The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

character that look the same

rosie · 13 · 1858

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Are there characters that look too similar or are similar? :huh:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, In the TV series there are some I belive.
Littlefoot, Rhett and Ali kind of looks thesame. Same species.
Petire has his siblings, so does Ducky.

And we all know who looks similar in the sequals aswell.

But your question was: "look too similar?
I don't know.   :^.^:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't say any of the ones that I have seen look too similar. It's true that Ducky and her siblings look a lot a like, but you don't really see them at all, so it doesn't get too confusing.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Littlefoot, Rhett and Ali kind of looks thesame. Same species.

Littlefoot and Ret don't look even remotely alike.  Ret has some weird skin on his head and above his eyes that Littlefoot doesn't and I think Ret doesn't have his third color stretching out like Littlefoot's is.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The only ones that may look to similar are Ducky's sibblings, who are only really seen in the background and such like that.  Ali looks pretty similar to Littlefoot, at least to me.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Fair enough.
But, is there really any characters that look too alike?
I mean, it wasn't that hard to tell who was Ali and who was Littlefoot in LBT IV?
And true, it's not often you see Ducky's siblings etc.

In any case, it's nothing that has been bothering me.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, with Ducky's siblings they have shown some that do look exactly like her, but they are never named, nor given individual voices. At most you hear their voices as background sort of babble so it's hard to get them confused with Ducky.  I've not seen 12 so no idea about how they do Petrie's siblings there, but in the tv episode and at the end of the first movie I think they do look different from Petrie, or different enough to not get them confused.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 8 2008 on  01:27 PM
True, with Ducky's siblings they have shown some that do look exactly like her, but they are never named, nor given individual voices. At most you hear their voices as background sort of babble so it's hard to get them confused with Ducky.  I've not seen 12 so no idea about how they do Petrie's siblings there, but in the tv episode and at the end of the first movie I think they do look different from Petrie, or different enough to not get them confused.
I personly had no problem to tell Petrie from his siblings in LBTXII. (But I should not speak for everyone, ofcourse not.  :) )
Not only by appearence, but also by voice.
In swedish they sound so cool!  :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't have a problem telling Petrie from his siblings in the tv episode The Days of Rising Water.    I guess if they gave Ducky's siblings individual voices they'd always draw & color hers different then the way she looks.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 9 2008 on  11:24 AM
I didn't have a problem telling Petrie from his siblings in the tv episode The Days of Rising Water.    I guess if they gave Ducky's siblings individual voices they'd always draw & color hers different then the way she looks.
Yeah, I belive so to.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
So far I haven't seen any two characters (that is dinosaurs with a speaking role) which looked so alike that I got confused about who was who. As far as I am concerned this makes them different enough.
However, I have been thinking a lot about a story about Ducky and one of her twins who looks and sounds so identical that only Spike (who can't tell anyone) can tell the two apart :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is an interesting idea.  I sorta did that with my oc of Diver, but not fully.  They do look exactly alike but if one of them is talking you can tell the difference since they talk in a similar, but not identical fashion.  But another of her siblings who talked exactly like Ducky would be very hard to tell the difference, if it were possible, for anyone not one of their family like Spike is, & one of their own siblings and parents.