The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Who owns SatAM MLP on VHS tapes beside me?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Are you talking about that horrible crappy show that came out in the 80's? nope not me. I hated that version. I felt embarrassed watching it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is that the G1 version some folks have mentioned?  Is that your favorite version of MLP?

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't care if it's some horrible crap.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Aug 28 2011 on  05:07 PM
Are you talking about that horrible crappy show that came out in the 80's?

I'm pretty sure I saw the movie with the character above me sometime in the 90's I forget when. Has anypony else seen the movie with this character? Also if it were not fot the 80's MLP FiM would not even exist.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
GOD That movie really sucked a lot. I mean really sucked. I hated it. It had stuff in there that shouldn't have been in there. That was a movie for little kids. And it had a lot of PG+ Material in there. I hated that show. I watched it when I was a young kid because I liked it back than now I realize how dumb I was for liking this crap. The new My Little Pony is ten times better than this horrible abomination. The songs made me wanna rip my ears off that is how horrible the songs are. God that was stupid. Putting young kids mixed with Ponies? Horrible. I never watched the show again. This is is my opinion. Everyone has a right to there opinion about a show.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've seen it.  It was one of the worst things I've ever made myself sit through.  I heard how horrible it was.  That's what made me wait so long before watching MLP:FiM.  I wanted to puke when I watched the intro.  And I thought the intro to MLP:FiM was bad!  I'd rather sit through Blues Clues and Care Bears than this.  I'm not saying those two shows are bad or anything, but they make me sick too.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Actually that movie, the one with the evil red centaur thing there, was good, better than some of the later MLP stuff that came out (with the exception of FiM of course). That movie...Escape From Midnight Mountain or something, was quite dark for MLP, even darker than FiM in my opinion for the most part, with the characters being captured by horrific creatures and transformed into such creatures themselves. While it still had goofy moments, it was handled more seriously than some MLP that came later. This was the first time MLP was ever adapted as an animation and it treated its audience more seriously compared to later MLP.

Now if you want an old MLP movie that was actually bad, try the one with the cat villain, or the one where that little girl pony ran away.

I'm not saying the very first movie was a masterpiece or anything. What I am saying is it isn't as bad as some of you might think it is. It's better than the other two MLP movies I mentioned by far, and it is the closest to FiM the old MLP ever got, in my opinion, in terms of taking the story seriously and not be focused on "I'm late for the party" or "I lost the gift!" premises.

Edit: I saw the name now. It was Rescue At Midnight Castle.