The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hypoglycamia

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi!
I may not be able to post a lot these days. Yesterday I had a serious hypoglycamia (too low bloodsuggar) and from the look of it my head must have fallen on some hard edge when I dropped. It looks nastier than it is, and I'm likely to get out of the hospital tomorrow, but if I don't show up you'll know that it takes a bit longer. On my request I got permission to leave the hospital to visit the university so I'm able to post a few messages from here.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Recover as soon as possible then lay low for a while Malte.
that's my dvice.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
:o  :o  :o

Best of luck for a speedy recovery. :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Get well soon Malte! Musta been a nasty experience for you!?!  :(

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We all wish you a speedy recovery Malte.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot! Hopefully I may leave hospital today.
As for the whole thing being a nasty experience, it is not so much the incident itself that bothers me, but rather the trouble it takes to get out of a hospital once you are in. Even though they are not doing anything at all that I couldn't do myself at home (checking the bloodsugar etc.) they are not eager to let me go.
The incident itself must've been quite scary. Of course I wasn't awake to see it, but my jacket looks like somebody was being murdered while wearing it (blood everywhere) and the spot where it happened looks likewise.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What I've thought about as all this is happening: might this affect your trip to Scotlant, having all these issues lately with diabetes?  How would they handle the situations up there if this was to happen because as it seems, you can't predict when it will happen.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With people being around me all the time in Scotland this is not going to be a big problem. However, it might be much more difficult for me if some day I'm going to move out from home. It would put me at a high risk to live all by myself in a house or flat. In the very worst case I would end up lying unconscious in the house unable to reawake. Once this did happen to me while nobody was in the house for some hours. Another time I got to my senses enough to phone my dad so he could come and call the emergency.
In a way I am dependant on other people and as I'm sort of a loner this could prove a real problem for me some day.
As for Scotland by the way, I did get the official release from the two month under the condition that I take part in the three weeks Scotland vacation. But obligation or no obligation, I'm quite content to visit the northeastern US. I just don't know WHEN I will have the money to do so.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is true...I was thinking more on the lines of would these people know your past history and what to do with you should something unexpected happened. ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Being Diabetic will likely impact when you'll be able to live in your own. Since you can't predict when another episode of hypoglycamia will occur you have to be careful Malte. Just some advice.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: