The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

No one did an April fools topic?!

Guest · 20 · 1776

Bruton the Iguanodon

It''s still April fools where I live but April 2nd here on the Gang of Five...and I was expecting someone to pull an April Fools announcement, like, "There'll be a 14th movie!!" or "I've found the uncut footage!"

No?  Am I the only one that interested in that stuff here? :unsure:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nope. The gang of five has been around a while longer than you and we've pretty much decided that posting random stuff like that isn't going to convince any members.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The GOF used to do some kind of April Fool's joke every year. I think this is the first year there was none, or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Last year the april fools joke was that there was none, and everyone was looking for it.. So I'd say 2 years of no jokes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
And I seem to recall that people weren't exactly happy with the admins when we did do jokes :unsure:

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought last year's april fools joke was Malte was gonna delete half the sections of the board, and only keep the LBT focused sections.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't remember that :p

(Moving this topic, this is not an lbt discussion)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vonboy is right. Last year Malte posted a thread in the Announcements section that the Arts and the Fridge and perhaps the Party Room sections will be deleted, and that all non-LBT discussions will be moved to After Midnight. I figured out it was a joke because I thought that deleting the Arts section would be absurd. Still, I did post that where there was smoke there was fire, because at the time the LBT sections were very quiet and it seemed possible to me that the Party Room and the Fridge could be deleted. The thread got deleted on 2nd April, so that's why many members missed that joke.

2010 was the year with no April fool's jokes.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Yes I do remember a joke like that  a couple of years ago, there might be others even before I'd rather not talk about (forceful forgetting is a reason), but it is not bad that there are no April's fool jokes because some of us don't have that tradition and, honestly, I have seen how much of those jokes are just hurtful. It happened to me and many others in other webpages I visit, specially in those about modding of sci-fi games.

But I am glad that, in those pages, they learned their leasson (that almost teared that community apart) and this year's jokes were funny and made everybody to laugh.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I dunno. This community is very complicated, with many easily hurt members... I mean even saying that will probably hurt some members. We just stopped.

And Jansenov, I guess I missed 2011 completely? :P: That's alright :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, people get mad at the April Fools joke every year, and they even got mad when there wasn't one. Lots of people say that they violate the trust that has been built over the years or something like that. I just think people need to stop taking things seriously amd just enjoy some fun. I had loads of fun spreading rumors last year about the 'changes' Malte made to the forum, and I.was hoping to perpetuate whatever joke was playing this year.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 2 2012 on  07:54 PM
And Jansenov, I guess I missed 2011 completely? :P:  That's alright  :) 
Either that or my sarcasm detector broke down completely.   :smile

Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato, Apr 2 2012 on  10:51 PM
I just think people need to stop taking things seriously amd just enjoy some fun. I had loads of fun spreading rumors last year about the 'changes' Malte made to the forum, and I.was hoping to perpetuate whatever joke was playing this year.

I concur. We're made of flesh, not of sugar so a little water can melt us.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A simple solution is this: If you easily get offended, stay off the forum.  If you can take April Fool's, drop by and see what's going on :idea.

The worst joke by far was back in 2008, when the admins made it look like they took over the GOF and were going to file lawsuits against anyone who wrote fanfics, did fanart, or had made MVs.  I was new at the time and unfamiliar with how April Fool's works on the GOF, so I took it seriously :bang.  I don't like Universal for their support of SOPA or how they did the LBT series and fans dirty, so I definitely had a few things to say to them :p.

I was worried the next year and stayed off, only to find it wasn't nearly as bad :rolleyes.  I think if you play it safe and just expect a joke to be pulled, you'll handle it better :lol.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I try not to think about the April Fool's joke in 2008. Sometimes I still feel horrible about it, since I had participated in it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I forgot it was april first on the first, else I would have stayed off for the day.  I think I did the last few years.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Apr 3 2012 on  04:06 AM
A simple solution is this: If you easily get offended, stay off the forum.  If you can take April Fool's, drop by and see what's going on :idea.

The worst joke by far was back in 2008, when the admins made it look like they took over the GOF and were going to file lawsuits against anyone who wrote fanfics, did fanart, or had made MVs.  I was new at the time and unfamiliar with how April Fool's works on the GOF, so I took it seriously :bang.  I don't like Universal for their support of SOPA or how they did the LBT series and fans dirty, so I definitely had a few things to say to them :p.

I was worried the next year and stayed off, only to find it wasn't nearly as bad :rolleyes.  I think if you play it safe and just expect a joke to be pulled, you'll handle it better :lol.
And then to think that that wasn't even the actual joke, just something Tim made up to distract others from the actual joke... Which wasn't appreciated either :lol

Anyway I agree with CT. If you can't stand it, stay off the internet. I'm so used to april fools by now I suspect everything I see. As for the GoF, we'll see if we ever do anything for april fools again.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 2 2012 on  09:16 PM
I try not to think about the April Fool's joke in 2008. Sometimes I still feel horrible about it, since I had participated in it.
I wish I had been online, so I could have participated! But I was only a few months old then on this forum, and hardly ever checked it. I remember reading the recovery threads and kicking myself for not having taken a role perpetuating the joke.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 3 2012 on  12:54 AM
Anyway I agree with CT. If you can't stand it, stay off the internet.
CT didn't say that you should stay off the internet if you can't handle April Fools; she simply said stay off the forum.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't get offended by April Fool's jokes, but I just find the whole thing itself kind of pointless. I never really liked the idea of having one day where anybody could lie about something or make a joke about something and "get away with it" because it was April Fool's. Maybe lie is not the right word and I'm over exaggerating here.

Having said that, I do agree that people shouldn't take anything too seriously on April Fool's. I might be very hypocritical right now, but I hate seeing people getting so upset over something like that.

I remember the Universal joke in 2008. I was also brand new at the time, and I had a feeling it was a joke but at the same time I knew the type of power Universal has over it's franchises.

I think the next year was when two admins got in a huge verbal argument on the board over grammar, and it escalated into something really worse.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Apr 3 2012 on  02:48 PM
I think the next year was when two admins got in a huge verbal argument on the board over grammar, and it escalated into something really worse.
That was actually in the same year... And actually scared away some of our members.

@ DH, I know what she said. But what she said is in general terms applicable to the whole internet. After all, youtube, google and many other websites prank you as well.