Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > Member Recommendations

Super Planet Crash

(1/3) > >>

The Chronicler:
A little something I found yesterday.

http://www.stefanom.org/super-planet-crash/
(The link to the actual game is at the top of this article.)

This is quite a neat game. The objective is to create a solar system that can remain stable for 500 game years. If just one planet either crashes into another or gets flung outside, you lose. You always start with just one Earth-mass planet, but you can always add more with either the same or higher masses. You get more points for more planets and more massive planets.

After over a dozen tries, I've had only one success for far. Sadly, I did not think to save the link, but I do remember getting a score of just over 190,000. (Compared to some other high scores I've seen, that's actually not much.)

Go ahead and give it a try.

rhombus:
A rather fun and interesting game.  Here is my best showing thus far.  Only survived 271 years though.

Edit: I Finally made it to 500 years with 69,794,848 points.  The dwarf star adds a lot to the point total, as does crowding planets in the habitable zone in order to get the resulting point bonuses, but it radically disrupts the stability of the system as you would expect.

The Chronicler:
I tend to be very careful with mine to create a stable system, but this has resulted in some pretty low scores. My second success is an improvement from my first, but I still got only 334,210 points.

Ducky123:
Man, this is an awesome game :DD

I just realised that rhombus had the same idea like me... only my score is a little higher :p At watching his system, it crashed only half a year later than mine...

Anyway, forgot to save the link but took screenshots:

I'm #602 :o

pokeplayer984:
As anyone can see, I was WAY too safe with this one.

http://www.stefanom.org/spc/?view=1847786

I'll try something more risky when I have the time to mess around with it.

See ya later! :wave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version