The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26224

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
One relative of mine have SSBB and she had trouble with the maze I helped her out, it was pretty tough.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
the percentage is based off of how many of those cube things you've found (when you hit them trophies or stickers come out). To tell if you've gotten them all in a level, the stage will have a crown symbol on it (on the map screen). If its not complete, the stage will only have a flag on it. So if you could tell me which level you need to complete i'll try and help.

In further honesty, I haven't pick Brawl up in yonks and I've still got a ton of things to do.
I almost never play the game by myself anymore. Only when my friends are over and want to play. The only reason i actually attempted SSE again was because my friends and i were bored and the game was still running.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I hear ya Flathead! As much as Brawl has so much more pumped into the Single player, it is a multiplayer game at its core. Hence why it tends to lose its playability quickly when you're on your own. I've taken Brawl online a couple of times but it's strictly hit and miss if I'll get a game nowadays (think it's popularity has somewhat fizzled out now). Still, having said that I've never willingly part with Brawl coz it's just such an awesome game as no two fights are ever the same.  :DD I'd still like to get a SSBB tourney going with the forum but I need to rethink the construction of it since the previous attempt was a complete flop. (TOURNIMENT FAIL!!!  :lol)

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
One thing about this Game though its a lot harder than the Melee.  I know Super Smash Bros. needed some improvements but the computer player fighting style is cheap.  I hate the shields in the Brawl series, i mean back in melee time pressing softly on the L or R button easily actives the shield, now you got to press the button all the way down for the shields to come up making it take long to pop up.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd still like to get a SSBB tourney going with the forum but I need to rethink the construction of it since the previous attempt was a complete flop.
are you talking about those Sunday matches that were being held weekly a long time ago? Because of my inconsistent activity and forgetfulness i missed all those matches.  So if theres plans for some matches i'm definitely interested. I'm pretty much done exams now, so apart from hopefully getting a job, i'll have quite a bit of spare time.

I know Super Smash Bros. needed some improvements but the computer player fighting style is cheap
Yea i know how that feels. Its like the computer is always one step ahead of you. It can be especially frustrating when your playing as a character your not that good as yet.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
are you talking about those Sunday matches that were being held weekly a long time ago?

That's what I was referring to. Clearly, it's was a little too difficult for you guys to dedicate areas in your busy lives to jump on at a given time. I understand that. Everyone has different daily timetables so it was a little naive of me to think that I could weasel the idea into people's personal lives (particularly on a weekend). Still, I am in the process of re-formulating how we can go about matching up. I'm possibly thinking getting one of the combatants to record the progress. This way the time constraint can be lengtened and the stress of getting on at a given time. From this I had the idea of creating a league table or maybe just a knock-out tourney. It all depends on numbers basically (the more the better) so voices of interest will be appreciated from this point onwards. ;)

Yea i know how that feels. Its like the computer is always one step ahead of you. It can be especially frustrating when your playing as a character your not that good as yet.

I normally don't have that many issues with the CPUs (I normally battle with 3 CPUs at level 7 or higher in a Free 4 All). The only thing that does annoy me is how that the CPUs do tend to "pick" on human players even with 2 other CPU opponents besides itself. Especially with Smash Balls and the Dragoon! They seem to actively hunt down human players all over the map just to get their Final Smash on them as if we're an easy target. I have proved otherwise on some occasions but it is irritating that they will travel and scale the entire stage just to get to you to pick you off.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Well, instead of having a fight at an appointed time every week, we could organize a real tournament and instead fight on dates that are appointed after the anterior battle.

As in, we organize a table where the combatants are.

Then, a battle is held, say, 00:00 GMT Sunday. The next battle's date isn't still marked. To prove it was made at that day, one of the fighters gives out a video of the fight. Not needed, but I think it's good proof.

Then, according to the availability of the next two fighters, the date for the next match is appointed.

Now, I don't know if this was already suggested, but anyway, I'll leave it here. Just in case, eheh.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I normally don't have that many issues with the CPUs (I normally battle with 3 CPUs at level 7 or higher in a Free 4 All). The only thing that does annoy me is how that the CPUs do tend to "pick" on human players even with 2 other CPU opponents besides itself. Especially with Smash Balls and the Dragoon! They seem to actively hunt down human players all over the map just to get their Final Smash on them as if we're an easy target. I have proved otherwise on some occasions but it is irritating that they will travel and scale the entire stage just to get to you to pick you off.
Yea. Also, they go after the person with the higher percentage. I've had it where my friend and I are playing on a team against 2 lvl 9s and im at a really high percent and get sent flying across the stage, both computers pretty much run past my friend without bothering him and start to edge guard me. I usually don't have a problem with the computer at all, just when i play as someone that im not good as.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I have Melee and Brawl. Melee was good, but I think Brawl is the best Smash Bros., because Wario (as a playable character) and Waluigi (as an assist trophy) are in it! Wario is my favorite character of all time! He looks so good, and he's strong! The first time when I heard that Wario is a playable character, I thought that he would be very slow, but he isn't! He moves really fast, and he could be as fast as Sonic with his motorcycle!

And I also love his Ultra Smash, he looks so sexy... I love it!! :D

With texture, model, music and stage hacks it'll never be boring! My favorite texture hack is definitively "Wario as Spike The Foreman". Look here: :D
http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/200...cking-crew-day/

But unfortunately I'm very bad at playing any Smash Bros. games. :(  If I play without "AUTO handicap" enabled, I'll lose against my friend every time. I only win when he starts with a damage of 50%.

Anyway, it's really much fun to play this game!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't picked up SSBB from ages but it will always have a top review from my point of view. Does anyone else play Brawl much anymore? As with many things I guess, as time presses on things go out of fashion. Might go and pick it up again just for nostalgic purposes :DD

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I always liked playing as Link for two reasons :

1. he has some of the best combos yet.

2. The LOZ games rock my world.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I still play Brawl all the time with my friends at Lycoming. We have so much fun with it. I guess once Modern Warfare 2 and games like that started coming out the Wii started getting left in the dust, which is a shame because Brawl is an amazing game.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I sometimes get Brawl out for nostalgic purposes. When I do play, I usually play as Sonic, Mario/Luigi, Pikachu, or Jigglypuff.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I own Melee and Brawl.

I like them both equally but I use only one character: Zelda (Brawl) and Sheik (Melee).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Link is a firm choice for me but funnily enough, I'd have to say that my most successful character for Brawling has to be Yoshi! I don't know why, I just play really well with Yoshi! Most of my logged wins when I play is with the funky green dino! he's my secret weapon  :lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
If I had to select my best characters the list would go like this:

1st Choice: Link, Kirby, Zelda/Shiek
2nd Choice: Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Samus
3rd Choice: Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Fox