The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

does ghosts exist in the land before time?

kjeldo · 20 · 2228

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Never heard of them, but we know of strange things happening in LBT, like the Rainbow Faces and Littlefoot's Mom "apparitions" during the first movie

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Do they exist in our world?
If you can give a definite and unquestionable answer on this question I suppose you know the answer for the land before time as well. Do we need to know whether or not they exist? ;)

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, it may add a very interesting addition to a fanfic if done well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Part of if they do exist or not is you have to decide if the first movie is fully cannon with the rest of the series or not.    At least in the first movie it is possible for those who are dead to communicate with those they have a close emotional tie to.  But it must be, perhaps, only certain people can, unless one says Cera's mother was alive at the end of the first movie.    Also the star that is shining brighter in mysterious island while Littlefoot sings, could be just a star or planet shinning brighter or maybe something more.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, then that means the answer is in what you believe. But I may say a brighter star, we can see them too, out neighbor planets can be far more shining (under certain circumstances more than normal) than the real stars, or maybe just some addition to make the scene to have more meaning.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, that is one of those scenes one can interpret in many ways.  It's nice to have scenes like that once in a while.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I suppose a better question would be to ask "do the characters even believe in such things as ghosts"?  We don't even know if they exist here.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, there is no way to know if the characters believe in that unless the subject is treated in the serie and/or a movie. As for strange happening in our actual world, I've seen things, but since I am a scientinst in training I cannot really tell you... and I think nobody could ever tell for certain unless you can experiment the phenomenon yourself.
 But, as I said, it can add some cool additions to a plot in fanfics.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I don¥t believe in ghosts and I don¥t think that any ghosts existed in the land before time movies. It has all to do with the believe of ourselfes. If we want that there is anything strange like ghosts than we see them. And if not, than we don¥t see them. I don¥t really can explain it. It¥s hard to explain, special because I saw things by my own which I can not explain myself.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I'm a true believer of the paranormal, and I've always had a huge fascination and curiosity of it.

the closest thing I've seen of spirit activity in the LBT series is Littlefoot's mother who communicated with him from the afterlife. Yes, that counts as paranormal, supernatural, and spiritual activity.

Littlefoot's mother is a ghost =)

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
well, in this point I disagree with you. The voice of his mother was just in his mind I think and the picture of her in the water of the treestar was just shown that younger ones understand.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
That was a very unnatural cloud formation that formed near the end of the original movie, especially alongside the voice of Littlefoot's mother. At least there's a bit of a chance that voice could have just be a figment of Littlefoot's imagination, but the clouds....

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In fanfictions, their existence depends on the writer and his/her ideas.

In the movies, there haven't been any sightings of actaul ghosts. There have been paranormal occurrences in the first movie, but that is as far as it ever went.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'm with lbt/cty lover,

In fanfics the existence of the supernatural varies depending on the writers and their ideas.

In the canon... this is debatable but I'd say there are some supernatural occurances (Cloud formation in 1st movie, Rainbow Faces in LBT 7).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just want to state that the Rainbow Faces were in LBT 7, not LBT 9.

Also, they were not supernatural. Alien appearance is not supernatural.

You also forgot one thing: remember when Littlefoot was looking into his treestar shortly after his mother died?

That could be debated as supernatural.

I have one question: what would be the purpose of supernatural activity in the Land Before Time?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Jan 15 2008 on  07:25 PM
I have one question: what would be the purpose of supernatural activity in the Land Before Time?
To be honest, I don't know. Perhaps to add an air of mystery?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I agree that in some cases the air of mystery probably plays a role in the decision on what is put into LBT and what is not. Recently there was a discussion on mysteriousness in LBT which might be continued. However, I don't think that the air of mystery alone is a satisfactory explanation for Littlefoot's contact with his mother in the original movie. The message there seems to be aimed much more at emotion than at mystery. I suppose if one really wanted to one might discard Littlefoot's contact with his mother as a "trick of his mind in combination with some lucky coincidences" but does anyone really wish for such a scientific explanation for what has been labeled the voice of Littlefoot's heart? I don't.
The purpose of the rainbowfaces in LBT 7 was probably based on very different "reasons" than Littlefoot's contact with his mother in the original movie. Their air of mystery was in my opinion sort of disenchanted through their departure which traded the mystery for fans' fantasies of spacebattles and stories that belong into another genre...
Doc in LBT 6 used to be mysterious and it was a somewhat emotional kind of mysteriousness as well (more so than in case of the rainbowfaces). I'm told though that one of the TV series ends the myth by just making it plain and unquestionable that he is the lone dinosaur of the legend, full stop <_<