The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Worst Dad Polls

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For me, that's Hyp's Father but others were just as bad. However, I think he got the weakest character improvement of them all...
Inactive, probably forever.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Hyp's dad, hands down. Shouldn't have included him, might've been an interesting discussion otherwise. :D

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I voted Topsy I'll say no more. Cause most of you know by now, but for any new comers. I HATE HIM!

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm thinking of voting for Bron.  What kind of dad is he?  At least Topps and Hyp's dad didn't go off adventuring for many cold times.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Feb 26 2015 on  01:07 AM
I'm thinking of voting for Bron.  What kind of dad is he?  At least Topps and Hyp's dad didn't go off adventuring for many cold times.
Going away to search for a good place to live alone, not to endanger your pregnant wife doesn't sound too "bad" to me. And he did try to track Littlefoot.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
My vote is for Topsy (Mr. Threehorn). He teaches his daughter to be a bigot and racist, “threehorns don’t play with longnecks.” Had Cera obeyed, she wound have possibly perished in the Mysterious Beyond (first movie), Sharptooth would have lived (Cera was the final member of Gang that made the rock fall on Sharptooth), and she would have missed out on life long friendships. Topsy adds more fuel to the fire in LBTIII during the drought, becomes Water Naziasaurus, and forbids Cera from playing with Littlefoot again because he’s a “water waster.”

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Hard for me to choose between Mr. Threehorn and Hyp's dad. They're practically personality clones of each other! Guess I have to pick Hyp's dad just because he's had less development.

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Forget about worst dad trophy. The entire Great Valley deserves the trophy of being the worst parents ever. :longneckBRUH

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Forget about worst dad trophy. The entire Great Valley deserves the trophy of being the worst parents ever. :longneckBRUH

Haha! That's true...none of them are watching their kids half as closely as they should be! Watching Journey to Big Water again the other day, I realized that even though the grown-ups weren't able to find the kids in the aftermath of the earthshake, the parents were all back in the valley when the Gang of Five returned--meaning they gave up and went back home without finding their kids. Nice! :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Haha! That's true...none of them are watching their kids half as closely as they should be! Watching Journey to Big Water again the other day, I realized that even though the grown-ups weren't able to find the kids in the aftermath of the earthshake, the parents were all back in the valley when the Gang of Five returned--meaning they gave up and went back home without finding their kids. Nice! :p

That is so true. The parents and grandparents are constantly losing the Gang; worse they don’t seem to notice they’re gone for hours to days. The only exceptions were LBT II when the parents did notice the Gang had waundered into the Mysterious Beyond, and then JOTB Grandpa and Topps go looking for the Gang of Five with Chomper and Ruby. Are there any other times the parents went looking for the Gang outside the Valley?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

That is so true. The parents and grandparents are constantly losing the Gang; worse they don’t seem to notice they’re gone for hours to days. The only exceptions were LBT II when the parents did notice the Gang had waundered into the Mysterious Beyond, and then JOTB Grandpa and Topps go looking for the Gang of Five with Chomper and Ruby. Are there any other times the parents went looking for the Gang outside the Valley?

In IX, the parents had been looking for the Gang after the earthshake...but by the time the kids return home, all their parents have gone back there already. :sducky What, they decided their children were a lost cause?
I suppose I have to give Grandpa Longneck points for showing up to Littlefoot's rescue towards the end of VI, though. :wise The climax of VII similarly had Petrie's mom (plus One Big Flyer) fly in to help the kids escape from Threehorn Peak. Those are about the only examples I can think of where the parents (or grandparents) went after the kids, though--and they were cutting things pretty close! Hmm, I guess at least everyone noticed their kids were gone in film V. Not that that's saying much. :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

In IX, the parents had been looking for the Gang after the earthshake...but by the time the kids return home, all their parents have gone back there already. :sducky What, they decided their children were a lost cause?
I suppose I have to give Grandpa Longneck points for showing up to Littlefoot's rescue towards the end of VI, though. :wise The climax of VII similarly had Petrie's mom (plus One Big Flyer) fly in to help the kids escape from Threehorn Peak. Those are about the only examples I can think of where the parents (or grandparents) went after the kids, though--and they were cutting things pretty close! Hmm, I guess at least everyone noticed their kids were gone in film V. Not that that's saying much. :p

Great points. This reminds me I need to do an LBTathon when I can afford it. I want to buy all the films digitally as well as the series.

As for worst Dad, interestingly only Topps and Hyp’s dad are really the only contenders. Ducky & Spike only has her mom, Petrie only has his mom,  and Littlefoot has a great dad in Born; unless you want to argue Bron is more dedicated to his herd. Perhaps Chomper’s dad? Except he’s just being a normal Sharptooth and he came to find his son in LBTII.

P

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Great points. This reminds me I need to do an LBTathon when I can afford it. I want to buy all the films digitally as well as the series.

As for worst Dad, interestingly only Topps and Hyp’s dad are really the only contenders. Ducky & Spike only has her mom, Petrie only has his mom,  and Littlefoot has a great dad in Born; unless you want to argue Bron is more dedicated to his herd. Perhaps Chomper’s dad? Except he’s just being a normal Sharptooth and he came to find his son in LBTII.

P
Hm, I guess you're right, we have hardly any dads to work with here. :olittlefoot  Hyp's dad, Mr. Threehorn, Bron, Chomper's dad, and Big Daddy are the only dads in the whole series...strange, now that you mention it. As if that's not enough of a slap in the face to dads, half the characters in that group are pretty poor fathers... :p

I agree that Bron is a pretty great dad. He might not have stayed with Littlefoot in the end, but hey, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. We haven't seen enough of him interacting with his herd to know how much they depend on him. Plus, at least he comes by the valley to visit.

Chomper's dad also is a great parent, at least from a sharptooth point of view. :lol He'll fight an entire valley to look for his son. Besides, we can tell from film V that both Chomper's parents check in on their kid more often than anyone in the valley does with theirs!

Big Daddy is in sort of a gray area, I guess. He could be pretty controlling of his kids in his distrust towards "the big ones." In the end, though...well, his suspicions were basically right. The little longnecks were forced out of their home because Littlefoot used them as a scapegoat (ugh).

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I have a theory Bron represents a military or traveling dad. There are children who have to cope with a parent who spends a lot of time away and I think that justifies Bron.

You are right about Chomper’s Dad, he fought almost every Great Valley parent to find Chomper. :lol

Big Daddy was eh.. a sterotype I rather not talk about. :o 

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have a theory Bron represents a military or traveling dad. There are children who have to cope with a parent who spends a lot of time away and I think that justifies Bron.

You are right about Chomper’s Dad, he fought almost every Great Valley parent to find Chomper. :lol

Big Daddy was eh.. a sterotype I rather not talk about. :o

I think that Bron theory is exactly right. :yes That was what I always assumed the movie was intending, too.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Topps vs Hyp’s Dad, both are bigots. But Mr. Threehorn has evolved (even of its slow) over time. We really only het to see Hyp’s Dad in one film. My vote is still Topps, because he tends to find ways to be a pain in the dino behind.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It can be argued that Hyp's dad isn't a good parent, Threehorn shows him the error of his ways, and he helped saved the day while the other adults were incapacitated. Though he was underdeveloped. XP Topps also developed throughout the series into being a better parent himself... Though movie XI backpedaled into making him the antagonist, which is one reason why I dislike the movie. Big Daddy is another one of those reasons. Just like RainbowFaceProtege said he was pretty strict and he immediately assumed the Tinysaurses brought Littlefoot in during their first meeting, with his daughter, Lizzie, being forefront of the scolding (I want to HC that he is even more strict with her as he wants her to lead the Tinysaurses in case he couldn't, but I don't remeber the movie doing anything like that). Lizzie even suggests that he needs someone in his life like a partner, which never happens (It could so that Cera could get along with Tria, but still) I don't even think he learned not to be less strict towards the others in the end.  :areyouserious At least Hyp's dad was taught a proper lesson. So If I had to chose worse daddy, it be Big Daddy. (lol.  :bestsharptooth)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It can be argued that Hyp's dad isn't a good parent, Threehorn shows him the error of his ways, and he helped saved the day while the other adults were incapacitated. Though he was underdeveloped. XP Topps also developed throughout the series into being a better parent himself... Though movie XI backpedaled into making him the antagonist, which is one reason why I dislike the movie. Big Daddy is another one of those reasons. Just like RainbowFaceProtege said he was pretty strict and he immediately assumed the Tinysaurses brought Littlefoot in during their first meeting, with his daughter, Lizzie, being forefront of the scolding (I want to HC that he is even more strict with her as he wants her to lead the Tinysaurses in case he couldn't, but I don't remeber the movie doing anything like that). Lizzie even suggests that he needs someone in his life like a partner, which never happens (It could so that Cera could get along with Tria, but still) I don't even think he learned not to be less strict towards the others in the end.  :areyouserious At least Hyp's dad was taught a proper lesson. So If I had to chose worse daddy, it be Big Daddy. (lol.  :bestsharptooth)

That's one of the reasons LBT XI has got to be my least favorite of the series...the characterization of Mr. Threehorn and Big Daddy is just no good. But, hey, I guess that's to be expected from the movie that gave us a song about how dads stink! :p