The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 69788

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"I'll stay here and guard while you guys are cleaning up." James said.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
In the control room...

"Can you make the image look a little clearer?" asked Shelton, frowning at the blue-tone monitors.

The programmer cautioned, "The FPS will be slower..."

"Just do it."

The programmer nodded, running the video feeds through a filter. The image cleared considerably, just in time for them to see the last of the debris cleared.

A soldier radioed up. “Who is that?”

Shelton knew the scientist by sight, but froze-framed and ran the dog’s image through the personnel files. “That’s Dr. Josephine Smithson from Biochem,” he responded. “And Balto there is Experiment 09-K, classified 'Snow.' " He whistled, reading about pyro-powers the dog possessed. "And I'd advise not pissing it off."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku looked into the hole he had created, and his breath caught in his throat.
"Snow?"
He gasped, seeing a familiar member of the group he had been created and tested with sitting there.  Not to mention, he had a bit of a soft spot for the canine...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We got a survivor!" The Clydesdale shouted, spotting Neku's expression.

"Who is it?" James asked, "Werner, stay here and guard the door, yell if you need help."

James then headed over to the Clydesdale, who was now moving some more debris so the survivor could be assisted out.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku turned, pushing another piece of rubble away, then smiled at James and the Clydesdale.
"It's Dr. Joe and one of the other experiments.  Her name's Snow, and she's a pyrokinetic.  We were created together, same as me and Siberys.  She's a little shy, but I think she'll be a big help."
He said, eagerly...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
werner nodded his head and clutched his AK tightly while watching the halls.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Are they all right?" James asked, concern obvious in his voice.

"We don't know until we get them free." the Clydesdale said, pulling Snow from the rubble.

James shrugged and reached down to help clear the debris away from Dr. Joe.

After a few moments, he cleared the debris away and nodded to the Clydesdale, who kneeled down and pulled Dr. Joe from the rubble.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"We got company and it looks like they're not friendly,' werner yelled before letting off a burst into the hall.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Neku! Siberys! Monitor those two!" James shouted over the gunfire.

James and the Clydesdale ran to Werner's side. A group of terrorists charged down the hallway.

James fired twice with his shotgun and the Clydesdale let loose a burst from his M-16. A terrorist received a shotgun blast to the torso and went down, another terrorist received a .223 bullet to the head.

The terrorists returned fire as James and the Clydesdale ducked behind the doorframe.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Snow heard her name being called as some of the rubble gave way, but the voice was familiar.  She turned her head slightly so that she could see that the broken concrete was being pulled away.  She saw a large hole in the pile and the anxious face of Neku one the other side.  Her breath slowed a bit in relief, but she was clearly shivering in shock of the explosion as she was being pulled out.

Dr. Joe waited anxiously as the debris on top of the cabinet was cleared out and she could finally open the door to see a familiar faces of James and the Clydesdale.  "Oh thank heavens," she let out a deep breath as she regained her footing.  "Where are the others?" She looked around to find how much the room was truly damaged, and her eyes fell on Snow, the only other survivor of the explosion.

Snow gave nervous looks around as she slowly began to recognize the others around her...when a burst of gun fire nearby caused her to jump with fright.  Danger was coming back...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"We've got another squad coming from your 6 o'clock!" Shelton yelled through the radio. "I've airlocked the doors, but they've got an Anthro Dragon; it won't hold them for long! James, just FYI, there's a dead guy with a bazooka three feet to your left! Neku! See if you can convince Balto to give us some pyro-backup!"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Neku, do you think that if we worked together, we could keep these guys back for a  little while?" Siberys asked.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku nodded.
"I think we could do it for a moment or two.  Hey, Snow.  You think we should show them our joint abilities?  Sparks and fire, that'll teach them, right?"
He asked, smiling at her, grasping her hand in his gently...

Next to the approaching terrorists, a figure appeared out of thin air.  Cale, an anthro chameleon who was dead-set against the humans who had made him, stalked beside the forces, holding a black, bloodied blade.  He was also of the Psy-Experiments, a user of electricity, who used his power to destroy those who had created him...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James picked up the bazooka. "I'm more comfortable with small arms." he said, handing it over to the Clydesdale.

The Clydesdale accepted the bazooka and prepared to use it.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
A soldier knelt on one knee, firing a Patton tribute pistol into the hallway.

Suddenly, what looked like a tazer blast knocked him into the far wall.

Shelton leaned forward. "What the hell was that?"

Whatever it had come from had vanished as quickly as it had appeared. Shelton turned the camera to focus on the spot. He could barely make out an outline...

Suddenly a flash of electric blue light filled the monitor, and the screens turned to static.

The programmer turned to Shelton. "Sir, did you see--?"

"Yeah, I did." Shelton tried the radio. No one picked up. "And I sure hope they did too, because we have no way of warning them."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A smell of ozone reached James's nostrils.

"Did something short out?" James asked. He stuck his head into the hallway and noticed the smell had gotten stronger. He noticed an unconscious soldier by the wall and he noticed the scorch marks on him.

He returned back to the lab. "Guys! There is a soldier outside and it looks like he was electrocuted but there's no loose wires." James said.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Werner walked over to the soilder and looked around "I don't know guys I feel like we're being watched,' werner said.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Hmm, let me check the area." Siberys said, searching for minds with his telepathic abilities.

"There is a person here, but I can't see him."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku's eyes narrowed, and he let a sharp hiss of breath escape from between his clenched teeth.  
"Cale..."
He whispered to himself, then turned towards the others.
"It's another psy.  Cale, the chameleon.  He's electrokinetic, same as me.  Watch out..."
He said, eyes flitting around the room...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One of the experiements looked around and asked "Which one of them is cale,' he asked.