The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Grandma Longneck

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Just like what Grandpa Longneck did in The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock (1998) did Grandma Longneck combat any Sharpteeth, if yes then in which Movies and/or Episodes?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I belive she did. In movies 2 and 10. In number 2 she helped fight off Chomper's parents with the gangs parents. And in 10 she helped Grandpa longneck fight off a sharptooth.

But if your talking about combating a sharptooth by herself, I don't believe she did.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sure she combatted sharpteeth during their journey to the valley, but in terms of on screen fighting the only times we see her do anything is in LBT II and LBT X.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Here are some pics of Grandma crying.

From 4...

...from 5...

...and finaly, from 10.  :(

Which do you think is the saddest?

I just noticed...the tears in the animation went (in the time between 5 and 10) from being white streams to just clear wet streaks...very nice on the job of the animators, but I miss the old animation.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
I like the picture in X, but IV had the saddest moment...

Anyways, it would be cool to see grandma fight alone, though.

Bruton the Iguanodon

She certainly did in 10!

I don't think she did in 3...and not really in 2 either

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
^Naw, She helped Grandpa...

We didn't see her really fight in II and it was Grandpa in III.

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
she hardly ever fights sharpteeth for some reason I don t' know why

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I noticed that but she at least tried to fight them.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I think as she got older Grandma has sort of taken the role of getting the others out of danger while Grandpa fights it off or goes to help a few individuals who are trapped (such as Topps and Cera in 3). However, if by "getting the others out of danger" she has to go in and help fight it off, then she will do so.
Also, Grandpa mentions in the fourth movie that she wasn't as strong as she once was, which suggests that she may have been a fairly strong fighter in her younger days, but old age has taken it's toll on her more so than her mate, leaving Grandpa as the fighter of the family. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, very good point ;)
I think that Bron and Grandpa fighted the sharpteeth, while Littlefoots mother and Grandma escaped the danger or helped them( more Longnecks=Bad for sharpteeth :p) before the birth of Littlefoot... Can't decide what to decide for... :S
What do you guys think?
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
To be honest, after the way she fought in the original movie, I wouldn't be surprised if Littlefoot's mother started battling with other sharpteeth in order to protect her family/friends/rest of the herd, along with Bron and Grandpa, while Grandma got others out of the way (perhaps the lost longneck herd from before Littlefoot was born?). She seems like a pretty strong fighter to me, even if she ended up getting killed for the sake of her son living, but then again that was one impossibly strong and ferocious sharptooth. I could imagine Grandma being like that as a younger adult, well, perhaps not so able to bash sharpteeth against cliffs with her tail, but still very able to ward one off, but as I said before, getting older probably weakened her physical ability, leaving her to go off and warn the others and get the most vulnerable ones out of danger, while the stronger fighters like Grandpa and Topps go and fight it off. :yes
Seeing as Grandpa mentions them still being a good team after so many years in 10, I believe that she would indeed fight alongside her mate when both were younger, perhaps contributing a fair bit more than she did in the movies. I guess it's just another thing we may never know about these two. :confused

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
sometimes shes not arond when sharpteeth are there like in the third movie :unsure:

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeah. I think she was probably told to stay with the main herd, which consisted of mostly swimmers and... whatever Hyp's species is, while some of the parents went to find their kids. Her sheer size alone probably would've made smaller predators at least somewhat reluctant to attack, but it was unlikely that they would have been attacked by a large group since most of them probably went towards the water. If they were attacked, though, I'm sure she, along with the couple of clubtails and spiketails, would've been capable enough of making them back off. :yes

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I totally agree with that :3

Though she certainly was weakened with age, there are plenty of hints that she is more than capable of bashing some Sharpteeth if they think her dinner, one of which (at least I think is a good one) is in the infamous 13th movie at the beginning when she saves Littlefoot from falling to yet another untimely dead :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
That's very true.

Perhaps she might be a little bit underestimated, then. She could be far more capable than most of the others know. :yes

Yeah... how she managed to get herself back up there, I'll still never know. I guess that was just one of her awesome moments, like in LBT 10 when she just went and bashed a sharptooth off a cliff. :p

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jul 8 2013 on  02:09 PM
I guess that was just one of her awesome moments, like in LBT 10 when she just went and bashed a sharptooth off a cliff. :p
Well, in defense of the Status-Quo, her hubby had to risk his neck (pun totally intended) for the Sharptooth to fall  :lol

But yes, when she climbed back up there I was like  :blink: cause she managed to hoist over 20 tons up there with surprising ease!

Different moment of Awesome: that tree-root HELD at least a good part of 20 tons!!! You go, random unnamed Tree-root!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside,Jul 8 2013 on  02:42 PM
Well, in defense of the Status-Quo, her hubby had to risk his neck (pun totally intended) for the Sharptooth to fall
Status quo?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah that part to me also amazed me in movie X. It's amazing she had that kind of strength to hoist her self up the ledge.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jul 8 2013 on  04:32 PM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside,Jul 8 2013 on  02:42 PM
Well, in defense of the Status-Quo, her hubby had to risk his neck (pun totally intended) for the Sharptooth to fall
Status quo?

Well, the Status Quo that her hubby is the main fighter :p He can deal with Sharpteeth on his own (as in, no other Longneck needs to get involved), but she still needs help (him tripping the Sharptooth she rammed) to bring a Sharptooth down. Not to say that she couldn't have done it on her own, but just saying at that particular moment she needed help...

Speaking of the tenth movie, I am rolling on the floor with laughter every time I watch her join the battle:

Random Longneck: Don't go, there are Sharpteeth out there!
Grandma: So is my Grandson!

What about your hubby, dear? The one you're going to help? Or your son-in-law? Nope, they're not important enough for her :p Screw you if you get nommed, as long as Littlefoot is okay, she's fine with it  :lol