The Gang of Five
It is quite fitting that the sweltering hot days of July arrive right when the gang confront the barrens of the Mysterious Beyond in the fifth film showcase.  It is almost like us admins planned it that way or something.  :bestsharptooth

This month in the Monthly Showcase we are featuring the Land Before Time V.  Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions in that topic.  Additionally, there is a new fanfiction prompt challenge for the months of June July, please check out this topic for more information.

Found this old review of The Land Before Time saying it's too "sappy"

LBT Fan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Here are some highlights from this interesting little review here" https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/8775/land-before-time-anniversary-edition-the/
"The movie is well suited for an audience of 4- to 5-year-olds."
"What it doesn't have, however, is anything that makes it worthwhile for an adult to watch."
"The story is not just simple, but simplistic, and the emotional content is broadly but shallowly drawn."
"Another reason why The Land Before Time doesn't weather adult viewing well is that it's sappy. Extremely sappy. In fact, if it were any sappier, it would have to carry a warning label for diabetics."
So all the trauma and death shown throughout is suited only for babies, huh?
:rolleye

Sneak

• Let the lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • guide them
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Oh, these reviews...  :rolleye

One thing I'm pretty sure about is that original LBT was meant to be for general auditory, both children and their parents. Many of raised themes in the movie leaves a good food for grown ups, and its general atmosphere supports this.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
That site doesn't even look legit like IMDb. It looks like it had a popular phase in the 2000s but then crashed and burned yet they're in denial.

ManOfWar GT

• "YOU MET A TERRIBLE FATE. HAVEN'T YOU?"
  • Spike
  • ichy and dill lol
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
LBT1 is basically "nightmare fuel: the movie". I have no idea what this reviewer is even talking about.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Lol sappy and “nothing for adults?” Oh how ignorant. LBT touches on subjects like belonging, faith, hope, loss, and etc that are universal at all ages. I weep every time I watch it. It has a power to break down walls of “I’m fine,” and make a person confront the trauma & pain tjey have experienced.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Each to their own I guess. But I've gotta wonder if this guy watched a different movie to the rest of us. The first Land Before Time still makes me cry when I watch it. It was one of the few animated films aimed at children that had the guts to show the devastating grief after the death. Oh well, can't please everyone I suppose.  :petrie

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion