The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What was the point of Spike singing?

Guest · 17 · 1625

Bruton the Iguanodon

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
They didn't want Spike to feel left out.

But seriously, I don't know. The directors probably thought it would make the scene feel more complete or something. I don't know.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I ask you: "Why not?"

Because it was unnecessary

They didn't want Spike to feel left out.

Oh yeah, like not making him sing is gonna make him feel left out

I don't thik he'd ever felt "left out" before

Wouldn't it still sound as good without Spike

Bruton the Iguanodon

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My "they didn't want Spike to feel left out" was not a serious statement. That's why I said "but, seriously" afterwards.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Maybe... They just wanted to try something new with the songs.

Bruton the Iguanodon

What? Was there something wrong with the songs before?

Bruton the Iguanodon

I mean, did anyone like it when they tried something new with Linkin Park?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Some singing. He sounded more like a brass instrument than an actual singer. Maybe Spike felt stronger emotions with this song, considering what he had to go through with the bee stings.  ;)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Some singing. He sounded more like a brass instrument than an actual singer. Maybe Spike felt stronger emotions with this song, considering what he had to go through with the bee stings. 

(chorus, offscreen) HALL...ELLUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!!
 :celebrate  :celebrate  :cheers

SOMEONE REMEMBERED!!!  :celebrate  :cheers  :exactly

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Mar 16 2012 on  05:48 PM
I mean, did anyone like it when they tried something new with Linkin Park?
Actually, yes.  And maybe Spike enjoyed the song more than the others.  Comes to show he's not "stupid" or "slow" like some think he is ;).

Bruton the Iguanodon

Bruton the Iguanodon

Spike must have been the only one who had enough sense to actually enjoy the song and not be turned off by it's meaning. To quote why Ducky glared at him:

Probably because he was smiling while all the others seemed scared by bad luck. She felt he was disrupting the unity of the group.

Well I think what he was doing was right. Spike, you do your thing and don't let anyone make you feel the "unity of the group". If it's so important that you feel the same way as your friends, I know you'll already be doing that without anyone making you. And at that point, it wasn't.  I would've done the same in your place!  ;)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Comes to show he's not "stupid" or "slow" like some think he is .

LBT 4 really showed this: Petrie and Ducky weren't sure whether to go with Ali or not after Cera said she might be lying, and had to ask Spike whether or not they should go. It makes you wonder whether if Spike jumped off a cliff they would too.

But anyways, Spike does have a song that predates this ("You're one of us now") but there it worked ok cause they didn't make his singing so...so obvious, to the point where you couldn't really focus on the rest of the song

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Why would Spike jump off a cliff?

And how is asking Spike if they should do something any different from asking one another?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Let me rephrase what I said before. Spike wouldn't jump off a cliff, of course (OK he almost walked over one in 6) but my point is they seemed too dumb to make the decision of whether to go with Ali themselves and had to ask Spike. At least that's how it came across. I'm not saying I like it that way---I love Ducky and Petrie and love to think of the two of them together---but did they really have to rely on Spike to make the decision.