The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey to the Island

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
At long last, another chapter! :) What are the chances of Chomper's home having a whole cave full of Crystal? And yes, a cliff hanger :p

Chapter 34: Through darkness through mirrors
Ozzy wandered through the tunnel, stopping every time he heard a noise or seeing something stur within the darkness. He was about to turn back when he saw a shining up ahead. He went closer to where the shining was coming from and saw a chamber full of more of those shiney stones. He looked around and saw that the chamber now had three pathway's. One could lead to the exit hopefully, just as long as he picks the right path. Finally, he decided he chose the path on the left..

Just as Ozzy left the chamber, Pino entered the chamber next. Her jaw dropped at the sight of the chamber, never before has she seen anything so beautyful in her life. She looked down at the shiney stone in her hand and held it close. "I cant wait to show Chomper and my Mommy and Daddy." Pino thought to herself, smiling. She walked forward but stopped when she saw the three tunnels. "Oh.. Daddy always had me troubled with this game." Pino thought to herself, remembering the games Spino played with her. He took a hopper and hid it under one rock and mixed the three rocks up for Pino to guess which one the hopper was hiding under. "Always wondered he Daddy never squished the hopper's, oh well.." Pino thought to herself. She looked at the three tunnels and entered the middle tunnel..

Ozzy turned around when he thought he heard a sound coming from behind. Seeing nothing, he turned around to continue walking only to be startled by a creature infront of him. He looked at the creature and noticed that it was making the exact same movements he was making. Not only that, but it looked exactly like him. He moved closer and the creature did the same thing. He put his hand on the creature and it did the same. Ozzy then noticed that there was no creature and that the creature was only his reflection. Ozzy growled in anger and continued his journey through the tunnel..

Pino continued to stare in awe at the tunnel full of shiney stones. Then her look of awe changed to confusion as she saw creatures that looks almost like her. One creature, which made her even more confused, looked like a small, chubby version of herself. She moved closer and the creature did the same. She went to touch the creature but saw that it was only her reflection. She iched her head and saw the reflection doing the same. Suddenly she thought of an idea. She put her fingers in her mouth and pulled her cheecks and saw her reflection make a funny face. She laughed at the sight and tried another trick. She held her upper lip up and saw her reflection doing the same thing. She began to laugh harder, but then noticed more unusual reflections of herself on other shiney stones. "This is going to be fun!" She thought to herself..

Ozzy folded his arms and growled to himself. He was beginning to get tired of seeing himself in different shapes and sizes and seeing his reflection with a small body and a big head with even bigger eyes didn't exactly help one bit. Suddenly he heard a small laugh from behind. He quickly looked back but could not see anything. He listened for it again and he heard the laughing again, which sounded almost like Pino. Ozzy gulped and continued his journey..

Pino hopped up and down watching her reflection having a big head to big feet as it hopped up and down as well. Pino stopped when she heard a growling noise. She frowned and looked down at her stomach. "Im hungry.." She thought to herself. She looked back at her reflection and waved goodbye and continued her journey as well..

Ozzy kept an eye out for the nightflyers or anything else that will look at him and think of him as Food. Just then he heard a loud growl coming from behind and he slowly turned around. He saw a very small reflection of himself, but saw that a huge, gient, ugly creature looked down at him. It seemed to almost grin which made his stomach churn. "S-s-s-SHARPTOOTH!" Ozzy screamed in terror and ran away as fast as he could. The Gient Sharptooth moved forward but began to shrink until Pino walked out from behind the shiney stones. She looked around and gulped. "Sharptooth?" She said to herself, backing up but tripped and fell down a dark tunnel..

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Another chapter, expect this one is pretty rushed and i ran out of ideas. I promise next chapter will be better! :)

Chapter 35:
Pino tumbled down through the darkness and finally landed with a thump. Then she began to slide and she was beginning to feel awfully dizzy. She yelp when she began to slide acrost the wall and over to the next. Then she prepaired for the worst when she saw a large gap and many other tunnels that were acrost the gap. She tried to stop but to no avail and before she knew it, she was flying over the gap, screaming..

Ozzy quickly looked in all directions when he heard a loud scream. Suddenly the screaming was replaced by "oof!" and "Ouch!" And then he felt something hard slam into the back of his head..

Pino leaned back and forth and rubbed her head. She suddenly heard a low moan from where she was sitting and looked down to see Ozzy, laying on the ground with a look that seemed like he was hit in the head by a rock. "Ozzy!" Pino said, happily..

Ichy struggled to keep himself from falling asleep while he flew. He was tired, and he was angry at Dil who had finally made him go see if he could find a suitable place to stay while Chomper, Strut and Dil rested. His eyelids gradually got heavier and heavier until he could no longer keep his eyes open, until suddenly, something flew into his face..

Ichy tumbled down and landed on a few tree branches and then finally landed on the ground with a thud. He rubbed his head and looked to see what had flew into him and saw a small unusual looking flyer which rubbed its head as well..

"Who in the land of mist's are you?" Ichy said, folding his wings. The Flyer looked at Ichy and gave a silent yelp. "Eris!" The Flyer called Eris said. Ichy walked closer to Eris and examined him and added in. "What in the land of mist's are you?" Ichy said, rising an eyebrow. "Im a Nightflyer!" Eris said, folding his arms as well. "Never heard of them." Ichy said. "Welp, better get going!" Eris quickly said but was interupted by Ichy. "Hey wait!" Ichy said before Eris quickly flew away. "Know any good places to rest for the night?" Ichy said. Eris looked at Ichy and said "Welp, there is a cave just up, a couple minutes walk or flight and there you are." Eris said then quickly flew away. Ichy looked in the direction where the cave would be and followed Eris' directions..

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It made sense at the start but its starting to wander a bit without reaching any real conclusion. Are you approaching a climax? A big meeting? or just dragging on your story?  :confused

I write a lot and a word of advice that always helped me was:  

"Always know the beginning and the end of your story before you attempt to fill the inbetween"

Other then that keep it up! Even if you end this story you can always fit new ideas into a sequel.  :smile

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just dragging on the story. I have to say it, it's starting to become a story that should not be called "Journey to the Island" But i admit, it will probably come to an end sooner or later.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wahoo! I've finally conjured up the courage to writing another chapter! So sorry to keep everyone waiting. My brain hurts from thinking :lol:

Chapter 36:
"We made it!" Pino said with a victorious tone and holding her fist up as she saw the great circle shining above. "It was alot of fun though, wasn't it Ozzy?" Pino said, looking back at Ozzy with a smile but noticed Ozzy had a look of utter fear on his face. "Ozzy?" Pino asked with a confused tone to her voice. Ozzy held up a shaky hand and pointed at something behind Pino. Pino then noticed the area around her grow dark all of a sudden. She slowly turned around and saw Chomper's Father standing behind her..

Ichy continued to fly in the direction Eris sent him in. Having flown all night, he was tired and could not fly any longer. He landed on the ground and yawned. "Gosh, now i know how Dil feels.." Ichy thought to himself. Just as he began to curl up he heard a loud familier scream. "Pino?" Ichy said as he heard the screaming. Just then, Ozzy came jumping over a nearby bush and landing right ontop of Ichy. Ichy sat up with a dazed look and was quickly squished when Pino came running after Ozzy. "Ozzy, wait for me!" Pino cried out as she got up and ran in the direction Ozzy went. Ichy sat up again with a now angry look on his face. Just then he heard a loud roar coming from where Ozzy and Pino had emerged and he to screamed in fear and quickly flew away as he saw a sharptooth charging forward..

Chomper, Dil and Strut awoken when the bright circle shone high above. They were glad to have some rest, but were worried about Ichy who had not returned to tell them of anyplace safe to rest. "Bah, he probably fell asleep somewhere." Dil said with a grumble. "Maybe we should go look for him?" Chomper Suggested. Luckily, his question was quickly answered when Ozzy came running as fast as he could, but ended up tripping on Dil's tale. Next to follow was Pino who ran into Dil's side. "Hey! Im not something you get to walk through here!" Dil said with a snap.

"Sharptooth!" Ichy said, flying as fast as he could. He dove in and hid behind Dil.

"Oh, your still awake?" Dil said with a laugh, but was quickly silenced as they all heard the sound of a Sharptooth's roar..

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry, double post. Okay, so the source of all the ideas? They come up as im writing them. Why didn't i think of that before? :p Not exactly as long as last one, but hey! It's something! ^^

Chapter 37:
The Sharptooth emerged from behind the trees, roaring. It looked around at the many would-be dinners when it all of a sudden saw Chomper.

Chomper made some sort of chirp sounds which caused Pino to turn around. Ozzy got back up and rubbed his sore chin. He turned around but then fell stiff as a tree at the sight of the sharptooth.

The Sharptooth bent down and sniffed Chomper. It then roared loudly and Chomper continued the chirp.

"Pino? What are they saying?" Strut asked with a frightened tone to his voice.

"It's his Mommy!" Pino said with a happy tone to her voice as she saw the sharptooth gently nuzzling Chomper. Just then, another sharptooth emerged from behind the trees. "And his Papa too!" Pino added in.

"We thought you were dead." Chomper's Mother growled, happy to see her son alive and well. "Im alright Mommy!" Chomper said with a smile as he climbed up onto his mothers snout. "We're glad your safe Son!" Chompers Father growled, also happy to see their son alive.  "Acro told us that Pino killed you." Chompers Mother growled. "What?" Chomper chirped with surprise. "Pino's my friend, she would never do that!" Chomper Chirped.

Ichy, Dil, Pino, Ozzy and Strut continued to watch as Chomper and his parents had their 'conversations'. Every once in a while, Ozzy jumped when either one of his parents roared angrily. He was beginning to wish he could understand what the sharpteeth were saying, when all of a sudden Chomper's Mother bent down again to let Chomper down.

"Well? What did you tell them, Sharptooth?" Ozzy said with an irritated tone to his voice. He made a quick movement twords Chomper but stopped when Chomper's parents growled threateningly at him.

"Mommy and Daddy said that they wont eat you." Chomper said to Ozzy, He looked back at his Mother and Father who growled again. Chomper looked back at Ozzy and added in: "Yet."

Ozzy grumbled as he heard Chomper's words, but he didn't say or do anything in fear of being eaten.

"We have to go visit Pino's Parents next." Chomper said. Ozzy felt stiff again when as he heard Chomper's next words..

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Awe poor Pino, getting accused like that.

Now that I have such a good picture in my head of her, this story is a lot more interesting.  You should thank Darkwolf for his art!

Caustizer.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How long has it been, How long has it been since i wrote a chapter?

Chapter 38:
Acro wandered around the Island, sniffing around for anything to eat.. Ever since those sharpteeth arrived, food has been hard to find. Bad enough the sharptooth was blind, scarce food made living even harder..

"Hey! Acro!" Called out Eris, flapping his tiny wings and landing on the tip of Acro's nose, panting. "Chomper's parents found them!" Said Eris.

"Good.." Said Acro, grinning evilly to reveal the rows of sharp, jagged teeth.

"You mean it's good that Chomper's reunited with his parents?" Asked Eris, itching his ear.

"WHAT!?" Roared Acro, Angrilly. Eris fell off of Acro's nose and fluttered over to a nearby tree branch so he wouldn't fall down and likely get crushed by the angry sharptooth's feet. "Where are they?" Acro growled.

"Th-th-their, um.." Eris stuttered but was interupted by Acro.

"Enough, i shall search for them myself." Acro growled in response, turning around and bumping into a tree and knocking it down. Acro longed to be the only sharptooth on the island again, and he would make sure it stayed that way..

Ichy, Dil, Ozzy and Strut followed Pino, Chomper and his Parents to wherever Pino's Parents lived.. Ozzy still felt very uncomfortable traveling with sharpteeth that knew him from before. He almost lost his tail to one sharptooth, he wont lose it to these ones..

"Hey Dil?" Said Ichy.

"Yeah?" Replied Dil.

"Wanna play 'I Spy'?" Said Ichy. Dil grumped in irritation at the sharpbeak's words.

"Ichy, you know my sight is bad!"

"I know, im just bored." Replied Ichy, laying back down on Dil's head.

"Alright, fine. What do you spy?" Said Dil with another grumble.

"Alright, i spy.." Began Ichy, looking around for something he could 'spy'. "Something that is white and puffy?"

"One of those white puffy things in the sky?" Guessed Dil.

"Correct! How about.." Ichy looked around for another thing he could spy. "Something big with green food all over?"

"Tree."

"Jeez, Dil! For someone who has trouble seeing, your pretty good at seeing things!" Said Ichy, patting Dil on the nose.

"Why thank you Ichy! That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me." Replied Dil.

"Okay, we're almost there!" Said Pino happily. She ran ahead past Chomper and his Parents towards the place where she lived. However, she stopped in her tracks when she saw the scene before her. Tree's had been pushed down and the rocks on the cliff nearby had fallen, but what stuck out more was the next. The eggs that were in the nest had been crushed, whether it was from one of the fallen rocks or someone else, she wasn't sure. Pino went forward to the nest and picked up one of the broken egg shells. By now, the others had arrived to the scene. Chomper was familier with where Pino lived, but now it looked compleatly unrecognizable. Chomper went next to Pino and picked up one of the other broken egg shells.

"It's.. It's all part of the great circle of life.." Pino said to herself with a sniffle. Chomper looked at her and went over to her. He placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Im sorry.." Said Chomper. Pino then threw the egg shell that she held away and cried.

"I hate the circle of life!" Pino said before she ran away.

"Wait! Pino!" Called out Chomper, chasing after her. Strut had also went after Pino. Ozzy watched as Pino ran away and he couldn't help but feel bad. After a moment, he too followed..

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Aww... I wish I could reach in and give Pino a hug.

It's so sad that she lost her siblings to be, and I'm glad Chomper was there to comfort her.

Short installment though, surprisingly short.  It's almost as if you had it on hand and just wanted to push it out to show that you will were commited to the story, which is nice but also unfurfilling.  Next time I would go for a full chapter so us readers can get into the story a little more  :angel

Caustizer.