The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discussion of "A sudden change of species"

Ducky123 · 283 · 25967

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pterano: If you like me to fill in for the time being, then I will do so. If there's no inspiration/motivation/time on your end currently, that's totally understandable as I've already said :yes It's just a suggestion of course...

3500th Post...
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Goods posts everyone! :yes It's finally beginning to become enjoyable, yep, yep, yep! The current situation is a good situation for single Rpers working together (as has been done already by some of you :)). If you have an idea concerning your character that include other characters (like if rhombus would like Spike to interact with Ducky ;)) then message the person playing the character(s). It's only a suggestion though and the reason as for why I will wait with my post for now :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been just reminded by vonboy that the grown-ups wake up from the warning of Mama Flyer and... are worried. I think they should meet up at the Rock Circle, discussing/arguing as usual and then deciding to comb through the valley.
The Gang (Petrie should return to them) continues trying to convince Chomper of their identity and then Petrie arrives and tells them what happened and then they decide to hide somewhere. The place from LBT 2 seems well suited. Eventually, Mama Flyer spots them from the air and the Gang takes the escape route Ozzy and Strut used in LBT 2.

How does this rough plan sound? :)

EDIT: For all who don't remember who they are playing as: Click here!
Click here!

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
That idea sounds okay to me  :) Mama flyer saw Petrie flying away, so it would make sense that she knows the general direction they'd be in.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sounds like a good plan.  :yes I might submit another post tonight of Petrie's mom emitting the alarm call and trying to alert the adults of the direction where Petrie flew off.

Update: On second thought I will wait until some of the others have had a chance to post.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just realized I have got Grandma too,that I can work with.

I was thinking maybe I could try and get Littlefoot try to talk to Chomper more,or at least kinda freak out when he realize the the fastbiters are the rest of the gang,but now not so sure if it will be needed.

Also,Zimba is Grandpa. Would you like me to remind her about it? I think Zimmy has forgotten since she actually hasn't got a turn in this RP at all. Poor Zimmy.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That idea sounds okay to me smile.gif Mama flyer saw Petrie flying away, so it would make sense that she knows the general direction they'd be in.
Indeed. So changing location can save them for some more time that they an use to cope with their change... or learning how to walk for those who haven't been two-footers previously :p
Besides, they have a pretty good view on things from up there :yes

Update: On second thought I will wait until some of the others have had a chance to post.
Yeah, give the Gang some more time... at least until Chomper is convinced of the identity of the fastbiters surrounding him :p

I just realized I have got Grandma too,that I can work with.
That's why I put the link to the character list there ;) I didn't know which parent I was playing either until I checked (Mama Swimmer yay! :D).

I was thinking maybe I could try and get Littlefoot try to talk to Chomper more,or at least kinda freak out when he realize the the fastbiters are the rest of the gang,but now not so sure if it will be needed.
Sounds good to me :) Freaking out is totally appropriate in such a situation :p Imagine you are changed into a spider. I reckon you'd freak out too :smile

Also,Zimba is Grandpa. Would you like me to remind her about it? I think Zimmy has forgotten since she actually hasn't got a turn in this RP at all. Poor Zimmy.
Yes, I was going to ask you to do this but you were quicker than me :p It's probably best if you two work together a little. Zimmy has also Tria if I recall correctly. Ask her if she still wants to play her as well because I seem to remember that Tria was kind of left so she took her. She would have to work together with the one playing Topsy (don't remember who it is right now).

Also, this goes to all concerned mothers here: When heading to the Rock Circle, bring the children along. Or the Gang might catch a few of them while nobody is looking  :lol

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh yeah,I checked and I indeed have both Grandpa and Tria.

vonboy has Topsy acording to the list I'm sure we can work together just fine.

Nahla and will will be just fine,and since her and me talk to each other all the time as it is,it'll be easy for us to discuss the Grandparents interactions with each other and their reactions to what happened to Littlefoot.Plus she and I are the only girls in this group,girls need to stick together (joking)

I do think Grandma would be the more  emotional one out of the two while Grandpa would have to be the one who has the seem to remain strong. But I'll have to talk to Nahla about that.

Since in the real world females tend to me more  emotional.

And that is coming from a woman,we tend to be more  emotional and protecting so I feel the loss of her grandson would hit Grandma harder then Grandpa. But like I said,that is Nahla's choice.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd be happy to work something out with you concerning Topsy and and the grownups. You on skype much?

I could play Mr. Thichnose a little with the other grownups, too. I mean, gotta get some use out of him before we kill him off. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do think Grandma would be the more emotional one out of the two while Grandpa would have to be the one who has the seem to remain strong. But I'll have to talk to Nahla about that.

Since in the real world females tend to me more emotional.

And that is coming from a woman,we tend to be more emotional and protecting so I feel the loss of her grandson would hit Grandma harder then Grandpa. But like I said,that is Nahla's choice.
True, Grandma is more emotional. Grandpa is usually the one arguing with Mr. Threehorn/Topsy while Grandma, if doing anything at all, is only supporting her mate. Tria is a little more likely to make points of her own (which could quite possibly contradict Topsy's :p)

I could play Mr. Thichnose a little with the other grownups, too. I mean, gotta get some use out of him before we kill him off. dino_tongue.gif
Agreed!  :exactly I'll add him to the character list.

EDIT: How about Guido waking up from Mama Flyer's call, bushwacked?

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
How about Guido waking up from Mama Flyer's call, bushwacked?
Yeppers, sounds good. I'll maybe wait for another post or two before I go again if it doesn't take too long, just so as much can be said as possible before they feel they need to run.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just thought I'd mention, earlier today I had an idea for a plot point that could happen later on in the story. Since the main group is going to meet Redclaw somehow, I thought it might be an interesting situation if, once he realises the pack is actually the gang, Redclaw starts trying to use them as his way into the Valley, since they'd know all the entrances, ways in and stuff like that. Could lead to some pretty cool parts where the characters are having to question where their loyalties lie and all that.

Just an idea for later, thought I'd see what you guys thought about it  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, that'll work :yes

It'd be like Redclaw telling them either to work together with him, which would mean telling him about the secrets of the Great Valley and of course doing the "Dirty jobs" for him like killing Sharpteeth he hates, or to feel his insatiable rage --> death.
That would certainly prove to be a very interesting scene ^^

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Aug 13 2014 on  11:11 PM
I'd be happy to work something out with you concerning Topsy and and the grownups. You on skype much?

If you mean me,Rarely,I'm only on during the afternoons in Australia which would be in the middle of the night/ early morning for you..I think.

If we need to discuss something your best off just pming me on here to be honest,it'll be slower but this way we won't have to worry about the massive timezone difference.

Nahla and I are currently trying to decide what we can do with Grandma and Grandpa,we'll let you know when we figure something out so you can see and tell us it's all okay.

And I like the Red Claw thing ^^,though I really have no say in it since I only play as adults that stay in the valley.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Zimba,Aug 13 2014 on  06:32 PM
Quote from: vonboy,Aug 13 2014 on  11:11 PM

If you mean me,Rarely,I'm only on during the afternoons in Australia which would be in the middle of the night/ early morning for you..I think.

If we need to discuss something your best off just pming me on here to be honest,it'll be slower but this way we won't have to worry about the massive timezone difference.
That won't be problem for me, then. I work a graveyard shift job, so I'm always up in the middle of the night/early morning hours. Also, PMing me would beaproblem, since It'salwsy so full. I always have to go through and delete stuff, and I just don't like doing that. Some of those PM's  I wanna keep to look back at later. :/

We wouldn't have to be at the same time on skype, either. You could leave me a message on there, and I could get back to it later.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Aug 14 2014 on  12:01 PM

That won't be problem for me, then. I work a graveyard shift job, so I'm always up in the middle of the night/early morning hours. Also, PMing me would beaproblem, since It'salwsy so full. I always have to go through and delete stuff, and I just don't like doing that. Some of those PM's  I wanna keep to look back at later. :/

We wouldn't have to be at the same time on skype, either. You could leave me a message on there, and I could get back to it later.
Well now I feel stupid,I did not think of that..pfft.

Search up equussarah the one person who comes up is me.

Also acording to the list,theres no Tricia. . Shouldn't she be in a least one scene or something since she is Cera's sister and Tria and Topsy's daughter?

Just a suggestion,bring Tricia for a bit,I do think she'll be pretty upset over her big sister. But you guys can choose that,it's already clear I'm far from the smartest in the group.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Is there anybody volunteering to play her? I really like the idea of Tricia trying to figure out what happened :smile Whoever wants to play her would have to decide whether Tricia is already capable of talking (or doing some "baby-talking" at least ^^). She could even play a role later in the RP... Maybe doing things together with Guido? Guido seemed to be quite fond of her in LBT12 after all :DD

Also, PMing me would beaproblem, since It'salwsy so full. I always have to go through and delete stuff, and I just don't like doing that. Some of those PM's I wanna keep to look back at later. :/
Yeah, I always have to do that as well  <_< I'm copying the messages into Microsoft Word and collect them in a file... Those I want to keep at least.  

And I like the Red Claw thing ^^,though I really have no say in it since I only play as adults that stay in the valley.
Everybody has a say here btw ;) If you have an idea concerning other characters than the one(s) you are controlling, feel free to speak up your mind :smile

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
She could even play a role later in the RP... Maybe doing things together with Guido? Guido seemed to be quite fond of her in LBT12 after all dino_happier.gif
Sure, I wouldn't mind having Guido work with her somehow  :yes Maybe we could have it so she's slightly older, could make slightly more sense if she's going to be trying to find her sister (if that is what's going to be happening with her).

And yeah, we all have input - it's everyone's RP, after all  :)

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll play her,unless Zimmy was hoping too since she suggested it,

I think it would help if she could say at least baby words,otherwise who ever players is going to have an awful time trying to type some baby gibberish and everyone else trying to understand it.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,Aug 15 2014 on  11:39 AM
I'll play her,unless Zimmy was hoping too since she suggested it,

I think it would help if she could say at least baby words,otherwise who ever players is going to have an awful time trying to type some baby gibberish and everyone else trying to understand it.
She all yours,I don't want to play her anyway. I was just suggesting,then I was going to dump the suggestion on someone else-which happens to be you.

And yes,at least basic talk or make her older then the hatchling in the series..maybe like a toddler or whatever the LBT version of a toddler would be. And maybe have her want to go and look for her sister and bring her home?

So guess,Tricia is all Nahla's...that means I have to work with her even more..I did not think that through..theres no escaping this girl.