The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mo

Blitz · 25 · 5400

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I find him an interesting character and glad he did appear in an episode of the tv series.  Based on dolphins it would seem to me.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think he is supposed to be an Ophthalmosaurus. I do recall that when I first saw the cover of LBT 9 I was highly annoyed about the shrill coloring thinking stuff along the lines of "Pokemon invasion in LBT or what?"
During the movie itself however I was not bothered by his shrill colors and I am rather fond of LBT 9 altogether.
Another remarkable thing about Mo is that, same as Chomper, he seems to have perfect command of "leafeating landwalker language" while compared to Chomper it is even less likely for him to have been able to learn it from someone else... Though come to think of it, or rather come to think of Elzy, there may be a chance that a number of seaborne creatures do know the language of the land so Mo might have found a tutor.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They could both have contact with some of their kind, or travel to areas where some like swimmers like Ducky and other types who can go on land and swim in the sea live and maybe are adapted for salt water or salt and fresh water.  They may also have some contact with flyers who fly out to the sea to catch and eat fish.   So I can see how both characters may have knowledge of the flattooth language.  

I know what species Mo is based in, I was just saying they took some characteristics from dolphins to add to Mo's kind, which I would have done much the same.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I loooooooove Mo!! He's my favorite LBT character ever!!!  :smile

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Meh, I thought he was tolerable. If not adorable.

Plus, he's voiced by Rob Paulsen.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Mo and his movie turned the big 1-0 today (or yesterday)

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Mo is one of my favourite characters, as well, in voice and cuteness, not by acting style and his personality.  I mean, his voice can get a tad annoying if you listen to it constantly.  And he sometimes acts rather...odd? (Not the right word, sorry.)  Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly, just that there are some elements tha tI don't like about him.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He is an interesting character and one that I do like.  I do like that he was brought back in a tv series episode.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Loved this character. I started whistling and trilling as I watched the movie "Yi-Yi-Yittofoot!"
He was so absolutely cute and unique and fun!
"Hahahaha!!"
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When I was younger(before I was"too old" for LBT :DD) LBT9 was my absolutely favourite movie.
I guess that Mo was the reason for it( I can't really remember  <_< )
He's adorable, funny and I really like his way of speech( well, it seems that most LBT characters can be characterized by their way of speech: Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Mo, Ruby, (Guido maybe?)
Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How old is Mo?  I always wondered that.  

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assumed he was around the same age as the gang, more or less.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Something I noticed about Mo is that he is in all respects a carnivore and hence a can be called a Swimming Sharptooth, I wounder if The Gang knew this, he can speak their language and he has a very likeable personality, it's no wonder that the Gang got attached to him but do they know what he eats? The way I figure it his kind could Ducky sized fish and squid and this has never been addressed in the series perhaps because he is seen as a mysterious creature to them and they still don't know that much about him. I find it very interesting to say the least.

Anyway when I first saw this character I was totally delighted, I love marine life and the appearance of Mo just made the movie immediately enjoyable. I also really liked his personality, his compulsion to have fun and be cheeky is received very well here, it's much better development then characters like Wildarms a the Yellowbellies. I also really like his squeaky voice, it's like that of a dolphin and modelling his personality after one was a very good idea in my opinion.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I still remember back then when LBT 9 first came out in Germany, I got instantly attached to Mo as well. LBT 9 quickly replaced LBT 8 as my favourite movie (it's back to LBT 8 nowadays) because I liked Mo quite a lot :lol

Anyway, good point. I didn't know Mo was a fisheater  :blink: I'm sure the Gang will love to hear about this  :sducky

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
They never showed him eating anything in the series, didn't they? Well, at the very least consuming fish isn't the same as hunting speaking thinking dinos... (And then they'll make a whole movie series about speaking thinking fish from the prehistoric times. Oops.) :slap

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Deep down I thought mo was a pretty good character. I didn't find him that annoying at all. The way he interacted with the gang was good.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
One thing that particularly caught my interest was when Mo made the gang think he got caught in several boulders underwater and the gang jumped in to rescue him only to find it had all been a practical joke. The gang got understandably mad at him, but that never went anywhere.

Obviously, Mo meant nothing malicious but I thought exploring such a lack of familiarity with the boundary between good-natured pranks and dickishly upsetting friends would have been fascinating.  It would have given him more of an arc (and some drama, like if his jokes actually got someone hurt).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those are good ideas and could have lead to what you said, possibly.  Good ideas.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Interesting thought. I wonder how the movie would have gone with them abandoning Mo after the incident  :unsure: