The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26236

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 19 2007 on  04:24 PM
Sora and Sonic vs. Mario and Link! The battle royale we've all been waiting for!
That would be an awesome battle! Sora and Link duking it out, whilst two Game icons battle, oh man I wish SSB would put 'em in! :D

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
While I've never been a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts fan, it would certainly be nice to see a more diverse group of characters. However, this would be turning from the Nintendo roots of the Super Smash Bros. Games of old. However, would this be a bad thing or a good thing? I think it could be overdone, but I wouldn't object to seeing a more diverse group of fighters (i.e., Sora from Kingdom Hearts).

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's a funny little idea that popped into my head. I think it would be hilarious if Calvin & Hobbes were in it, that is, if Bill Watterson approved (which there would be as much a chance as a snowball in hell)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I guess this means the general consensus is that Super Smash Bros. Brawl should be an all-invitations-accepted free-for-all.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
In all honesty, Manny, going beyond the Nintendo borders isn't avoidable. If they want to keep the franchise going, new characters in every game will be a necessity, and Nintendo only has so many icons to scratch out of retirement before they have to expand to third-person characters.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Then I guess sooner or later, we're bound to see Master Chief, Flynn Taggart, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Diddy Kong, Darth Vader, Toad, K. Rool, Tony Hawk, Sonic, Eggman, Luke Skywalker, Dr. Wright, ..., and Spiderman in a Smash Bros. game.

Nintendo isn't exactly hurting for characters from their own games. They may have to start seriously digging in the 3rd party poll sometime in the future, but this could be years from now. It's bound to happen eventually, but that eventually may not come some time from now. Or, they may just opt to go ahead and get as many 3rd party characters as they can.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Heres a little video of my friend (Fox) and I (Falco) fighting in SSBM. All we had was a digital camera to record so the quality isn't too great. Also, you'll hear us pounding away on the buttons and joypad but to let you know, we are not button mashing.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Aug 19 2007 on  10:39 PM
Then I guess sooner or later, we're bound to see Master Chief, Flynn Taggart, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Diddy Kong, Darth Vader, Toad, K. Rool, Tony Hawk, Sonic, Eggman, Luke Skywalker, Dr. Wright, ..., and Spiderman in a Smash Bros. game.

Nintendo isn't exactly hurting for characters from their own games. They may have to start seriously digging in the 3rd party poll sometime in the future, but this could be years from now. It's bound to happen eventually, but that eventually may not come some time from now. Or, they may just opt to go ahead and get as many 3rd party characters as they can.
What's the most talked about piece on SSBB?  Who's going to be in it (or who's going to be removed)?  If I was Nintendo I'd look over my roster too and see what other game icons are out there which could conceivably work in the game.  The talk isn't really all about moves and what items they could use, its WHO you can play as.  They'd be foolish not to look at 3rd party while people are highly interested.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I'm happy to say that Diddy Kong will be in SSB:B

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile

The future of Super Smash Bros. Do not deny it....

EDIT: Ah, yes. I heard about that. Good that Diddy is getting involved in more activities.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I, however, wonder how they got the rights from Rareware... who technically owns part of the copyrights...

(aww, I lost my Ducky icon :()

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
BUMPing this topic, in a big way.

ONLINE PLAY CONFIRMED

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

I expect friend codes when the game comes out.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Manny Cav, I can confirm to you that the list you hold is a lie.

For starters, it doesn't hold Pit, Meta Knight, Kirby, Solid Snake, and a few others, all of which have been confirmed by the official website, in one way or another, to make the final cut.

Second, I know for a fact that, in an earlier issue of Nintendo Power, Nintendo promised us 50+ charcters to make the final cut, and you only hold 33.

Finally, there are a number of them, (Pidget, Goomba, etc.) that would not only be rather bad choices to have as fighters, but would also more than likely hinder the wonderful franchise known as Super Smash Bros.

Sorry Manny, but there's NO way I'm believing that one. :D

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hahaha, pokeplayer984, that was a joke image. Anyone who is gullible enough to believe it really doesn't deserve their title as an Nintendo fan. :D

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Oh, yeah!
Today's update of SSB Dojo is the best.

Online playing confirmed.  :lol:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bring it on!  Me and Kirby are ready to kick butt! :^.^: