The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who thinks 10-12 were really overdone?

Guest · 10 · 1384

Bruton the Iguanodon

Because they were. 1 was overdone, of course, but it was supposed to be. 5-9 weren't that great at all but they at least they weren't overdone and are sort of guilty pleasures for me. 10, though, had this overdone song about Littlefoot going adventuring in the beginning---wow! that's sooooo exiting! Cause, like, in movies 1-9 he never once went adventuring, so this is soooo new and exiting! Also, some of the visuals in the song felt like they were trying to reclaim the success of the classic originalm version of "Big water". Hah, nice try. It's just crappy if it's trying to repeat a cool moment of an earlier film.

By the ways, did anyone but me find Cera's nightmare...like, the scariest part of the whole movie? The extreme  brightness of it, the huge crowd, the loud noise, it's just unnerving!! Where in the world did Universal get the idea that it would be okay to put that into an LBT film? Oh, and Topps in the dream---did they really have to make his speaking part (and basically role) of the film? So much for an average film role for Topps!

It had a huge, overdone sad part at the end, and then this dramatic shot all every longneck in the world almost leaving this giant crater. As a resuly individual moments were all but lost for 10 and the movie just stood out as some huge picture. I don't consider "Bestest Friends" and the whole end tearjerking as much as...overkill! Littlefoot never had a father in 1-9---what was wrong with that? Why do you have to go ahead and DESTROY the image fans had had in their mind for years and years and movies and movies?

LBT 11: Oh god. This film was the overkill of the century. All the adults had this huge song at the beginning that was no doubt trying to seem like the awesome songs of the earlier films. Then during "Girls and Dads" we got a shot of Cera and Lizzie walking side by side that completely ripped off a moment of Cera and Ducky during "The Mad song"---which I do like, and don't think should be copied in any way! We even got a lame "angry mob" moment, and after that, towards the very, very end of this crappy film, they had to give most of the main cast a scene where they bawl and bawl and bawl their skulls out. Yeah, cause we've never seen LBT characters cry before that moment and really needed the climax of the film to have everyone burst into tears. Even spike did it---which shocked me, since I never would have expected him to cry over spilled milk! And usually crying scenes are very emotionall...this one was ridiculous!! And then, to cheer us up after the crying par-tay, they gave us a sharptooth encounter that was by far the worst ever done, and it ended with every single member of the great valley gathering around the tree and partying and there's all this CGI  and it didn't feel happy at all, it felt overwhelming!! (Even 10 was less overwhelming and publicised since the ednign didn't do an overwhelming gathering of every dinosaur in the valley!!)  :(  Even the scene where they're all playing with the tinysaurs in the underground cave was overdone! The only thing that saved this movie from falling into complete darkness was the romance storyline between Topps and Tria. A romance storyline---something that you'd think would be restricted from LBT---saved the day. (P.S., I don't know too much about Threehorns...b ut Topps has  good taste.) But like I said, individual moments were practiacally lost---the whole thing stood out. Even the Tria storyline, which could have been it's own thing, had to be part of the film's main plot.

LBT 12: Though not as overdone as the last one, it had a huge overdone birth and the 2nd half was resorted to the "big day!" which was sooooo overdone, with all the singing and huge groups and stuff, and the big "night before christmas adventure!" The last moment action sene where Tricia falls into the water also felt like a bit of a ripoff of the last moment action scene where Spike fell into the frozen pond in 8. Both times, we thought the movie was over, only for something to happen, a character to almost drown, another character to save him/ her, and then everyone all smiles. Geez!

While 2-4 were the only real gems we got from LBT, 5-9 weren't too bad cause they wren't overdone. But 10-12...were overkill. Exposure. Suicide. Need I say anymore?

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I guess the new director though that the series were for kids (and by kids, I mean kindergardeners.)  They didn't understand the older group or the adults who would potentially be watching with them.

Bruton the Iguanodon

But that director had been around since 5 (which, yes, was where the series started to go downhill, but everything was wrong from here)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Anyways, just thought I'd make this topic noticable, since it's been awhile since anyone's posted.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm sorry, it's just I really hate these films, particularly 11, and am still praying that they, 13, and the tv series all turn out to be a dream---that Littlefoot never actually did wake up from his nightmare at the beginning of 10, and that everything that's happened after 9 is all just a nightmare that will end.

I know, I'm pathetic, but I'm also desperate.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Dude why did you post on a thread that's been dead for three months now? Guess what? Everything in 10-13 and the t.v. show happened whether you like it or not. There is no need for you to reactivate a dead thread.  <_< The admins please lock this thread.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Bruton, there's no reason for you to keep getting worked up over the sequels 10-13 and the TV series. Yes you don't like them. You made that clear. But don't obsess over it. Nothing you say or do will change them. As MC pointed out, they happened whether you want them to or not. You can say you wish they were a dream, but the reality is that they weren't; they are part of LBT canon, and you can either just accept that (but you still don't have to like them) or you can continue to drive yourself (and others) nuts by obsessing over this (which will do absolutely no good as history will not rewrite itself to make you happy nor will the directors of LBT make it so that sequels 10-13 and the TV show not exist to please you).

Your choice.

Bruton the Iguanodon

First of all I posted on this thread because it's been dead for three months.

Secondly, you can consider them part of LBT canon, but I don't.

LBT 9 was the end of LBT canon for me. The rest was a huge nightmare.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Mar 27 2012 on  09:48 AM
First of all I posted on this thread because it's been dead for three months.

Secondly, you can consider them part of LBT canon, but I don't.

LBT 9 was the end of LBT canon for me. The rest was a huge nightmare.
Then why did make another thread on this issue then? That's another question I would like to know and so would the rest of the forum.

http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=10365

You basically made the same argument on another thread and made another thread that made the same argument. It makes absolutely no sense to make two threads talking about relatively the same things.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Just because you see LBT 10-13 and the TV series as a nightmare, Bruton, doesn't mean that they actually are; it doesn't mean they are not LBT canon. They are canon and they did happen. You cannot deny their existence simply because you don't like them. You don't have creative rights to LBT and never will. If you don't like any LBT stuff after LBT9, that's fine. LBT9 was the last LBT movie that you liked, but it was not the end of LBT canon, and no amount of you saying otherwise will change it.

LBT 10-13 and the TV show are part of LBT canon. End of story.