The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ending words of LBT 13

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've just watched LBT 13 for the third time, and I don't like the ending by the narrarator.  He actually says "the land before time" and it's sorta cheesy to me.  You're not supposed to say the name of the movie in the movie!  That's weird. :blink: I've liked all of the conclusions by the narrarator so far, but I have a distaste for the ending words of LBT 13.  It didn't exactly conclude the movie very well, nor did it have any real significance like the ending words of all the other sequels did.  What are your thoughts on this?

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 6 2007 on  09:19 PM
I've just watched LBT 13 for the third time, and I don't like the ending by the narrarator.  He actually says "the land before time" and it's sorta cheesy to me.  You're not supposed to say the name of the movie in the movie!  That's weird. :blink: I've liked all of the conclusions by the narrarator so far, but I have a distaste for the ending words of LBT 13.  It didn't exactly conclude the movie very well, nor did it have any real significance like the ending words of all the other sequels did.  What are your thoughts on this?
isn't it Ingle? The Land Before Time seemed a little odd... almost like a finale.... however... there was also a more learned caption of some sort, so I'm sure it's just what the writers decided, however if it's repeated then that may be annoying... however... the opening of the last two was "Our world has existed for billions of years"

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 6 2007 on  10:19 PM
You're not supposed to say the name of the movie in the movie!
Since when was this a rule?

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I've heard it several times, I mean, using the logic you present, NO PokÈmon movie has "done it right"

and... any movie with peoples' names in the title is doing it wrong too...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
That is entirely dependent on how the film's title is used within the actual dialogue. For example, they couldn't very well not use the words "Jurassic Park" in Jurassic Park, now could they? But yeah, in this instance, it was definitely cheesy.

No, I don't think this will be the end of the series. Even if it doesn't make the money it used to, as long as profits come of it, LBT sequels will be made.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do agree, they will likely have more movies.   Saying the name of the movie like they did may fit in with the more goofiness of the movie.  I've not seen it yet so can't fully say.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I'll have to see the movie for myself to make a clear opinion (I just saw TLBT12 this week so it may be a while until I get to see the new one) but maybe it was trying to get some  more significance to the ending narration, it is known that sometimes they use the title in a dialogue, it even happened in Star Trek (First Contact) and it was very cool indeed.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
it even happened in Star Trek (First Contact) and it was very cool indeed.

Really?  I don't remember that. :p

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Sorry to go off-topic for a bit but in Star Trek: First Contact, commander Riker and his team were convincing Zephram Cochrane to make it's warp flight, and then this character realize that they are not what they seem by saying: "You are all astronauts... in some kind of star trek". B)
 Well that worked very well, but I could only see if it works well for TLBT13 only whenever I am able to see the movie, but I don't think there are any hidden secrets and I bet they'll keep making more movies.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They tried to make it fit in, but it really didn't.  I suppose the narrator saying it is better than one of the characters, but it was kinda strange...

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, I just need to see the movie then, I just hope it won't take a year or so :lol .

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*Moved to Sequelitis*

I must admit, I was surprised to hear these words spoken at the end of LBT 13.  Whether or not it was good or bad, it sounded like a conclusion of sorts, moreso than many previous films.  I really didn't give it much thought other than "Hey, they actually referrred to the title for the first time!"

I don't think it seemed out of place and I was actually plesantly surprised more than I was distraught by the use of this phrase in the narration.

steetboris

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Ow...This could explain this. Maybe they really plans it to be the final sequel, after all...
(see the message I posted in the LBT 14 topic for info)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
If this is the ending they had planned for the series, then they sure left us with a huge disappointment, especially with the whole TV series plot-hole.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Dec 21 2007 on  07:54 PM

*Moved to Sequelitis*

I'm just curious, where is that thread? XD I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find it :p

I must admit, I was surprised to hear these words spoken at the end of LBT 13.  Whether or not it was good or bad, it sounded like a conclusion of sorts, moreso than many previous films.  I really didn't give it much thought other than "Hey, they actually referrred to the title for the first time!"

I don't think it seemed out of place and I was actually plesantly surprised more than I was distraught by the use of this phrase in the narration.

I wasn't surprised, I expected that cheesy ending from that particular sequel. It just fit I think, since the plot was pretty cheesy.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sequelitis was a subforum earlier, but because all the lbtrelated stuff went inthere (not about the first movie/tv series)... Malte decided to make it LBT General. So it's actually where you posted this..  :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If it is a cheesy movie (I've not seen 12 nor 13 so can't give any personal opinions) maybe a cheesy ending fits a cheesy movie.   Though if there'll be a 14 depends on if some higher up at Universal thinks they can still make a profit.  That is, sadly, what it often boils down to.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 14 2008 on  09:09 PM
Sequelitis was a subforum earlier, but because all the lbtrelated stuff went inthere (not about the first movie/tv series)... Malte decided to make it LBT General. So it's actually where you posted this..  :lol
Alrighty!  :lol:

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
The reason why i thiught it ended like this is because i think the reason why the name of the movie was said in the movie was because The Land Before Time is the name of the world that the dinosaurs live in i think so, but it was a little funny how the name of the movie was said in 13 i dont think it was said in other Land Before Time movies. :)

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
The Neverending Story is a good example too (the original) the name comes from the book that is being read, and the childlike Empress uses the title in a very creative way.

I do agree though, The Land Before Time using the title openly can be a bit cheese ball'ish... but as the sequels have been as of late, we should learn to expect the cheese