The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The water gets murkier and murkier...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
On one side you have Tim who got a great break and was accepted to work just yesterday.  :)

Then come to my side....my quest for my full time summer job just got murkier yet...the one I've been relying on might have just gone down the drain.  Not because I'm not a good employee or anything, but I called today to check up on how its going and I was told even if the school budget passes for the district, they still may not even hire anyone for the summer.  -_-  :(  I'm still am trying but I really was hoping there was more assurance on the passing of that budget.

Here's hoping that some of the other places I've applied to respond.  I've done just about anything you can imagine, so I'm not too picky when it comes to what I do for work when you need to pay off all that student debt.  :P:

Keep your paws crossed for ol' Adam now.  :D  It worked for Tim.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The paws are crossed, Adam! B)

I am sorry to hear about your lack of success so far.  Is there a shortage of jobs over there right now?  Around here, one can wander around the city and see Help Wanted and similar signs fairly often.

I can't believe that someone like you couldn't find a summer job.  If I ran an online business, I'd hire you right now! :D

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Lol, same problem over here, I'm looking for a part-time, and even that is hard to find, the most wanted stuff are caffes, and they're all "booked" :D I'm gonna wait out 'till the end of my exams and then try to find something, even if I have to go to a fish factory, pocket money is very good =p
You're probably looking for a more serious job, well the only advice I can give you is don't travel abroad, you'll have more luck around there
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
^ Hard to believe, but yes, it's not a very....busy section of NY I'm in.  So yeah, come summer its really hard.  Usually around Christmas you can do pretty well since many places need temporary workers.  I checked the census for my town out for the heck of it, and considering the median household income (1999 statistics, but I can tell you it hasn't gone much of anywhere since then) is $29,000 approx.  Most of the area is in services, so there's only so much to go around.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
Quote from: RogerRabbit,Jun 9 2006 on  11:38 AM
Keep your paws crossed for ol' Adam now.  :D  It worked for Tim.
hhmm I don't exactly have paws but would three digit claws work?

I hope it works out for you Adam.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Well, the water has cleared a bit as the second budget did pass...barely....992 to 939 votes, and that's about only 12% of those registered.  Seems like people took it for granted again....but the nearly 50-50 split isn't surprising.  People are pissed off with tax hikes...big ones too, and they get no say in those.  Many want to dissolve our village anyway to save whatever money we can, and I wouldn't mind.  It doesn't work like it once used to.

So anyway, yes, my chances have improved a bit of getting a call now provided the people agree to hire me, but at least now I have a chance. :)  We're getting there....

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
And the good news FINALLY comes...I can start on Wednesday.  B)  B)  It took a bit of waiting but I still got my full time job...the real scary thing is no other place ever called saying they were even interested.  :unsure:

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
*grunts, elites, hunters, and marines clap for adam* good deal bubba. :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And the good news FINALLY comes...I can start on Wednesday.   It took a bit of waiting but I still got my full time job...
Ahh, congrats Adam! :wow  I hope it all works out well for you.