The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kosh and Mr. Clubtail

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
I like to split the clubtails in the series up even further than just Kosh and Mr. Clubtail; the way I see it, Mr. Clubtail is the specific clubtail in V, XI and XII, Kosh is a one-off character in the one episode and the Rob Paulsen and Jeff Bennett clubtails from the third movie and 'The Amazing Threehorn Girl' respectively are their own distinct "characters" as well.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Unlike the rest of y'all, Mr. Clubtail and Kosh will always be the same character to me. If Littlefoot can change voice actors eight times, Mr. Clubtail can once, and his personality never changed to the degree that I couldn't believe it was the same sometimes-cranky old dinosaur.

I just prefer one long-running side character over multiple extremely minor, half-baked ones who look exactly alike.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 01:57:21 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on November 12, 2021, 01:55:03 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on November 12, 2021, 01:55:03 PM
Unlike the rest of y'all, Mr. Clubtail and Kosh will always be the same character to me. If Littlefoot can change voice actors eight times, Mr. Clubtail can once, and his personality never changed to the degree that I couldn't believe it was the same sometimes-cranky old dinosaur.

I just prefer one long-running side character over multiple extremely minor, half-baked ones who look exactly alike.

Yeah I see them as the same character too although to be fair I haven't put that much thought into it. There are multiple occasions where characters have changed voice actors (especially in the shift between their movie and TV series appearances) so that isn't enough for me to say that's a different character. I suppose the different mannerisms might be due to whatever mood he's in that day. :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
When Mr. Clubtail says, “Splashing around needlessly, for shame!” You have to take into account he and the other inhabitants of The Great Valley are under great duress; their water source is stopped, and low, and they all save The Gang of Five, are in survival mind set, which makes people edgier and harsher.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 01:17:41 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Troud

• Ruby
  • Fastbiter Philosopher
    • View Profile
(Ten years later. . .)
The series has an ankylosaur character named "Kosh". That leads me to ask a question. Has the voting window passed the pebbles by yet?