The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Return to the darker feel of LBT 1?

Serris · 29 · 3713

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some very true points you raised and pointed out.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i love the first one just the way it is i like the cute warm feeling i get at the end part and the sad journey to the valley part. I think that it should be mixed with both because it should not just be one way and not the other i like the land before time being cute and i do like a little of the dark feeling it gives me when something scary is about to happen it dose get a little exciting there. both are good for me as long as it is the land before time than i like it. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think a mix of both is best since it enhances and improves the story I think.  Though each movie or story doesn't need to be exactly 50/50.  Some could have more of one then the other.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i agree with that not all should have the same feeling every time in every movie.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, some darker and some lighter.  That could keep things interesting and would make sense to me.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I think Roy Allan Smith did a good job in 2-4 mixing the lighter and darker elements. Everything up to 4 was great. And then Grosvner came in with 5. It wasn't god-awful, seeing as Roy Allan Smith was still partly working on it, but it was a sudden and unexpected drop from where things had been. And then with 6 everything went downhill. 10 years ago, when movie 8 had just been released, I would have said "mixing the lighter and darker elements" (which I voted for before thinking) but after how bad wisdom of friends was, I think we NEED to return to the feel of LBT 1. That is, if LBT still continues to exist.  :unsure:

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Funny, it's been nearly 2 years since I made the last post in this topic.

I feel we'd need to return to the feel of the first movie if the franchise were to revive. I know it's all impossible, but it's the only way I would forgive Universal for WOF.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree, Bruton. Though I both like the darker and the lighter sequels.

I think it would be almost impossible to think of an idea that is as dark or even darker the LBT 1 and still appropriate for kids at that.

All fanfiction ideas I had so far (and RPs, too) are rather dark I guess... though I try to mix in funny and less serious scenes as well :)

Anyway, I voted for a mixture since I both enjoy dark and light scenes and I also think the mixture in LBT 2-4 was pretty good.
Inactive, probably forever.