The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

This youtube video I found is a disgrace

Jrd89 · 74 · 7719

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Be proud that you and I are proud LBT fans, because the next generation of children got this:

There is a cartoon I found on PBS called "Dinosaur Train" If you ask me, it's really dumb.

I found out about this show this morning. I kicked myself in the teeth because it stars a family of Pteranodons. "I had this middle- far future idea of making a comic strip or even a cartoon series starring Pteranodons. Beautiful ones (like Pterano),and cute ones like Petrie.

When I saw this I said AWWWWWGHHHHH! SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT!  :(

MAJOR MAJOR DOWNER.

This show I think is very dumb. The Pteranodons are all one solid color (not multi-colored with beautiful neck rings).

The show took one step wayy too far with this clip: they talk about poop, yes. I kid you not. Pooping. How sick can you get. and it's a little kids show, too. This belongs on "Adult Swim" (late night cartoon network)

This is what the next generation of kids got stuck with. Pteranodons talking about pooping. super sick.

They fail to pronounce Pteranodon right. They pronounce the "a" as the short sound, like "apple". The RIGHT way to pronounce the "a" is with the short o sound, like the o's in "octagon"

God bless LBT. I'm glad that our generation got this beautiful, funny, emotional, and educational series of dinosaur movies.

Here's that sick clip from "Dinosaur Train".   Boy! Where's Petrie and Pterano when you Need them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW39BWeqCiI

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
lol that's really silly.

However kids are growing up in some pretty weird times these days, wonder what'll become of them.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I watched the whole thing with my mouth wide open.  I gotta say, the ending song was funny, especially rhyming with feces. :lol But gee, I bet they get sued over this.  It would make a great addition to Adult Swim if they'd make the characters a little more ridiculous.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've seen some of Dinosaur Train and while I don't like it I do think the show is really cute. I don't think it's a disgrace, personally. It's just another kids' show. This one seems obviously geared towards very young kids, like preschool or something. I wouldn't say the show is as bad as some others out there. But as I've said, this show is made for really young kids, so I don't think it's very logical to truly hate the show. Don't like it, just don't watch it.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I'm not even gonna bother looking XD

It's a completely different story from LBT and a completely different company too. So there's no need for it to be a disgrace to LBT.

If anything, it's a disgrace to PBS cartoons. Just looking at that makes me with kids would watch the good ol' PBS...Arthur, Sagwa, Dragon Tales, Cyber Chase (<3 to all of those!).

And you can still do a story about a family of Pteranodons :) . Just how many stories are there about apatosarus protagonists out there? It's do-able.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh I watched....what a waste of time.  
Whilst it may be for very young children and there are far worse children television programmes out there (In the Night Garden for example) it's not learning.  

Yet, it makes me grateful that I was not born in this era.  

Atleast we had some good shows.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't heard about that before.

I read it was made by the Jim Henson Company.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I gotta admit, I actually cracked a smile at this. It's so stupid and ridiculous that I couldn't help but smile XD! Now I know what to watch when I'm in a bad mood hahaha!!

In all honesty though, I feel bad for children of today. While we definately had crap movies and shows as kids, we also had a fair share of good entertainment. These days kids have pretty much nothing but crap. When I see stuff like this, it makes me realize just how happy I am to be a 90's child.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think it's because people in general have gotten more strict on keeping cartoons in their version of what is "kid-appropriate". Interestingly enough, years ago, cartoons were more intended for adults than for kids (such as Betty Boop and the old Loony Tunes cartoons), from what I understand.

Duckyfan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
that is really stupid. poop seriously, they make a show about dinosaurs and they talk about poop? another thing, I really don't like that animation

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Not to mention that they also talk about EATING poop too! Seriously, what the hell?!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Comment time: This was so ridiculously stupid that I think my I.Q. dropped to that of a Yellowbelly :crazy.  I will admit that I laughed my arse off at the stupidity of the content, but that's it.  It was so brain-shattering it's funny.  I still can't believe anybody created a TV episode for children that talked about crapping :blink:.  

It was pretty funny though how the dinosaurs talked about how they crap anywhere at any time, and yet at the end of the clip, the flyer goes down the train aisle to go sit on the throne :lol.  Talk about contradictory statements and actions.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how common it is with other species, but eating poo, as disgusting as it sounds, is not unheard of in the natural world. Koala babies do it, for instance, to get antibodies from the mother to help them eat the eucalyptus leaves. I can't remember why, but apparently sometimes dogs do it. It might be gross for us, but for some species, it's an important survival strategy/skill.

I think the poo eating thing establishes how different the dinosaurs are from humans. The only downside I can see with it is that children might get the wrong idea and try it themselves. If that happens, that poo eating episode will likely get banned or at least heavily modified.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Seems to be aimed at very young kids.  The topic is something that I'm sure has been covered in what Libraries call e books.  It seems a silly show, but that isn't bad.    Not exactly to my taste, but I can likely enjoy clips or bits of it once in a while.  Never heard of the show before.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Wow, what an odd find. This is quite weird for a kids show, but some of the episodes are actually quite decent. The characters (excepting those ugly ugly Pterodons) are nice and I like the colours and backgrounds... but who am I to judge a kids show as an adult...

This was produced by the Jim Henson company, by the way. Not quite what i expected from those guys... but it is what they do, make kids shows.

I do feel sorry for modern children having to put up with subpar shows just because of modern parental ideals of what is right and wrong. Oh noes we can't have violence and action packed adventures but we can have good old toilet humour... yay <_<

We had stuff like Ren and Stimpy back when I was a kid and I turned out fine (then again I wasn't in front of the TV every freakin hour). I'll tell you what though, the world needs more dinosaur themed shows for kids... and dragons, too. They love that sort of stuff. However, until then, I'll just go back to watching the WotWots <_<

I know exactly what I'll be using in my Youtube videos next, though... cheers for this find. ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Found a video from dinosaur train where they sing the alphabet using diff dino names.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1O_pZClyrc

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: JitteryDragon,Mar 22 2010 on  11:11 PM

I know exactly what I'll be using in my Youtube videos next, though... cheers for this find. ;)
Can I make a suggestion, Jitterydragon? You should do a video with the gang's responses to this. I can just imagine the looks on their faces from seeing this, especially Cera's  :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Mar 23 2010 on  06:36 AM
Quote from: JitteryDragon,Mar 22 2010 on  11:11 PM

Can I make a suggestion, Jitterydragon? You should do a video with the gang's responses to this. I can just imagine the looks on their faces from seeing this, especially Cera's  :lol
I think Jittery can think of jokes himself.

Believe me, this kids show is not too bad at all. There are so many deformed humans kids shows out there that bother me a lot more. This one is kind of cute and it kind of wants to teach kids something, at least.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Geez, it was just a suggestion. Lay off.

Second of all, did I say I hate this show? No. I think it's stupid, yes, but I don't hate it. Thinking it's stupid and hating it are two different things. I think the Harold and Kumar movies are stupid but I like those. All I did was suggest a video idea to Jittery that I thought would be funny. Is that so wrong?

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Animeboye- I do like your suggestion.

What WOULD Littlefoot and the gang say about this. and Petrie, too? (i'm not even going to mention Pterano.)

Could you even begin to THINK of what it would be like if PETRIE sang about poop-- NO!- because it would never even happen. There were no "bathroom" jokes in any of the 13 movies. It was all clean, funny humor.

I do agree that the pteranodons are very ugly looking in "Dinosaur Train"

Petrie is the cutest and cuddliest ever, Pterano is also very very beautiful looking

-Pteranodons singing about poop.....  :x  ughhhh.