The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Early inter-office memo from 1986

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, LBT fans.

Tonight I have found this:

It's amazing to find documents from earliest production of the movie. :O

And its contents, thought quite short, contains couple interesting things, in my opinion.

What are your thoughts?

[Thank you, LittleDas75! Your post in other thread unintentionally helped me with finding this goldmine.  :Dducky]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 06:45:06 PM by Sneak »

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good that the names Thunderfoot and Bambo got changed and became Littlefoot and Cera.

Much more memorable.

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I didn't know the Petrie's name used to be "Pteri."  :petrie

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wonder this discussion is not popular at all.  :littlefoot

Well, let me say couple thoughts then.

I didn't know the Petrie's name used to be "Pteri."  :petrie

Me neither. I think it was never ever mentioned before, if I'm correct. Ever and anywhere.

----------

Also, what else we can find out after this memo:

1) I hope BURIAL wasn't actual burial the body, but rather mourning and saying good bye to Mom.

2) I wonder, was Bambo (Cera) mourning about separating from his family, or even loss to some family member too(?), OR, Bambo was actually mourning about Thunderfoot's (Littlefoot's) Mom death together with longneck? :O If the latter , then seems that Bambo was far less b*tchy than Cera, and maybe even realized from the start that Mom saved his life.

3) Like in original, we should have seen birth of three characters at the very beginning. And at some point, birth of Spike was here too at  the start, or at least much earlier.  :spikeroll

4) Continuing previous sentence... we still never hear anything about Pteri's (Petrie's) birth!  :(petrie I wonder why... maybe it was still there, somewhere after the start of the movie, to show us he's yonger than first trio.

5) Introduction of Ducky were the last at some point. Even after the Pteri. Interesting to see how it could influence to the rest chracters. Especially Spike, since it was't her who saw his birth, convinced him to go with them, etc. Will she still be closest to him eventually?..

6) Now I would like to see more scenes between Littlefoot and Bambo duo, since their time together seems to be larger. :D It would be cool. (well, and scenes with Thunderfoot-Bambo-Spike trio too. XD)

7) Also, I wonder, did Bambo ever leave Thunderfoot after Earthquake and before burial. Or did he leave at some moment later? Or did he actually stick together with longneck from the start till the end?  :thinking

------------

Now I REEEEEEAAAAAALLLY want to see the very first ever draft script. And these mentioned storyboards. And more of these inter-office memos too!  :PAli

I wonder, is it even possible in this world to contact those who has them and offer them to buy them.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:15:21 PM by Sneak »