The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Extra #2

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was going to use this character for a fanfic of mine when I started to notice something. He's an extra!

We see him pterano's doomed group in 7

Then we see him in 11, singing and stuff

Then, if that wasn't enough, we see two copies of him in a single shot!

I'm thinking, HEY, he must have been in more movies then I remember. Just something funny I noticed. =P

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Interesting discovery here. Of course, this could simply be the work of the editors simply putting dinosaurs in to fill the herd. As we have learned, continuity sometimes doesn't really flow as nonbody expected the movies to go to XIII. That character might have been put in just for filler but again it is an interesting discovery.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Yeah, I noticed the samething with Doofah (a yellow belly) in the thirteen movie.
These won't be the best screenshots either.

You all remember how Doofah walked off from the group in XIII? Well, I show you the goofs I noticed.

Here you can see her walking away from the group, down a DIFFERENT path:

Then here in the red circle, you can her up from with Loofah, Littlefoot and Cera:

I always noticed that when ever I would watch the movie.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't think they're meant to be the same character, I think it's just the default colouring for that dinosaur (in other words, unless customised to create a unique character, all Styracosaurus' will be green). For instance, we see whole herds of identical dinosaurs, both in and out of the valley.

For example, (at least from what I've noticed) several dinosaur breeds are always shown the same colour, regardless of whether it's the same character or not.
Styracosaurus' are generally green.
Corythosaurus' are generally brown with yellow.
Parasaurolophus' are generally yellow with a brown crest.
Lambeosaurus' are generally teal/green.
Diplodocus' are greyish colours (based on Doc and the mother longneck in 9).
Ouranosaurus' are generally blue (seen with the far-walkers in 7).
Ankylosaurus' are generally pinkish-red.
Muttaburrasaurus' are generally a dull green.
Hypsilophodonts are generally greyish.
Pachycephalosaurs are grey in the earlier films, but the odd brightly-coloured hatchling appears every now and then (6 and 12).
Pink-purple is a common colour for Apatosaurus in the earlier films, but the colours get more diverse as the sequels go on. Ditto Triceratops and orange.

I can't think of any more at the minute, does anyone want to add to this list? Or maybe I should start a new topic and post it there.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I’m going to have to agree with Almaron. All Styracosaurus in LBT look the same because, being nameless background characters with extremely minor roles, there is no need to give each individual a unique design, and not doing so is also cheaper and reduces the risk of continuity issues (e.g., a character changing color between shots). The ones in the pics can’t all be the same character, because the one in Pterano’s group was implicitly killed with all of the others. (The one in the second picture and one of those in the third are likely the same, though, as well as the one that was seen getting stuck under a tree root later on.) However, if you think of the characters in LBT as being played by actors, the same Styracosaurus extra could be very well be playing all the parts. :p

Actually, it’s not entirely correct to say that they all look exactly alike. Here’s a screenshot from LBT XI that shows three of them (one on the upper left and the others in the upper right-hand corner), all with different colors:

Adding on to Almaron’s list:

Gallimimus/Troodon (Rainbow Faces) are always green with blue stripes (also blue on the top of the head and snout) and yellow-sided snouts, sometimes with a thin red stripe on the snout as well.

Velociraptor (Fast Biters) vary in color, being green, blue, maroon, or tan. They always have stripes, though. (If you consider the raptors from LBT III to be a different design of the same species, then they come in orange as well.)

Diplodocus have also been seen to be a pinkish color (as seen in Campion’s third image), as well as green.

Saurolophus (Swimmers) are usually brown or grayish brown, though Ducky’s father(?) was shown as teal at the end of LBT V.

Pteranodon (Flyers) varied somewhat in color in the earlier films, but in LBT VII and beyond, nearly all of the background ones were brown and tan.

Archaeopteryx were green in LBT VII, but yellow with purplish-fringed wings and tails in LBT IX and beyond.

Bellydraggers are almost always some shade of green (with a couple of brownish ones in “The Amazing Threehorn Girl”)

Iguanodon are green with a line of darker green spots on the sides of their necks.

Archelon (sea turtles) tend to be light green.

Kentrosaurus are reddish orange with yellow plates and spikes.

Brachiosaurus are generally purple or blue, or somewhere inbetween.

Stegosaurus (Spiketails) are usually brownish green with brown plates, though the herd from LBT VIII showed a much wider variety of colors.

Ophthalmosaurus (Mo’s species) have yellow undersides with purple backs and orange, red, or maroon markings.

Struthiomimus (Egg Stealers) are tan, with brown or grayish brown backs, and bands on their legs and spots along their sides of the same color.

Tyrannosaurus (Sharpteeth) come in shades of green, brown, and gray.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Plus, Campion, in your first example the green "onehorn" dies, so he can't be the same one as the examples later. The same goes for the ankylosaur who followed Pterano to his death; nobody thinks he's Mr. Clubtail, just another ankylosaur.

Of course, since you're writing a fanfiction, you can do whatever you want. If you want to find a way the character can come back from the dead, then duplicate himself, by all means do so. :yes It would be an interesting read.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not saying they're the same guy. I'm just thinking of it being the same actor in different chars kind of thing.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Campion1,Sep 15 2010 on  06:17 PM
I'm not saying they're the same guy. I'm just thinking of it being the same actor in different chars kind of thing.
yeah, tons of movie series do that.

Meghan Strange voices Ruby and Trica
Anndi McAffe voices Cera and A background character
Jeff Bennett voices Petrie, Ichy and a few others
Cody Arens, Logen Arens and Anthony Skillman all voice Littlefoot, the two arens talking, and Skillman singing.

Michael Gross plays as Burt Gummer in Tremors 1 through 3 and the tv series, and his great grandfather in 4.

Tons of series do this

Bruton the Iguanodon

What happened to extra #1? But yeah, I noticed this, artists were too lazy to draw seperate characters.  :neutral

By the way your first image disapeared