The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tria

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Apr 18 2009 on  11:05 PM
I know, I know, the science is mind blowing!
No need to hurt your head about it.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Heh. The science of a pink dinosaur... that sounds funny. The only "science" there is an attempt by the artists to positively identify the character as female, as it can be hard to tell otherwise with certain animals...

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Well, recently I've watched Invasion of the Tinysaurs. I've decided to put her on my Top 10 favorite list.

First off, her frill is awesome. It makes me think of something, but I don't know what. Soccer mom?
I've also put her among characters I'd want for neighbors (Queen Uberta from "The Swan Princess" being among them  :lol .) She certainly doesn't seem like a typical step-mom to me and seems to want to get to know Cera until a certain little distraction came a long.

I guess one of the reasons I like Tria is that she's Topsy's polar opposite and seems much more willing to accept other species that seem a little "unordinary", like the Little Longnecks. She seems like someone who'd be willing to make 'clean slates' with people. I honestly think that she'd try to befriend Pterano if/when he comes back. Gossiping in the Mud Pools a'hoy  :wow !

And I just LOVED the scene where she was fighting the Fast Biters. I was like "GO TRIA!!!" Nice to see her flip side for a few minutes. Especially since she didn't seem very much like a vulnerable female to me.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Her frill is a bit odd, as if it were more decorative than defensive. The napeshield of the Triceratops was there to protect the back of the neck from being attacked. Since Tria's seems to point upwards more than back in most shots (and her appearance has been far from consistent, thank you very much, animators), it seems to be more for show than for her own protection.

Also missed by many is that she is a pink female dinosaur. While this may make it easier to distinguish between male and female, doing this has been totally unnecessary for most of the female characters. Littlefoot's mother, Dil, Ducky's mom, and Petrie's mom are just some of the characters which need no pink shade to mark them as feminine. Also, Tria seems to have some sort of a "mask" on her face, a white series of markings near her eyes. That alone would have made her look different from her mate, even if her shading was not too dissimilar to his (keeping in mind that Littlefoot's grandparents have similar shades, as do Littlefoot and Ali.)

One thing is for certain though; she is not at all like her mate. Perhaps she is "too opposite", in that Topsy is overtly masculine and Tria is stereotypically feminine (and yes, that includes the gender-shared duty of fighting to defend the children as much as it means the female enjoys relaxing in warm mud). Let's be glad they don't have nail polish and makeup back in her day, lest we have a "big-lipped crocodile" (alligator?) moment. Her "mask" almost looks like makeup, in my opinion, as if someone had painted her pink face around the eyes. Nevertheless, it is refreshing to see a female Triceratops who is not a tomboy. XD

EDIT: How vulnerable could a several-ton dinosaur be? She's not nearly as strong as her mate, but even if she were totally out of shape, she could easily overpower a human. I find it interesting how she only knocked a raptor back a short distance using her whole force, but Topsy could send one literally flying using only his head. And she tells him that she "loves it when he acts all brave." That part is not really bad, though. I see nothing wrong with a female being attracted to a strong/brave male, especially one who comes to her rescue. She probably couldn't beat that raptor; Tria said she could "maybe" handle it, and had a very nervous expression, but Topsy showed up to save her and the rest, before the other residents arrived to drive them out.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I really like her! She's smart, cute (for a triceratops!), sweet, and awesome! I love that beautiful dark pink color she is...just gorgeous. I remember the first time I saw her was one day when my sister and I were watching tv and the shiny stones episode was on...and my sister was like, "Hold on! I knew she had a dad...I didn't know she had a mom!"  Anyways, about that: Cera should really have been more accepting; I mean, sure, it's hard to adjust to Dad's new girlfriend, or Mom's new boyfriend, after the other parent leaves, but does Cera ever seem to miss her mom that much? And, for a stepmom, Tria is the best. I've got one problem with her, though---or rather, the way some people think about her.

From the wiki:

She is kind, loving and brave, though her character may seem rather false and unconvincing at first.

What the hell? I liked her from the get-go! Sure, she may have participated in Topps' witchunt, but so did everyone except the grandparents at first, including the kids, and once she saw how cute and harmless they were she immediately was at their defense. Anyways, I really like her, though.

By the way...why during Flip Flap fly is she awake but then seconds later is shown waking up noticing Tricia is gone? (They really should have given Tricia a different name...leads to too much confusion between her and Tria.)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Unless you have a stepparent or have ever come close to having a stepparent, you will have no idea how hard it is to accept them.  Cera acted in a very normal manner in my opinion.  My folks split when I was six, and then my father for many years was seeing his high school sweetheart without us knowing while trying to tear our family apart.  Well, not only did he marry the broad without ever telling his kids, but she has disrepected my mother by listing herself as our mother.  I have never met and never intend to meet the *censored*, and I will never consider her a family member.

As for Cera missing her mother, keep in mind that Cera does internalize a lot.  Like me, she hates to show weakness no matter what while around others.  I did notice in the film, though, that she seemed to be in a more depressed mood from the time she met Tria until they started getting along.  I mean, not only had she lost her mother, but she probably felt the only family she had left (her father) was in a way being taken away from her and she felt her relationship with him was threatened.  I adore Tria and wish I had that kind of step relationship, but you've gotta walk a mile in the kid's shoes before understanding that it does indeed take time to accept a new person that could become part of your family structure ;).  

Bruton the Iguanodon

I adore Tria and wish I had that kind of step relationship, but you've gotta walk a mile in the kid's shoes before understanding that it does indeed take time to accept a new person that could become part of your family structure .

Agreed. But what about her mom? Do we know for a fact that she's dead?