The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Horned Sharptooth

Hypno · 17 · 3918

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
This is the discussion on the Horned Sharptooth The Land Before Time XIV: Journey Of The Brave. Feel free to discuss whatever you want about the Carnotaurus.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
About time Carnotaurus got a representative for LBT. :)

For some reason, I'm thinking this may be a reference to "Dinosaur"...

MF217

• 밀레 시안
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://mf217.deviantart.com/
Kind of feels odd how they have two non-Dromaeosauridae, carnivorous Theropods in the same movie to be honest. Unless it's a special occasion, there should really just be a single species of larger sized Theropod in the same movie at once.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
MF217
SW-2833-1633-8314
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on various games for the 3DS or Switch please.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Ah, glad they got my favorite carnivorous dinosaur finally in LBT. I mean, what makes
Carnotaurus so cool is obviously its horns, which are unique not just for carnivorous dinosaurs
but carnivorous animals in general. Carnotaurus has been gaining attention and popularity gradually over the decades since its discovery in the mid-80s, but to see it in LBT makes me pleased.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Dracorider19,Mar 21 2017 on  06:09 AM
Ah, glad they got my favorite carnivorous dinosaur finally in LBT. I mean, what makes
Carnotaurus so cool is obviously its horns, which are unique not just for carnivorous dinosaurs
but carnivorous animals in general. Carnotaurus has been gaining attention and popularity gradually over the decades since its discovery in the mid-80s, but to see it in LBT makes me pleased.
That, and the fact that it wasn't dumb and had good senses. And that agility too! Quickly scaling a ground spike and leaping off of it. Would Sharptooth be able to do that?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The Horned Sharptooth acted the most like the Original Sharptooth, He was dark skinned, leapt into air almost supernaturally, and one of his roars sounded similar. He also when walking around made you feel close to (I know someone will disagree) the fear that the Original Sharptooth instill in viewers.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
This is one of the coolest sharpteeth in LBT for sure! I don't know why they didn't use more unique species like this more often, instead of Tyrannosaurus all the time! Imagine if one of the three sharpteeth in LBT X had been a Carnotaurus, with the other two being species like Dilophosaurus or Cryolophosaurus! (Plus, reading the LBT VI script has me disappointed that we never got Ceratosaurus...)
As far as LBT sharpteeth go, the horned sharptooth was also one of the fiercest. :whatdidyousay The featherhead sharpteeth weren't very scary, but this guy's appearance, his roars, his leaps, and just about every other aspect of him gave the impression he was dangerous. Got my approval--if we're gonna have a sharptooth chase in almost every LBT movie, might as well make it a good one!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
This is one of the coolest sharpteeth in LBT for sure! I don't know why they didn't use more unique species like this more often, instead of Tyrannosaurus all the time! Imagine if one of the three sharpteeth in LBT X had been a Carnotaurus, with the other two being species like Dilophosaurus or Cryolophosaurus! (Plus, reading the LBT VI script has me disappointed that we never got Ceratosaurus...)
As far as LBT sharpteeth go, the horned sharptooth was also one of the fiercest. :whatdidyousay The featherhead sharpteeth weren't very scary, but this guy's appearance, his roars, his leaps, and just about every other aspect of him gave the impression he was dangerous. Got my approval--if we're gonna have a sharptooth chase in almost every LBT movie, might as well make it a good one!

I unequivocally agree. :)

The Horned Sharptooth is truly the greatest sharptooth since Sharptooth.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

Ya know, it's kind of unexpected this is the first place you'd post after your break. (total sarcasm) :lol

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Ya know, it's kind of unexpected this is the first place you'd post after your break. (total sarcasm) :lol

And I thought “I was so mysterious.” :lol

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I think that Horned Sharptooth is definitely the coolest Sharptooth. The horns make him quite intimidating. I think all Sharpteeth look cooler when they have a special identifying feature, but this one has the coolest identifying feature, in my opinion.
Go Chomper!

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Dude, if that really happened in the movie (the three Sharpteeth being of different species), my dino-loving 9/10-year-old self would've been having a fangasm that lasted for DAYS. You're right; they really did need to shake up their Sharptooth species selection a lot more. They were definitely starting to do it near the end of the franchise, but still, eighty percent of the Sharpteeth we all know and remember are T-rexes. Sad.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
I think this guy was weak.  :whatdidyousay There was only one chase and that was it.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I think this guy was weak.  :whatdidyousay There was only one chase and that was it.
The guy clearly had a vicious and powerful streak to him, though. I think it's less about his power and more about the screentime he was given.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Kind of feels odd how they have two non-Dromaeosauridae, carnivorous Theropods in the same movie to be honest. Unless it's a special occasion, there should really just be a single species of larger sized Theropod in the same movie at once.

I think they wanted to up the tension factor by having the Horned and Featherheaded Sharpteeth. However, I’d have preferred just the Horned as the main antagonist.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

I think they wanted to up the tension factor by having the Horned and Featherheaded Sharpteeth. However, I’d have preferred just the Horned as the main antagonist.
Honestly, it would've been awesome if the film introduced the Featherheaded Sharpteeth first and made us think they'll be the antagonists. But then, in the same scene, the film throws us a twist by having them be attacked and scared off by the Horned Sharptooth, which establishes its presence as a particularly terrifying Sharptooth and the actual antagonist.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Honestly, it would've been awesome if the film introduced the Featherheaded Sharpteeth first and made us think they'll be the antagonists. But then, in the same scene, the film throws us a twist by having them be attacked and scared off by the Horned Sharptooth, which establishes its presence as a particularly terrifying Sharptooth and the actual antagonist.

That would have worked well too. I’s have even liked Etta saying, “be warned that is the canyon of devil sharptooth, whose head is adorn with horns and who is black like the ash of grumbly mountains.” I’d have loved a build up tp the Horned Sharptooth being a supernatural terror as well as carnivore.