The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Funniest Game Moments

MrDrake · 12 · 2187

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No one has a topic on this yet?  I mean, I'm very certain that there have been times in video games, when you're playing and something funny has happened?

Example of mine:

Batman: Arkham Asylum: Playing as the Joker on his Challenge Maps, doing a silent takedown on a guard, cue guard being kicked in the nuts from behind :lol

So come one, come all, share your own funniest moments you have experienced whilst playing any game at all :D

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Kirby Super Star Ultra

I was at a part of a stage that had platforms suspended over a bottomless pit by ropes. I made two mistakes in that part.

1) Deciding to fly over the bottomless pits under the platforms.

2) Making a CPU partner from the Wings power-up, not realizing that the feathers could cut the ropes.

For some unfathomable reason my CPU partner's AI decided to cut one of the platform's rope...And I just happened to be floating under said platform. Commence platform falling right on top of my head and pulling me down to my death.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww man, now that must suck for sure.  That sure sounds like something an AI partner could very well do XD

For me, somethign else terrible happened....but was still funny for me.

GTA IV

Okay, trying to get to my destination, I run in front of a car by accident, as I didn't realize there was one right there.  It hits me....which is fine, so I get up, only to have the car that hits me, move forward some more....hitting the car in front, and in the process, crushing me inbetween the two cars, killing me.....and it's happened twice on the game so far XD

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tomb Raider(The original not Anniversary)

Death by doppleganger AKA mutant Lara.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Mass Effect 2:
"I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions!" *Punches Reporter in the face*

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Donkey kong country:
when you leave wrinklys save cave she'll sometimes say this: "when crossing the jungle, remember to look left, right, and up for falling monkeys."

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
GTA: Liberty City

The police manage to gun me down in the middle of the road, and the screen was already turning black and white. Then, all of a sudden, a car comes out of nowhere and hits the policeman. The screen turns colored again, and I was free once more.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And I just did something I thought was awesome on GTA 4 :p

Driving at high speed towards my destination.  I hit something along the way, go flying with like, two flips in the process.....and landed back on all four wheels once again a bit ahead on the road....to which I just kept on going as if it were nothing XD

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When playing Tony Hawk's Underground 2: World Destruction Tour:

On occasion, when my character bailed (fell off the skateboard) while performing a stunt, it appears there is no such thing as friction in the game as the character continues to slide across the pavement while trying to stand up...and does not stop until he or she smacks into a wall, solid object, or some random pedestrian :lol.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Just had another one...

Kirby Super Star Ultra

In "Revenge of Meta Knight". When on the Halberd in level 4 (or 5) there's a part in the stage where the bad guys freak out about Kirby nearing the cannons...I do the Yo Yo spin attack and drop myself into a pit, committing suicide...Yeah, nearing the cannons all right...

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials & Tribulations

Edgeworth: Are...!

Franziska: You...!

Judge: High! This girl...She's really high up there!

Heck, the whole Ace Attorney series is littered with funny game moments gold.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a funny moment for the following game:

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Well okay, so it's not too funny cause of what happens afterwards, but this is what had happened, was trying to do a tomahawk challenge, killing an enemy while riding my horse.  So I target an Undead, but instead of throwing the tomahawk at the Undead....John Marston instead....stabs the horse he is riding....in the neck....and killing it.

Anyway, the worst thing is that the net horse I whistled to was a stupid Undead horse which does not want to, for the life of it, wants to run straight.  So glad I've got War now.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
This moment happened in Minecraft.

I was playing Treasure Wars on the Hive server, and I was just getting my gold ready to buy a sword.  All of a sudden, I see a player who flew right near my island. 

And when he notices me, he soon takes flight and goes to destroy my treasure.  The second his foot touches the treasure, BAM!  He gets banned. 

Usually I have a sigh of relief when hackers like him gets banned, but I found it pretty funny how he got banned as soon as he was a inch away from my treasure.