The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Synonymous Quote Game

action9000 · 215 · 36518

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
LBT Quote Game too easy?
I thought of an idea for a variation of the LBT Quote Game for all the Quote Veterans out there! The idea is simple:

On the player's turn, he/she writes a quote or part of a quote from an LBT movie, in an Alternate Form.  The words used in the clue must have the same meanings as the words used in the original quote.  the respondant must give the answer with the original quote (preferrably exactly accurate to the original, but it is up to the choice of the questioneer how close it must be), the film it's in, and who spoke the line.  Preferrably, give the scene where the quote occurs as well.

For example:

A variety of objects are to be observed with your optic receptors, whereas other amenities are meant to be spotted by your vascular organ.

The answer to this clue is:
"Some things you see with your eyes.  Others, you see with your heart." Spoken by Littlefoot's mother in LBT 1.

Another example:
Affirmative.  Not possible.  Perhaps.

The answer is
"Yes. No. Maybe"  
from LBT 8, spoken by Cera, Littlefoot, and Petrie, when they are about to leave the Great valley to find Ducky.

As you can see, it requires some thinking on the part of the question writer. :P:
See how this one works?  What do you think of this game?  I'll start:
Spike was able to locate it!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
vascular organ
:lol Littlefoot already said "I don't understand" the way his mother said it. I can imagine the blank look if she had said it the way you put it. "Come again?"

Spike was able to locate it!
"Spike finded it!"?
Ducky says this in LBT 5 when he spotted the island.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Myself has been rendered incapable of altering by too much progress in terms of time.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I am small."?
Spoken by Littlefoot in LBT 11, after his Grandpa helps him get over the little cliff.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nope. Read closely what the quote says.  :)
It seems to be the (entertaining) point of the game to use terms which, while being synonymous shroud the meaning of a sentence rather than making it clearer. I love this game. Good idea Tim!  :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
It could be a Petrie quote since it starts with "myself".  Which quote is beyond me.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Keep in mind that we are to alter the quotes from the way they appear in the movie. Myself is not the word used in the movie. What does the quote tell you? Once you know that, there is only one possible counterpart in the series.
It is not a Petrie quote.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hmm... interesting twist on the good ol' LBT Quote game. I'm gonna take a stab at this and say:

It's Doc from LBT 6. The true line being "My footsteps were planted on the wandering trail long ago...I'm too old to change now."

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Correct Jason!
"I'm too old to change now" is the part I "translated". The funniest thing about it is that there are so many more possibilities to translate it into something that sounds... incomprehensible ;)
Your turn :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey cool! First time winner! LOL :DD

OK here goes:

"One does make a very interesting and accurate highlight of current affairs"

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, ok I have a guess:
"The threehorn speaks the truth!"
LBT 3, spoken by another adult after the fire in the great valley.

I may be waaay off, but it's the best I can come up with right now.  This game is tough! :P:  If I'm wrong, we may need a hint! :p

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That wasnt the one I was thinking of Action. If you need a clue here's some to get ya thinkin'

It's from LBT 7...and one of the gang members says it  ;)

That should help you out

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
okey dokey, here's another shot in the dark!  :lol

Petrie: "You right about that!" while he and Pterano are talking about their exciting lives.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe this game would be easier if by default you told which movie it was from and maybe even another clue to go more in depth. Some of these are not so precise and could apply to more than one saying. I couldn't even begin to answer any of these! :slap But maybe that's just because of my lack of knowledge of the movies, as I haven't seen most of them in a long time.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Maybe this game would be easier if by default you told which movie it was from and maybe even another clue to go more in depth. Some of these are not so precise and could apply to more than one saying. I couldn't even begin to answer any of these! But maybe that's just because of my lack of knowledge of the movies, as I haven't seen most of them in a long time.
When I set up this game, I intended it to be for those people who perhaps considered the original 'quote game' too easy.  This is *supposed* to be hard!  Muahahaha :lol

I do like your idea though; perhaps if the clue giver adds clues after each wrong guess, it would help.  We actually have been doing that though; Littlefoot1616 stated that his clue is from LBT 7.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, maybe yea :P: I've never played the original one so I don't really know. But everyone seems to be doing well at this o.o God my head will explode if I try to figure one of these out! :wow

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah Action! I'll let you have that!

I was initially thinking of the scene where Cera complains about apparently always being the last one in line and normally suffers for it (which we know isn't normally the case).  :lol At that point, Petrie says "She do have point!"

Anyway, your turn Action...fire away!