The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Bashful One

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Introduction
Some of you have already read up on my characters from that one thread. And well, I've had at least one or two requests to see them put into story form. What better way than to do it RP style?

Admittedly, I haven't RP'ed in a few good years (not since my last ex left me for another, it was then that I thought I was through with the concept forever) I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be writing anything concerning LBT, not even the thought of making such a thing as a fan character. So this is all so very new to me. It will be through Denton that I hope to learn a bit about the valley and be educated by veterans who know the series far better than I do (especially since I've never indulged in the sequels or the tv series)

It is only wise that I start off with my main character, Denton, the bashful longneck, and his hidden life by a small secret pond that's located within the valley. Remember, he was born here, he's never seen the outer world, and he's frightened by the sight of others, regardless of his mother's attempts to urge him to be with others. In truth, he's like this because he's.. well.. different. His coloring is a bit off (if anybody recalls the illustration I supplied in my character list) and even if he did want to make friends with the other valley children, he wouldn't know how to approach them or know what to say.

Further into the story, if we can ever get it into an Adventure gear, I'd introduce my other characters and maybe even some new ones as the story unfolds.

So then, what say we begin?

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Chapter 1: By the Lonely Pond

The day was warm and briezy , Denton had awoken late in the day as the sun was already high in the air. Before him he saw the usual green vegetation that he was used to, trees and bushes and banana trees, tall large and fruitful, some bearing large brilliant flowers of many colors. Not too far was his mother who was calmly drinking from the small nearby pond.

Denton yawned and stumbled to his feet, his eyes still barely open as he was slowly recovering from his sleepiness. Upon looking at him one could tell a vast difference that he had apposed to other longnecks at his age, for his age he was still extreamly small, three quarters smaller than he should had been, and his skin was an odd coloring of blue. He was different, and to his mother, he was quiet special for this purpose.

He made his way to his mother's side as she drank from the pond. She slowly lifted her head and looked to see her son approaching.

"My dear child, I thought you'd never awaken." She said calmly, and she lowered her head to him so he could nuzzle up to her. He did not speak a word but smiled and cuddled to his mother's warmth.

After some time he broke his embrace and walked to the pond's edge for a drink. His mother watched him, deep down she had a deep pity for her own son. Denton had not dared to leave this place for some time. He was frightened of the valley and those who lived in it. He feared he would not be accepted because of his odd difference. He felt safe where he was at, near his mother, by the pond. His comfort zone. Any place beyond is a place of risk, of uncertain danger or ridicule.

Once he did travel out into the valley, it was unfortunate that he met the wrong people, they bullied and ridiculed him because of his differences. They called him names and treated him as if he were a bad fruit. He ran from this group and ever since, refused to return.

In the weeks that followed, his mother would urge him, lecture him, try to make him see that there are better groups out there who would befriend him, who would welcome him and make him feel as if he were truly apart of the valley. But poor young Denton would not have it. It was a fear like one who feared a certain hight, despite the drop would end safely in a cool and pleasant lake for swimming. Denton was wrongfully blinded from the positive possibilities and benefits the valley had waiting for him.

"Not everybody is the same, my child." Said his mother "There are those who do care, and they will understand you. Who you are, and where you come from. They will treat you as if you were one of their own."

Denton sighed and lowered his head.

"I'm just too different, nobody will ever accept me. I feel better just being here with you. This is my home."

And at these words, he turned and returned to the nest where he lay in his thoughts. He was sad inside, though he tried to hide it, but his mother knew. And in his depression, he'd fall into a deep sleep, dreaming of a life he thought he could never have. A life with friends.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC: Do you prefer Feature characters over original characters?  Also for some folks coming after me, are any feature characters not in the valley yet, like Ruby, Chomper, ect ?   I'm also not sure if each rp is different or if certain folks usually play certain feature characters on here.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Nov 25 2007 on  12:50 AM
(OOC: Do you prefer Feature characters over original characters?  Also for some folks coming after me, are any feature characters not in the valley yet, like Ruby, Chomper, ect ?   I'm also not sure if each rp is different or if certain folks usually play certain feature characters on here.
OOC: I'm sure its safe to say that all the original characters are in the valley. I'd encourage other people to bring in their own though to add a nice variety to the mix ^^ just a suggestion

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
OOC: any feature characters you would prefer over others?  I could try Littlefoot, unless you'd rather have another one first.  Also I may bring in my OC I made for another rp, though since the group are not in the right place for her I haven't been able to rp her yet.  She's an adult rainbowface named MIM.  She's sorta like an ancient greek philosopher type of personality.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Nov 25 2007 on  12:57 AM
OOC: any feature characters you would prefer over others?  I could try Littlefoot, unless you'd rather have another one first.  Also I may bring in my OC I made for another rp, though since the group are not in the right place for her I haven't been able to rp her yet.  She's an adult rainbowface named MIM.  She's sorta like an ancient greek philosopher type of personality.
OOC: Whatever you feel comfterable with. The only thing I'd discourage is the use of some bizzare demigod character who destroys everything or ends the story plot though illogical heroics and what not. RP what you are comfterable rp'ing with ^_^

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot was running along, he had gotten temporarily separated from his friends and wasn't really looking where he was going.  He bumped into a figure who was a little separated from the other adults and herds eating some leaves and crawlers that were on the leaves.  She was alone, at times, since she sometimes was in the mood to eat more then just green food and didn't see the need to grose out the others who lived in the valley also.

"Oof," Mim said as she went down on one side.  She got up and started to brush herself off looking at who had bumped into her. She was an adult rainbowface.  Similar in appearance to the female rainbowface in the stone of cold fire movie, but a shade or 2 lighter with a hint of blue in her color, and a nasty old scar on her back where a sharptooth had taken a swing at her long ago, long since healed.  

Littlefoot looked at her, "oh, sorry, I should have been looking where I was going." He said.  Walking over with his head  held a bit lower then normal, knowing he had been a bit careful.

Mim finished getting up, brushing some dirt and a few leaves off of herself.  "No, harm done Littlefoot, but if your attention is elsewhere perhaps moving is something can wait.  Next time it could have been a tree, or a root and you could have been injured."

"Uh, yea." He said, not fully understanding her, but glad she was no injured.

"I thought you would be playing with your friends." She said, looking around for his other friends which she did not see as of yet.  

Littlefoot grinned a bit shyly, "I sorta... got separated from them, we were playing this game see and.. well." he said not sure how to continue.  

Mim went over to put a hand on Littlefoot's back smiling. "Then why don't we go and look for them, unless they find us first.  We can go and have a drink at the pond over there first" She said.  The two of them walked over towards the river the pond area at a casual pace.

"If they are trying to find you, and us them, then one should find the other in half the time then if one was looking alone." Mim said as they walked along.  They had not been in this area in a while, but knew some water was in the area not to far of a walk away.

____
OOC: a bit weak maybe, but I think I may improve with a bit more try.  I tried not to go into to much detail why he's not with the others or who he was playing with, so any others have more freedom to say what they were doing.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
If it's okay I'd like to join this RP as well...

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Nov 25 2007 on  01:55 AM
If it's okay I'd like to join this RP as well...
ooc: Anybody is free to join ^^ I have no objections. I'll let another post go through before I further my part with Denton, or until someone finds their way to him.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
ooc: I'll go ahead and add a bit more to the story to try and make the story interesting. Also, if there are any more OOC questions, please send them via private message. Again, I invite anybody to pitch in if and when they see fit ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------

Denton suddenly awoke hearing voices nearby. Despite having just awakened, he quickly jumped to his feet and went for a nearby hiding spot, deep within the nest. There he peeked out and watched as the two strangers, a young longneck seemingly his age and a rainbow face as they aproached the pond for a drink.

Denton, having not seen another dinosaur this close (besides his mother) since the bully incident in the valley dared not stir or make a sound.

His mother meanwhile was off somewhere, perhaps with the other grownups, thus leaving Denton alone at the lonely nest. But despite his feeble attempts at hiding, he clumsily stepped back unto a fragile branch, snapped it, which then caused him to stumble backwards out into plain view. He landed with a thud which also kicked up a small cloud of dust and sent several smaller creatures darting every which way into nearby bushels.

"Gah!" he cried aloud from his sudden fall. And he then realized he was in plain sight of the strangers.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim and Littlefoot were getting closer to the pond. At first things seemed normal to them with no one around.  Not surprising since they had not been in this area for quite a while themselves.  They were at first unaware of Denton's presence and continued towards the pond.  

At the sound of the snap they both turned their heads around. They were startled.  Littlefoot jumped behind Mim, looking back.  Mim, startled also, continued to look in the direction of the sound, waiting to see what it would be, thinking its likely some small animal or other.

When Denton appeared Littlefoot came out behind Mim smiling, happy to see another longneck about his age.  "Hi, I'm Littlefoot, I didn't know there were any other young longnecks on the valley.  What's your name." He said.

Mim stood back, waving a bit with one hand, not wanting to scare the young one.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The young flyer named Longtail had been sleeping in a nearby tree during the night and had yet to awaken...that is until he heard Denton yelp after snapping  the stick under his foot. The sound was enough to jolt Longtail awake and in his semi-sleep induced panic fall from the tree.

And of course as whith every thing else he just happened to land on his head...he managed to utter out an "Ow." And then rolled onto his feet, for the first time noticing Denton, Littlefoot and Mim. Longtail blushed and took several steps back, having never met Denton before and feeling nervous about meeting new dinosaurs.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton just blinked dumbly,his mouth gaping wide and his body in a tight huddle. So much was rushing through his mind at this moment, first the knowing that he was just spotted, and then the question of what he must do now. He was petrified it seems, and when he finally did try to speak he could only tremble a long drawn out stutter of "Gagagagagah"

He felt twice as embarrassed about this bit of stuttering and quickly shut his mouth as quickly as he had caught himself, the pupils in his eyes had seemed to grown smaller from his state of shock.

And as the others approached him he suddenly stumbled backwards unto his back. A deep feeling of embarrassing and shame filled him.

What am I doing? he thought to himself. This is my only chance to make friends, and here I am making a fool of myself!

Feeling all the more ashamed of his response towards the newcomers he quickly got to his feet, trembling still, but he tried to look his best.

"H-he-hello" He said finally, and the word seemed to burn his mentality as it slid out.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail seemed to lighten up after hearing Denton attempt to make friends as he replied softly "Hi....my name is Longtail. What's your name?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot smiled in a friendly manner, "Hi, I'm Littlefoot.  Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you." He said, repeating his name since he thought the other young longneck may have been to afraid or scared to have heard him.  

Mim stayed back, waving.  She and Littlefoot turned at the sound of Longtail.  Mim took a few steps in Longtail's direction.  "Are you ok Longtail?" She asked, going the rest of the way over to where he was.  

Littlefoot looked over in the direction with concern.  "Are you hurt Longtail?" He asked.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In response to Mim and Littlefoot's question he nodded his head and said "Yes, I'm okay, thank you for asking."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton blinked all the more confused, he gulped and tried to speak again, this time with a little more success and a little less awkwardness in his tone.

"M-my name is Denton." he said shyly and he gave a weak smile in his efforts

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked at Denton smiling, "I'm glad to have met you Denton.  You been in the valley long?" He asked, glad to have met a new friend, and a longneck  about his age too.  

Mim nodded to what Longtail said, glad he wasn't injured.  She next looked over at Denton, "I'm glad to have met you as well." She said.  She was also curious but would wait for the answer.  She decided to stay a bit away, since Denton may get a bit nervous having so many strangers near him.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled and stood in place not wanting to scare Denton. But he had a question burning in his mind...

"Excuse me Denton...but how come I haven't seen you around the valley?"

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton, despite trembling started to find his words coming out more fluently. He started to find a strange comfort in these strangers, a feeling of acceptance.

"Well, uhm..." he started "I guess I just never got around to visiting much." and he lowered his eyes to try and hide his lie.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Before I met Littlefoot and his friends, well even before I came here to the Great Valley, I walked for a long time in the Mysterious Beyond all by myself...and it could get pretty lonely out there when you're on your own." said Longtail with a depressed sigh from thinking about his past.