that would be too scary for the kiddies. :facepalm

Actually, that's a good point: Why haven't they uploaded anything from the original film? They put a detailed enough description of it in every other video. Unless they're saving it until after they've uploaded the clips from JotB as a best till last thing although I kinda doubt that. I know a lot of other YT channels have the original movie covered but the actual LBT channel might as well make the ad revenue since the original attracts a wider range of people. Weird.  :thinking

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Like I said I am fairly certain it's because their worried that clips from the original film might terrify their child viewers.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Like I said I am fairly certain it's because their worried that clips from the original film might terrify their child viewers.

That’s 80s G for ya.  A term used for films that were rated G in the 80s containing material for all children, yet they throw stuff in there that somehow that is not for kids (violence, even blood) but they still get away with a G rating.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

That’s 80s G for ya.  A term used for films that were rated G in the 80s containing material for all children, yet they throw stuff in there that somehow that is not for kids (violence, even blood) but they still get away with a G rating.
Yep.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Actually, that's a good point: Why haven't they uploaded anything from the original film? They put a detailed enough description of it in every other video. Unless they're saving it until after they've uploaded the clips from JotB as a best till last thing although I kinda doubt that. I know a lot of other YT channels have the original movie covered but the actual LBT channel might as well make the ad revenue since the original attracts a wider range of people. Weird.  :thinking

Might involve ownership issues. That's usually what happens when there's a really obvious piece of something missing (Crunchyroll fans see it a lot with missing 'bonus episodes' or OVAs of various anime). Remember at first the channel had exclusively TV show stuff and only later started getting sequel content, they may still be negotiating with somebody somewhere who would technically qualify for a slice of revenue if the theatrical movie started getting clipped on the official YouTube.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
^ Ah okay, that makes sense. I guess we can only wait and see if they can upload original movie clips in the future.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay this title isn't as over dramatic as "Rock Slide of Doom!" but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOCr-oW75oY&ab_channel=TheLandBeforeTime
They also put this scene in their scariest moments video from 2 years ago when it really isn't scary at all.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 03:04:56 PM by LittleDas75 »

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
Given that they're labelling the clips for the thirteenth movie as just "The Land Before Time" and not its full title like with the other sequels, maybe the thirteenth movie is the first movie now   :PLoofah

Or maybe they're retconning it into an extended episode of the TV series, who knows.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Given that they're labelling the clips for the thirteenth movie as just "The Land Before Time" and not its full title like with the other sequels, maybe the thirteenth movie is the first movie now   :PLoofah

Hey XIII has a similar plotline to the original so why the heck not.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 09:52:48 PM by LittleDas75 »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile

Or maybe they're retconning it into an extended episode of the TV series, who knows.

Let's see... gang travels to a valley, there's a scene in which Littlefoot (almost) loses a maternal figure during an earthshake, sharpteeth fall to their doom... Yeah, checks out.

They're doing the same for Journey of the Brave, too. Hm... Gang follows landmarks to reach a destination, Littlefoot faces losing a parent, gang splits up over directions... Also checks out. :p

caspyartist

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
the youtube channel is... something. i was talking about its existence with a mate of mine a few weeks ago, how its still uploading just random clickbaity stuff  :petrienotamused its nice to watch the show though.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
the youtube channel is... something. i was talking about its existence with a mate of mine a few weeks ago, how its still uploading just random clickbaity stuff  :petrienotamused its nice to watch the show though.

Yeah, that’s the only thing good about this YouTube channel.  Just having a way to watch the TV series on YouTube without buying a DVD or pirate the series is pretty cool.

But to be honest, lately I’ve been starting to collect the TV series DVDs because it feels more natural watching the series on DVD than using the internet to watch the series.

I mean, sure there’s only 25 episodes that were released on DVD (including the one that was released as a bonus feature on the LBT XIII DVD) with one completely out of the picture and requires you to watch it on YouTube if your trying to binge-watch. 

But at least it feels natural watching on DVD, even though 1 episode never made it on DVD.  Still, pretty cool how everyone in the world pretty much has a way to watch the TV series without using a third-party site like Kiss Cartoon or something.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Also it should say volcanic eruption not "volcano eruption."

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
These titles just keep getting worse and worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKKwvL97fQU&ab_channel=TheLandBeforeTime
Do they realize that "drowns" implies that Chomper died?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:19:43 PM by LittleDas75 »

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The "Chomper Drowns" title and representing thumbnail is like some Horror story episode that exists as a lost episode. Comically, the people behind this decision know that the animation never contains anything remotely as drastic to a main character in the series actually dying a watery death.