The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bonkers (1993-1994)

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I haven’t really seen a topic for this show yet, so I thought I would create one since it’s currently one of my favorite Disney shows that released in the 90’s.  It’s also one that nobody remembers, so I hope you find this show a forgotten gem.

Bonkers is an animated series that premiered as a preview on Disney Channel in February 28, 1993.  It later premiered in syndication on September 4, 1993 until February 23, 1994.  The series lasted for 1 season under 65 episodes (which are separated into 4 groups, 5 if you count compilation episodes).

Synopsis:
Bonkers D. Bobcat was one of the most famous cartoon stars of the 1990s.  Although one day, he gets fired due to low ratings, and ends up later getting a job at the police with a human partner named Lucky Piquel.  Many episodes later, he is partnered up with a new human partner Miranda Wright, after Lucky gets promoted to the FBI.

Cast of Characters (this list will only include characters important to nearly every episode; see Wikipedia for full list):

Main Characters:
Bonkers (toon bobcat, later joins police)
Lucky Piquel (partner of Bonkers)
Miranda Wright (2nd partner of Bonkers)

Recurring Characters:
Fall-Apart (toon rabbit, tends to fall apart a lot, hence his name; Bonkers’s stunt double before getting fired)
Leonard Kanifky (chief to Bonkers and Lucky; absent-minded)
Francis Q. Grating (chief to Bonkers and Miranda in separate batch of episode; dislikes Bonkers a lot)

As for other stuff involving this series, if I had to choose a favorite episode of this series, it would be “Basic Spraining” due to it being one of the darkest episodes of the series (what can I say, Don Bluth made me like dark stuff).

I hope this information gets you interested in this series, and if you already watched it prior to this topic being created, what are your thoughts on it?

(Bonkers can currently be streamed only on Disney+)