The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Adventuring in the Grand Canyon!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just wanted to let y'all know I will be heading to Arizona on Monday, March 9th and will not be back until Monday, March 16th.  A couple of relatives are buried out there, and my mother's been doing the family genealogy for years, so we're stopping in Phoenix to do some research on the late relatives before moving on to the Grand Canyon.  I'm very excited, for I've always wanted to see it.  It may be too cold for some of the wildlife to be seen yet, but I'm sure we'll find plenty of interesting sights while hiking through there.  Don't worry, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures :D.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow that's really nice. I'm really looking forward to see those pictures! :) Have fun on your trip :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Have lots of fun there.  Maybe you can see if you can out run deer.    :p  

Hopefully the winter there will be a warm one instead of a cold one so you can enjoy things better.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Grand Caynon is one of the great wonders of the world, along with the Great wall and the Pyramids, it is something everyone in the world should try to see at least once in their lifetime..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Wow, that sounds exciting :)
Did you research genealogy for a long time? Do you know where your ancestors came from when they set out to America?
Grand Canyon must be an awesome sight. I hope you get a chance to take some pictures.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually, I have no idea as to who my biological ancestors are as I am adopted.  All I know about my biological family's background is their ethnic background, which is German and Irish.  I hope to someday at least meet my biological mother.  I would just like to know who my ancestors are and if there is a family history of any diseases or disorders I should be aware of.  Also, my adoptive mother found out when I was still very young that I have two half-brothers who are younger than me, so it would be nice to find out about them :yes.

To answer your question, it is my adoptive mother's family we've been researching for several years now.  Her mother's (my grandmother's) side came from the Tipperary area of Ireland in the later 1700s, so it was before the Potato Famine.  They immigrated to Nova Scotia, but they never stayed put.  The generations kept moving through Ontario until they reached the state of Michigan.  My grandfather's (her father's) side, on the other hand, shows his ancestors came from Germany, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, and France.  They also immigrated in the mid to later 1700s.  They came directly to America by entering through Ellis Island, and most of them ended up in Ohio and Michigan.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just wanted everyone to know I'll be back home tomorrow night, so I won't have photos up just yet.  I loved it out there, and I'm certainly glad to see everyone here again :yes!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great to hear! Looking forward to the pictures! Went to the Grand Canyon when I was young, it was a great experience..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We're glad you are back and had fun.  No need to rush and shove up pictures.  You can take your time and post 1 or a few at a time and tell some story or happy memories around each.  :)