The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Legendary Starfy

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I recently played through a game on the DS called The Legendary Starfy.  It came out last month and has been somewhat big.  Heck, when I went to get a copy myself about a week ago, I had to go through 4 big name stores before finding the game.

The big thing is that this is the 5th Starfy game to come out and the 1st to be ported overseas.  Why they never got ported over, I don't really know, especially on the fact that this game was SO good.  If his other games are just as good as this one, then there's NO excuse.

You play as Starfy, a small star kid that has the power defeat his enemies by literally spinning into them.  It only takes a few minutes to master the controls of the game, so there's really no complaints there.  In most of the levels, you travel through water, but that's where his true power shines.  If anything, Starfy is an excellent swimmer.

The story goes that a bunny wearing a space suit falls into Starfy's home and is knocked out as a result.  When awoken, the bunny tries to remember where he came from but has suffered amnesia.  Starfy decides to help and joins the bunny on an adventure to regain the lost memory.

Okay, okay!  Not much of a plot, I know.  However, let's just say things get really hectic and surprising as you go through the game.

With the fact that there are over 60 levels to explore, (When you include all of the bonus levels, which without would only be 32.) there's really no complaint of it being short.  However, the fact is that the levels are just too easy.  I sped through this game in about a week, and that's with a limited amount of only a few hours to play each day.  If you had a free weekend, you'd most likely get it done with by then.

One thing it was though, was very entertaining.  It's just a fun game to kick back and play when you have time to kill.  It's a solid game, no question asked.  I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's thinking of buying it.

Well, that's it for my review on this game.

See ya later!