The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dil and Icthy

Serris · 17 · 2608

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
What do you think about these 2?

Yeah, they make an interesting pair. Dependent on each other but hate each other.

On the downside, their song "Who Needs You" was one of my least favorite songs.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It was a Mixed up partnership... :yes but it was worth the entertainment.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They were an interesting pair, but why did they speak flattooth instead of sharptooth, were they kicked out and banished for life at a young age and raised by flat teeth or something?  Their song is funny if taken out of the movie, though it does have phrases and words the lbt folks would not know to use, though many lbt movies have those.   Left in the movie the song feels odd.  Like some aliens in an alien movie decide to do a stand up comedy routine before going back to being serious.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
They were an interesting pair, but why did they speak flattooth instead of sharptooth, were they kicked out and banished for life at a young age and raised by flat teeth or something?
They are no sharpteeth but omnivores (they can eat basically everything, eggs, meat (remember Ozzy's comment after catching Chomper), and plants), same as Ruby by the way. They would be prey to Sharpteeth like anyone else. Their taliking "leafeater language" would make perfect sense to me.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In dutch I thought it were two guys (not too crazy, since they were both voiced by guys) and I cant really change that thought since i've seen that movie over a hundreth times. In dutch they were really funny, though I must say that I indeed don't like the english version of who needs you either. I always thought they were kind of silly.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In the German version Dil would clearly be female while Ichty would be a guy.

One general idea is that for once I would like to see a pair of villains who do get along, who are on the same eye-level, and who don't pursue their individual plans against the interest of the other.
So far it has almost been implied that the vicious cannot have any good friendships, at least there was nothing like it among the talking villains of LBT. A pair of villains who share a bond of friendship similar to that of the gang (kind quality that this may be it does not keep someone from being a villain) and who would cooperate in their mischievous actions. I think that would be an interesting change.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The idea of a group of villains tormenting the gang repeatedly but never actually eating them is an interesting idea. Basically, they'd treat the hunt like some kind of game.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, that is what I was thinking of and going for.  As stupid as the idea I had was.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The idea has its pros and cons. One pro is that it would be easier to consider someone a villain who actually conducts villainous acts for the pleasure of it (rather than merely hunting for survival), bt the downside is that if the "not going to to kill them" part is laid open they such villain(s) would be somewhat degraded to mere jerks similar to Hyp and his gang. Even more harmless villains are not really what most of us would hope for.
The idea to let them escape so they can grow up and then make a larger meal doesn't make too much sense to me. In that case the villain(s) could go after a larger dinosaur in the first place and it would also be rather peculiar for a dinosaur to plan a meal so far ahead :confused

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes it is a stupid idea I had.  I'll edit my idea out then, it's for the better.

Invaderbecky

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I have a villian that's plays games with others and then kills, I never used him for a story of a LBT, of course I never did a story for the topic either.

As for Dil and Icky, I like them, their not the smartnest pair, they don't get along, but I think they do like eachother in a I need you to survive way. Even though their song says the opposite. I kind of like the song.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What I liked about Ichy and Dil were that they had personalities, which IMO the only other LBT movies that had bad guys with personalities were 2 and 7.

They were fairly amusing, and I wish we would've seen them again. That's why I've included them in my fanfics and RPs.

It would be interesting to see the story of how they met, explaining why they put up with each other other than the fact they provide different hunting talents.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They seem to be located to mainly one sort of area so I guess if we want to see them again then the gang would have to go to the area again.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I always thought that they were both male...So is Dil female in the English dubbed version because I seem to recall a distinct ''he'' mentioned by Icthy in reference to Dil....

They are fairly amusing characters though, which made the fourth film bearable for me, especially since they are both rather terrible villains that forges a link to Ozzy and Strut.  I rather like it how their friendship is of a ''mutual'' standing...according to the beginning of ''who need's you'', Dil is the teeth and Icthy is the eyes...so neither of them would not eat if it wasn't for the other...I always found that rather amusing.  :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

This dynamic duo brings back memories! I loved their song! Oh, and:

I'm goin it alone!

One of the funniest LBT quotes ever.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Personally, I actually kind of like these two; I've actually heard rumors that Dil and Itchy are the most hated on of the LBT baddies.

I'm not too big of a fan on their song, but they were rather entertaining to watch on screen! :lol