The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My LBT Book Archive!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Hi, guys! I’m creating this thread because I’ve built up a collection of several LBT books that apparently haven’t been seen by a lot of people on this forum. I figured I should take photos of them to make an archive of sorts here!

I’m going to start with the LBT 3D Adventure comic book since it was the first one I could find. (I bought the others as a kid, so they’ve already ended up being stored away, but I’ll dig them up again when I have the chance.) The really interesting thing about this book is that it’s an original story! It was published in 1996, around the same time Journey Through the Mists was released—there’s actually an ad for that movie inside the front cover. The writers had a pretty good grasp on the Gang, because their interactions are really reminiscent of the early LBT movies. There are a couple weird inconsistencies here and there, though. (Ducky’s mom is now her aunt?)

If you’re having a had time figuring out the text or pictures on any of these pages, just let me know and I’ll explain. I did my best to use editing to make the 3D effects less obnoxious—really wish this could’ve just been a regular comic book—but I know some pictures turned out better than others. So yeah, if there’s anything you’re having trouble understanding, let me know and I can explain it. :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cover:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:22:08 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pages 2 and 3 give off a classic LBT opening vibe!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pages 12-31! Just one page left to upload!

(Sorry I made more separate posts than I needed to in the beginning; I thought the attachment limits were harsher than they actually were.)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:44:47 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Final page! There you have it, that's the whole book! :)littlefoot

By the way, I've found that zooming in makes it a lot easier to read these. However, there are still some photos where the words in the corner of the page unfortunately got pretty distorted, so let me know if I need to write down what it says.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great news--I found my three LBT TV series books! Expect me to have the images soon! :Mo (Thankfully, unlike the comic book, there won't be any weird 3D effects to interfere with me getting good pictures this time!)

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
These are great @RainbowFaceProtege!  I’m really enjoying looking at these hidden gems!

Can’t wait for the TV series ones! :D

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I had no idea the 3D comic existed, but I'm sure I've seen Avie somewhere before... Might have been on the wiki. Gotta say that 3D effect is kinda trippy (but then I suppose it would be without the glasses :lol ), but it was an enjoyable read nonetheless. I look forward to seeing the TV series books!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Thank you so much for posting this, Rainbow! :D
Finally, I will be able to read this book!

Always wondered, what is 3d comics. It turned out to be... painful for reading like this. D: How you should read it in real life? At some specific angle? Or with some special glasses?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm glad you guys enjoyed seeing this, even with the 3D effects being really frustrating. The book was originally sold with 3D glasses, but when I got it from eBay there were no glasses included, so I was stuck reading it this way, too. :bang

Anyway, which TV series book would you like to see first? I have The Lonely Dinosaur, The Spooky Nighttime Adventure, and Saro Tells a Story. The cool thing is that instead of just taking screenshots from the episodes, they've all got original illustrations!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Because I've got a soft spot for the moody git, I'll vote for Saro Tells a Story.  :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I'm glad you guys enjoyed seeing this, even with the 3D effects being really frustrating. The book was originally sold with 3D glasses, but when I got it from eBay there were no glasses included, so I was stuck reading it this way, too. :bang

Anyway, which TV series book would you like to see first? I have The Lonely Dinosaur, The Spooky Nighttime Adventure, and Saro Tells a Story. The cool thing is that instead of just taking screenshots from the episodes, they've all got original illustrations!

I think I would like seeing screenshots from “The Lonely Dinosaur” first! :D

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, it took me way too long to realize people were actually responding to this. :oops

Time to upload some stuff! Though I do have some bad news: the book that I saw on the shelf and thought was The Lonely Dinosaur was actually something else. :ChomperEww Guess I'll have to keep looking. For now, have uploads of the other two books to make up for it!

Saro Tells a Story, part 1:

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And finally, Saro Tells a Story, part 4! Gotta go now, but I'll be back later today with The Spooky Nighttime Adventure! :MoEvil

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^
Will look into it tomorrow.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------