The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Song Club: Week 2 (12/21-12/28)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Welcome to week 2 of the song club.  The first week we had to work out some issues with delivery but if possible, something that streams the audio (like photobucket or youtube) would be ideal for this club.

So without further adieu, here is my selection for week 2:

The Muppets - Scrooge {Muppet Christmas Carol}

In sticking with Christmas while the holiday has yet to come, I've chosen the song "Scrooge" from the Muppet Christmas Carol.  I love this song due to the fact I can think back on many people just like Scrooge as described by the song and its a faithful reminder of how during the Christmas season, to soften thy heart and help others.  The crew and composers along in typical tradition for Jim Henson's muppets, create unique songs that are often quite catchy and out of the ordinary.  This was hardly your typical, traditional, Christmas Carol story.  (Note: I did not upload this for this week; the video is a nice addition so I just found a link with the video rather than just uploading the audio alone).

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kenny G - We Three Kings / Carol of the Bells (Instrumental)
I've always found this to be a very beautiful instrumental arrangement of these two Christmas carols.  Kenny G is a very adept soprano sax player, especially with ballads such as these.  It's hard to fully appreciate this track in youtube's low quality but I hope you at least try. :) It's worth it.

I love how the two songs meld together so seamlessly in this arrangement, in a simple yet very pleasant musical production.