The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I enjoy this show that's on Thursdays.  It has become one of best game shows on FOX.

My only question about it all is, How in the World can 5th Graders be SO smart?  Not a single person has earned the $1,000,000 since this show has aired, and get this, all of them have been up against NORMAL 5th Graders.  Not a single one of them is considered a super smart genius of some kind.  Not even a Masters Degree, 160 on SAT test can beat them. :blink:

WTF?  How can they be THAT smart? :unsure:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they read stuff on their own and look stuff up on the internet.  And most folks forget what they learned in school and college.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The show is fixed.  In the credits you can read that the kids would be supplied with questions that could be asked on the show.  The questions aren't "out of the blue" like Jeopardy.

Some of the stuff I can't answer because I simply know nothing about astronomy and depending on what math/science question I get, I'll just go "Hueh?"  :P: