The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DRAGONZ!!!!

chomperhugger

• Ruby
    • View Profile
:)  hias!!! i was thinking of adding dragons to my topics! :DD

i did this the hard way, i was sitting for a while and i though of spyro but
         i know i already hav a spyro topic. 2 hours later, i thought:
        "hmmm i know i already hav spyro, but wat creature is spyro...AH HA!
   I COULD MAKE A DRAGON TOPIC!!!" :lol
        U CAN TALK ABOUT ANYTHING TO DO WITH DRAGONS ON THIS TOPIC! :)

yours truly,

chomperhugger.

chomperhugger

• Ruby
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Yes, please put all topics that aren't specifically about LBT in the "Fridge" and the topics that are non-LBT related but may be controversial you should put in the "AM" or "After Midnight" section.

Also, please don't make such general topics.  There's a lot to dragons.  We don't want to make an entire squished thread about one subject.  That would be like having a subject that says "Discuss Movies Here".  There are TONS of movies just like there are TONS of different things to talk about when it comes with dragons.  If you don't have anything specific to say about dragons, please don't make a general thread like this.  General threads are okay when it comes to opinion threads like "talk about the kinds of foods you like", but unless it's something like that, please be more specific when making topics.

I noticed your more recent "Spyro" thread.  That's good.  You're talking about one single game character or set of characters.  Just continue to make more specific threads like that and you'll do fine.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, that is where a topic like dragons would go.  Though I assume an admin will move it there soon.  

Dragons are a very wide category and there are many types in the stories of many cultures, as well as many types of dragons in modern literature, cartoons, ect.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Dragons is too general, as would be dinosaurs.  Please narrow your focus down and then perhaps someone will reply.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I don¥t know. I just know one kind of dragons. The one who are spying fire and can fly :p And I LOVE dragies^^

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are anthro, non anthro dragons, western, eastern, ect.  Many types.  I like dragons a lot, or maybe more then a lot, but they do not fit everywhere.  Some places they do not fit.

chomperhugger

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Not happening.  Please post a real topic or don't bother.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
What you need to understand chomperhugger is this is a discussion board, not some IM chat room where you can ask friends or its ok for idle things like clicking eggs to make dragons live or whatever the heck it is you keep posting.  These posts do nothing to advance any topic and are not welcome here.

chomperhugger

• Ruby
    • View Profile
in the discovery chanel, the people there were investigating if dragons were real back then. they think they have proof, one of the people held a horn in his hand (it looked like a triceratops horn) and kept persuasing on TV that dragons were real.

kinda confusing, do u people think it was the horn of a dinosuar or dragon? :huh:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be that some version of dragons did come from stories and sighting of things like Komodo Dragons, and also maybe finding some fossils of dinosaurs or other types of animal bones & fossils.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
No matter what people say, dragons are NOT real.  If we can find so many bones of dinosaurs that died MILLIONS of years ago, why can't we find the bones of dragons when there were reports of the being seen only a thousand years ago?  There would be tons of dragon bones if they truly existed.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We know that dragons don't exist in the real world, but who is to say that they are nonexistent? They exist in the hearts and minds of their believers, myself included. I would love it if they did exist, but I know that they don't and won't if we can't do genetic engineering. And the magical properties of dragons can't ever be recreated by science.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On the subject of dragons, I have stumbled upon a book called Dragonspell by Donita K. Paul. I found it at Barnes and Noble while looking at Terry Pratchett books. It is the first book in a five-book series. The books are Dragonspell, Dragonquest, Dragonknight, Dragonfire, and Dragonlight. I highly recommend the series for dragon-lovers.

Side-note: If you go to Borders, they are filed under Christian Fiction. I see no reason as to why it can't be under Sci-Fi/Fantasy, but that is Borders problem.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would recommend the Temeraire series. It is under the sci-fi/fantasy section in Borders and there are currently four books released with a fifth on the way. They are His Maejesty's Dragon, Throne of Jade, Black Powder War, and Empire of Ivory.

They're historical fiction that take place during the Naepolianic wars so if you like that particular time period, get them!  :DD

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Drake, I like the username. Drakes are similar to dragons, so I assume that you like dragons, too. But does that book series have anything to do with dragons? Are they involved in the plot?