The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Great Plague

Ducky123 · 333 · 52278

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cera looks over at Ducky smiling.  "We helped Littlefoot's Grandfather to get well and he was worst off then the grown ups are now.  We helped him and we'll help all the grownups this time too, even if they don't want us to." Cera said with her usual confidence & determination in her voice.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Littlefoot smiled. "Cera's right, Ducky. We'll get our folks the help they need.."
He took a deep, steady breath and places his forepaw a onto the back of the log. Being a four footer, the pads of his front two feet weren't nearly as sensitive as Ducky or Ruby's hands, but he still felt enough of the slick, slimy bark to make him shiver. His feet were firmly planted into the silt-- his tail was dangling just off the edge of the drop off into the deeper part of the stream.
"Alright," Littlefoot said, feeling a twinge of unease that from more than just the cold water. "Let's get started." He began to push.

Chomper smiled in relief as Ruby arrived. He watched as Ruby comforted Ducky, and his brow curled slightly. He quietly looked to the grass with a thoughtful look and the smallest ghost of a frown on his face. Saying nothing, looked up as soon as Littlefoot began to push on the log.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ducky wasn't really convinced of her friends' statements but at least she felt better now. She wiped the tears from her face trying to concentrate on her task.
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby bent down to pat the little Swimmer's back. "I think they need my help so you will have to let go." She smiled. "But I'll be back." She trotted towards her friends, taking her place beside Littlefoot.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Guess who back? I'm gonna try and jump back in sorry)

Littlefoot's gaze drifted to the distance "I'm worried about Grandma and Grandpa" he admitted he suddenly had a thought "Wait..how come all the grown ups are sick...but we aren't?"

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby shrugged. "Maybe it is a sickness that only gets grownups sick, and not little ones."  She wrinkled her snout. "I don't know if I want to grow up and get sick, if this is what growing up is all about."
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Hmm"was all Littlefoot said,he was lost in thought "I wonder if grown ups in other places are sick" he said after a silence.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby frowned as she thought. "That I do not know, but what I do know is that that would be unlikely." She gestured to the high Walls of the Valley. "The Great Walls can keep sharpteeth and other bad things out, while keeping us in, so maybe the sickness is only being kept in because that's where the grownups are."

(...And my tongue exploded again O_o)
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Kinda weird and scary that they all got sick at the exact same time" Littlefoot commented "Grandma and Grandpa have to be ok..' he said letting tears fall "They just have to be ok..they just have to"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Maybe it's because the grown ups spend time together.   It may spread that way." Cera said.  "This one talks to that one.  That one talks to another, and so on."

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"But how did it start?" Littlefoot wondered out loud "The adults got sick all of a sudden..normally you get sick over a few days not suddenly...or what if they have been sick for a while but we didn't notice?"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ducky was terrified due to her friends theories, one unlikelier than another.
"I do not like this, nope, nope, nope!" she stated.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
"Me no like it neither!" Petrie also stated. "But me think we need to get log out of water, and fast!"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"And safe..." Ducky added. She had the anxious feeling that something will go wrong but she neither knew why nor why she even thought about it. "I must think very negative these days..." she thought.
She sat on a rock spectating every step of her friends.
"Hopefully they will make it, yep, yep, yep!" she quietly mumbled to herself.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Chomper didn't turn his head to Ducky, but he watched her out of the corner of his eye. What was going on? Even in the darkest of times, he rarely saw Ducky in this kind of mood...
Chomper's eyes widened slightly, and he turned his entire head to get a more detailed look at Ducky.
There some splashing in the direction of the stream, and he decided to turn his attention there.
'I'm... I'm just being paranoid...' He thought to himself.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby cleared her throat. "My friends!" She said aloud. "Talking about what will happen won't help us right now, with what IS happening! We must get this log out of the water!" She heaved against it. "Come on!"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yea, get this log out first and where we need it to be, then we can talk all we want." Cera said, before she went back to trying to help push the log out and move it with the others, using her frill and head like usual to move large objects.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Littlefoot leaned forward, feeling his body weight shifting into the sodden log. All around him, he heard the concerted straining grunts of his friends as they all pulled, pushed, and dug at the log to try to pry it loose. He could feel some wiggle in the log, for sure, but no real budge.
'This silt's holding out pretty well,' he thought to himself, wiggling his toes over the gooey slime. 'Maybe if I just...'
He reared back a little onto his hind legs, and then brought his front legs crashing down onto the log. There was a satisfying forward lurch as Littlefoot felt his momentum uproot the log and carry on forward.
A victorious smile lit up his face as he reared his forelegs back up again.

Then the silted cliff he was standing on broke.

There was no warning, no delay, no instant where he realized what was happening and no sensation other than a stomach-churning drop. He just plunged in--soundlessly--like a heavy rock. The world of air and light turned into freezing water so laden with silt that it blocked out the light of the setting bright circle. As every muscle in his body clenched defensively, there was just enough time for him to consciously realize that he had fallen into the river before the sensation of water rushing down his throat caused it to lock up.
Animalistic semi-consciousness kicked in. He thrashed wildly and without thought. There was no light; no indication of which way the surface was. He couldn't think. He couldn't see or hear anything. All he felt was a black, screaming fear as he quickly started drowning.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Littlefoot!" Ruby cried, watching her friend plummet. "Oh no! we must help him!" She hurried down alongside the river, trying to follow her friend, but the water was dark, and deep. Her heart beat faster. She couldn't see him!
"Ducky! Littlefoot needs your help to be saved!"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yes, but I am too little and too weak to keep him over water surface!" Ducky panicky shouted. Despite she jumped right into the water ignoring its unpleasant coolness swimming towards the point where she thought Littlefoot submerged.