The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Santiago de Compostela

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
It's a beautiful location in Spain, which is where I will be spending the next three and a half days. It's not very far from Portugal frontiers, but from the looks of it, we might get a somewhat awesome view of it's citadels and cathedrals. I'll be staying at a pretty good looking hotel, from what I've seen in pictures, and from what I've heard from other people. The most impressive picture I expect to take is one to the biggest cathedral there, where well be passing by. If I'm lucky, I'll catch a smooth shot at night with the illumination in perfect condition.

The trip, though, promises to be harsh. <.< It's a small bus from a bunch of people under a scorching sun. It's thirteen degrees under the shade and twenty nine out in the open. (I know, pretty badly translated joke <.<).

Well, so I'll try to get the votes sent in before the deadline too, by the way.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay! Have fun around there and just ignore the heat :D :p Think you will share those pictures with us? :)

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Man, time sure passes by quickly... they say that what's good always ends, so, I supose it's my turn, right?

Anyways, it was quite fun out there in Spain. The heat was actually cold and rain, so I think it's a rather rewarding thing.

BUT I've got some pictures, too. Unfortunately, the cathedral isn't quite the way I wanted it to apear in the picture, since it's during the day, but its as epic as during the night!

So, this is the Cathedral! Quite impressive, huh? I couldn't take the other parts, or the camera's lens would blow in epicness. Out of jokes, the cathedral was too big to take a good picture of it. This is the best I could get from the south entrance. Did you know it's oriented towards the four cardinal points?

But to reach the cathedral, you'd have to follow these marks. It's relatively easy to find them on the ground, they're golden circles with a shell design over it. They mark the way for the pilgrims to reach the church.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Speaking of way, talk about a giant wind rose! Its just next to an ancient lighthouse, and it's some seven meters large.

To get the picture, I had to make it like that. It's the Tower of Hercules. It's rather tall for a lighthouse, and it's been there since roman times.

We stayed in a large campus-like place. This here

is the main plaza. Just down you could see a disco, and north the other room houses. I forgot the name they gave it...

Anyways, this is ours. Wow, it's just like the other ones... <.<

My stuff is on the left, my room mate's stuff is on the left. It was somewhat small, but the beds were comfortable. Almost.

But wait, there's more to our place! We were the only ones to have....

TADDAAA!

MICROWAVES!

:slap

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Back to the coastline.

Someone's needing to shave, I know. But I forgot to take it. Anyways, CoruÒa's coast is beautiful, and behind me you can see the sea. It was rather cloudy though, so blame St. Peter.

All of CoruÒa's buildings have a glass front wall. This is because women back in time used these buildings to watch the sea and alert in case their husbands came back from the sea. It's an interesting background story much below this, though.

The Museum of Science! It might not seem like it, but this place was the best where I went! Someone familiar with Mindball? It's game where your brain activity controls a small ball in the middle of a path. The path has two ends - yours and your foe's. The ball then rolls to the side of the more nervous person. Meaning, the more relaxed you are, the more the ball gets away from you. Meet the champion!  :D

And this could be Mona Lisa, but in detail, you'll see its made out of pictures from celebreties.

This severely caught my attention. This triangle is only possible to draw, it's impossible to build. At least that's what the sign said. But looking up, above the door in front of you...

The last one. Why did I capture a small chick? First, it was born not much time before I took the picture. Second, because I filmed the complete birth. Give me a break, for heaven's sake, it took three minutes!  :blink:

Well, that was all! I've got 600, so I don't want to keep you, right?

Eheh, It was a really well spent weekend.